Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Letty's journey post-op

The view from our room. Too bad we leave tomorrow. It's nice seeing dolphins every morning when you get up.

This is absolutely stunning! Glad you are having fun!

Have been out for awhile. Happy to hear all are doing well. I am 6 months out now and down to 144lbs. Feeling really good. So much energy. Eating most foods but in small amounts and sticking to my new food choices. I do like layes potato chips thats my weakness. Still want to lose 15 more lbs.

@@rln52 happy to hear from you. You are doing great! I'm about 182 right know. I feel like the 180's have been the hardest pounds to lose. For me the nuts are still my weakness.

Its getting harder now because i know i can eat anything without the fear of not being able to tolerate the food. My hair is still falling out but maybe not as much and i had so much of it that it didn't affect the way it looks - just feels lighter. Having hard time stopping myself to not wear my old 2× 3× clothes. The 1x still feels good but its probably too big. I bought a medium blouse and 12P pant this week and they fit nice. I need to clean out my closet. I am afraid to get rid of it last time i lost weight i gave it all away and then gained it all back. Then today i was thinking i could give it to coworkers and everytime i saw the clothes on them i could remember wow I use to be that size and stay true to my new food choices.

Edited by rln52

By the way my wedding rings fit again. I wear them everyday now. I wish i had gotten this surgery sooner. I am so happy with the outcomes and my life has changed so much for the better.

By the way my wedding rings fit again. I wear them everyday now. I wish i had gotten this surgery sooner. I am so happy with the outcomes and my life has changed so much for the better.

This is awesome @@rln52! Keep it up. I really do think that this 1st year is the most important one, that's when we should learn new eating habits and see what works best for us.

Its getting harder now because i know i can eat anything without the fear of not being able to tolerate the food. My hair is still falling out but maybe not as much and i had so much of it that it didn't affect the way it looks - just feels lighter. Having hard time stopping myself to not wear my old 2× 3× clothes. The 1x still feels good but its probably too big. I bought a medium blouse and 12P pant this week and they fit nice. I need to clean out my closet. I am afraid to get rid of it last time i lost weight i gave it all away and then gained it all back. Then today i was thinking i could give it to coworkers and everytime i saw the clothes on them i could remember wow I use to be that size and stay true to my new food choices.

I been cleaning my closet monthly, in the past I always saved it and that's how I ended up getting in trouble again cause I would gain some weight and I would get the big clothes out. I'm hoping this time as soon as I see some change on how my clothes fit that I will take control of any weight gain.

Have been out for awhile. Happy to hear all are doing well. I am 6 months out now and down to 144lbs. Feeling really good. So much energy. Eating most foods but in small amounts and sticking to my new food choices. I do like layes potato chips thats my weakness. Still want to lose 15 more lbs.

@@rln52 happy to hear from you. You are doing great! I'm about 182 right know. I feel like the 180's have been the hardest pounds to lose. For me the nuts are still my weakness.

I agree with you the 180's are tough to get through.

The view from our room. Too bad we leave tomorrow. It's nice seeing dolphins every morning when you get up.

This is absolutely stunning! Glad you are having fun!

The dolphins were amazing. I don't recommend virginia beach to anyone in the winter, it was so boring.

All this week I been reading the book called A pound of cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner and is very interesting all of the points of view he gives about how we gain weight. I also checked out some of his you tube videos. I am contemplating eating the way he explained on the book.

Like I mention in the past I been stuck in the 180's and sometimes I feel like my body is getting used to the way I been eating for the past 6 months. I eat about 90-95% of the times good. Still no simple carbs and very limited fruit. Maybe if I changed the eating my body will be shocked and I start losing again.

The book focus on eating per day 1lb of vegetables, unlimited fruit, raw nuts ( I think it mention 2oz) and only 1-2 tablespoon of fat (olive oil), 6-8 oz. of meat Protein and 3-4 oz of vegetable protein (or all protein could be from vegetable protein example: any type of beans). No dairy, no grains, no artificial sweeteners, and no processed foods (no protein shakes).

The only thing I see that will really change the way I been eating is the dairy and artificial sweetener cause I drink fairlife milk with my coffee and I also use splenda, crystal light, and greek yogurt. I do really good on vegetables and I love fruits ( I really missed them).

I really think I will do this for 2 weeks and see what difference I see in my weight loss. Actually, I am sure I will do the changes, I will start this coming Monday and I will post updates for the next two weeks.

Edited by Rdsegobia

Today I start with the a pound of cure. I got everything prepared this morning and I don't think I have ever ate as clean as this prep food. I checked my Protein to see how much I will consume during the day and per my fitness pal is 64oz of protein and 1054 calories. This morning I weighed myself and I was 184lbs, so here it goes no dairy, no grains, no processed food and no artificial sweeteners. post-260556-14567547024425_thumb.jpg

Lorri716 hope you get to 179lbs just thinking of the 179 makes me excited!! I been sticking to the plan and feel so good. This morning my weight was 180 lbs!!!

I'm just checking in a giving my 1 week follow up after I started A Pound of Cure. It has been going very well, I started at 184 lbs this past Monday and today I weigh 177.2 lbs! I been following the rules exactly how it is on the book. Eating at least 1 lb of vegetables, 2 oz raw nuts, 6-8 oz of meat or eggs, 1/2 cups of legumes and best part unlimited fruit and I mean unlimited. What had been the hardest while doing this:

1. My coffee with fairly easy milk and Splenda. I missed it really bad for the 1st three days. I could have coffee with almond milk, but I don't like it when is not sweet so I haven't had any.

2. My Greek yogurt with crystal light, unable to eat it cause the dairy and artificial sweeteners.

3. Finding time to drink Water in between. I feel like I'm constantly eating.

And the great part about it:

1. Unlimited fruit!!! All of it doesn't matter which one

2. It feels really good to know that I'm eating very healthy nothing processed.

Well that's about it going on my second week and I will give you guys a follow up after the 2nd week.

Edited by Rdsegobia

Lorri716 hope you get to 179lbs just thinking of the 179 makes me excited!! I been sticking to the plan and feel so good. This morning my weight was 180 lbs!!!

Well I didn't make it to 179. Hopefully this week I will. I'll be more strict while at work. The weekends have done me in as we are working hard to get our house ready to get on the market. Sat and sun all day I had no stove so it was miserable eating for 2 days. Last night was the first I could cook. This weekend will be better as I'll be in control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

I'm just checking in a giving my 1 week follow up after I started A Pound of Cure. It has been going very well, I started at 184 lbs this past Monday and today I weigh 177.2 lbs! I been following the rules exactly how it is on the book. Eating at least 1 lb of vegetables, 2 oz raw nuts, 6-8 oz of meat or eggs, 1/2 cups of legumes and best part unlimited fruit and I mean unlimited. What had been the hardest while doing this:

1. My coffee with fairly easy milk and Splenda. I missed it really bad for the 1st three days. I could have coffee with almond milk, but I don't like it when is not sweet so I haven't had any.

2. My Greek yogurt with crystal light, unable to eat it cause the dairy and artificial sweeteners.

3. Finding time to drink Water in between. I feel like I'm constantly eating.

And the great part about it:

1. Unlimited fruit!!! All of it doesn't matter which one

2. It feels really good to know that I'm eating very healthy nothing processed.

Well that's about it going on my second week and I will give you guys a follow up after the 2nd week.

I've never heard of this diet. I'm so happy for you. 177 is amazing. Keep up the good work.

Very disappointed in myself. I've been off the wagon since fri night and now I'm up to 184 from 182. I know what I need to do. Just can't believe I let myself gain 2 pounds. No more carbs or ice cream for me. They are the devil. Hope all is well.

Very disappointed in myself. I've been off the wagon since fri night and now I'm up to 184 from 182. I know what I need to do. Just can't believe I let myself gain 2 pounds. No more carbs or ice cream for me. They are the devil. Hope all is well.

Lorri716 this was happening to me in the month of January and February, I would lose 2 pounds then gain them back. It could be very frustrating, however just keep doing what has worked for you and you will start seeing the weight to go down. Like I mention before, I feel like the 180's was the hardest to lose.