Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! RE: psych eval ????

If any of you remember a little while ago I was calling and calling to get into the clinic to do my eval. FINALLY got an appt and they cancelled on me due to a family emergency. Well I called and rescheduled and had an appt set for this month and they call to tell me they don't do bariatric surgery evals. Uhhhhm? So I've been wasting all this time?? I end up frustrated and call the other place near me that does them (on my bariatric sheet it lists all providers who do them in the region) and they apparently "aren't doing those at the moment". Today I got a hold of a place 2hrs away and they can't get me in till January 11th. My 6th visit is December and my surgery was suppose to be in January. They put me on the cancellation list to call me if there's an opening but that'll be highly unlikely due to it being 2hrs away when I work and need to give 48hr notice for time off.

Will this file up everything?? I'm in panic mode ????????????????

I'm surprised your Dr. office didn't set this up for you. St. V's set all my appts. for everything.

I am so sorry to hear about the delays.

I have seen some folks post about getting an online evaluation. You might want to search the site and see what you can find.

I hope you are able to get this taken care of soon.

I had to do all my appt scheduling except the sleep study. I'll have to do some research online. Thank you for the heads up! I see my Dr next week so I'm gonna tell him about all this and see what I can do. In the mean time, I'm researching it now.

Are you going through health insurance for the eval? My insurance provider search options actually let you search for psych familiar with bariatric counseling. Maybe yours has something similar?

I wonder if you could do a phone (even Skype?) meeting; that way distance wouldn't be an issue and you could just use whoever is free first.

Edited by mrs kaje

I used www.bariatricpsychevaluations.com

Super easy....you go to their site, fill out the application giving them your insurance info and answer a questionnaire. Pick a time and date for your eval (phone call).

They will contact you and let you know if your insurance covers your eval or if you need to pay out of pocket. OOP is a flat $100 fee.

Then they call you on your scheduled date/time to complete your eval.

Uber simple and I even did my eval at 8pm !

Good luck!

Edited by Nurse_Lenora

This same thing happened to me! The front desk people very rudely told me that the doc didn't do psych evals but when I had talked to the actual doctor a month before he said it would be no problem. I called and left a message with the nurse who does medication refills and she was able to personally ask the doc and he said he does.

AWESOME!! I'll do it today

I am wondering how it went? DId all go well!? Thinking of you! Let us know!

There's a provider that my surgeons office typically uses so imma go with that one

Hi! I was actually at an appt today when I checked this. I haven't had internet at home. They fixed it last night and I set up my psych eval for Dec 11th. My insurance doesn't cover it so it'll be $100 but that's not a big deal. Today was visit #5 so next month is my surgical clearance appt! ???????????????? btw I must say my doctor was quite happy I only gained a half of a pound since we just had thanksgiving ????

Your doing great @@glitterpockets! I gained 5!!! I have till the 22nd to lose it well actually the 18th plus I need to get with it and not gain again! Congrats on only 1/2 a lb and good luck with the psyc eval, mine is the 22nd.

Your doing great @@glitterpockets! I gained 5!!! I have till the 22nd to lose it well actually the 18th plus I need to get with it and not gain again! Congrats on only 1/2 a lb and good luck with the psyc eval, mine is the 22nd.

I'm kinda nervous about the psych eval. Idk what to say and what not to say. I'm on the fence over the whole thing. I guess just be honest and we'll see what happens.