Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser options orientation So-Cal

Hi! Dr. Tanaka and I have know each other over a year now, he did a few adjustments with my band then we finally decided to take it out and bypass. He took my band out at the end of October and I hope to have a bypass date in march! Love Tanaka!

Isn't he the greatest! I go in a couple of weeks for my 6 month check-in.

Congrats!

Hey guys I will be going to the corona office and I start my options class in February. I hope it goes by fast! How's it coming along for you guys?

@@morenita2013 This will be my 3rd Options class this week in Los Angeles. It's going okay. The only thing is that they say they want you to lose 10% of your weight by the time of surgery but then the dietician says don't make all of the changes at once. Take it slowly. I'm like which one! It will take me a long time to lose 10% as I started at 315. So that's 31lbs in 12 weeks+.

I think the classes are helpful but a bit overwhelming at the same time. The changes are pretty drastic to what I'm used to. However, I'm really excited to move forward with everything. I really hope that the wait for surgery isn't too long.

Which surgery are you having? I'm thinking sleeve but not 100%. I really wanted DS but Kaiser doesn't offer it.

Hi, congratulations on being in the process for your surgery. Take it one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. I suggest that you choose one thing to focus on per week and add another thing the next week. It takes about a month to make something a habit. It helps to build on your momentum focusing on one thing at a time for a week. For example drinking a glass of Water before you eat. Or if you have a lot of soda maybe cut down one soda per day until you completely stop drinking soda. Make a list of all the things that you want to change and choose one from that list to focus on each week. I look forward to hearing your progress.

Wow that's fast!! A baby 4 days ago and a WL surgery potentially 4 months after.

Hey guys I will be going to the corona office and I start my options class in February. I hope it goes by fast! How's it coming along for you guys?

>Tell me how it goes today and what they say! Do you know how booked the actual 12 week class is over there? Or when it starts for Baldwin Park?

I have my orientation today at kaiser in Baldwin park ... I'm so nervous and excited

@@morenita2013 how did it go? I got my surgery through Kaiser (although in different state) and have loved working with them. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone! I'm excited for all of you. I just had my baby 4 days ago. Looking forward to life changing choices. I'm hoping to start the options classes in February. My birthday is on the 18th so... I can't wait to see what happens this year. How is everyone doing in their class? I'm going to the Fontana Kaiser.

Hi, just an update. I'm no longer in the options classes after having taken the first 3. When I saw the Dr for the first meet and greet he said I should not have been allowed to start the process at all. Now I've been very depressed because I no longer qualify.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using the BariatricPal App

I finished the Options class in Ventura in March. I have my surgery set for 5/3. I really enjoyed the classes they give you lots of good info and I've made some new friends. Since classes ended a few of us still meet and walk together.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@BevieMonster I also have my surgery 5/3! We can be surgery buddies! How was your surgery consultation....did you surgeon talk to you about diet and stuff? Mine was super quick and didn't say much.

Hey a surgery buddy!! We had a 12 week series of classes through Kaiser that went over diet and stuff. My consult with the surgeon was mostly about what to expect. I have a 3 hour pre op appt/class with his nurse on Monday to go over the booklet he gave me that covers the diet.

I did the same 12 week class. He didn't really explain the process. I know I have a preop appointment in 1 week. And I didn't get a booklet on the diet or anything. I wonder if during my preop appointment I can discuss what kind of pain meds I'm allowed and what to do about my meds while I'm recovering. I also want to ask for a anxiety cocktail for before surgery and after.

I can get severe anxiety and I usually take ativan but I know we can't take anything orally the day of the surgery. I wasn't aware the preop appointment would take so long either. Good to know!

I'm nervous and excited! Who is your surgeon?

I am going to Dr Billy in Ventura. The other option was to go to the west LA facility but that's about a 1.5 hour drive in moderate traffic so I chose to stay local.

I'm excited then I get really nervous. I too am hoping for something for anxiety that morning.

Anybody go through Kaiser in Irvine??

Hi lala,

I'm in Kaiser Orange County (generally utilize Kaiser hospital in Irvine), however they do our surgery's out of Kaiser Harbor City. I'm currently in the Options Program. I just completed class 7 out of 12. The classes are held in Orange near Crystal Cathedral. So far I've liked Kaiser. Lots of education! I've had all my labs completed and met with the therapist. So far all is going well. :)