Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser options orientation So-Cal

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, MG1776 said:

@lala777o1I am scheduled for 10/16. I did the pre-registration today, have a final nutrition class on Wednesday, meeting with the surgeon Thursday, and then they'll call on Saturday to give me the arrival time. Nervous and excited and a bunch of other emotions.

How did your surgery go??!!!!

The surgery itself went well. The day of surgery and yesterday I was light headed or dizzy every time I stood up or sat on the edge of the bed. That started to wear off over time and last night I was finally able to move around, use the bathroom on my own, etc. I haven’t taken pain meds since the day of surgery. All in all, I feel pretty good, stomach muscles are just a little sore now

Hi All, I am new to this so bare with me. I have gone through my labs YAH!! I had my consult and approval from the Doctor down here at Kaiser San Diego. Had it last week 10/10. I still have not heard of when I can star the 24 weeks of classes. Impatient right now. I just want to get it started.

I have read some of your stories and advice. It helps me stay focused and pointed in the right direction. To know that there are so many people out there going through or have gone through the same thing I am about to go through.

Any advice is welcome.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:00 AM, MG1776 said:

The surgery itself went well. The day of surgery and yesterday I was light headed or dizzy every time I stood up or sat on the edge of the bed. That started to wear off over time and last night I was finally able to move around, use the bathroom on my own, etc. I haven’t taken pain meds since the day of surgery. All in all, I feel pretty good, stomach muscles are just a little sore now

Thats great!!! Im glad you are feeling better and are up and moving around!!!! keep us updated!!!

21 hours ago, Hanna71500 said:

Hi All, I am new to this so bare with me. I have gone through my labs YAH!! I had my consult and approval from the Doctor down here at Kaiser San Diego. Had it last week 10/10. I still have not heard of when I can star the 24 weeks of classes. Impatient right now. I just want to get it started.

I have read some of your stories and advice. It helps me stay focused and pointed in the right direction. To know that there are so many people out there going through or have gone through the same thing I am about to go through.

Any advice is welcome.

Welcome Hanna,

Have you tried calling Kaiser and asking them whats the status? I know a few people have had to call kaiser and try to see whats going on.

On 1/18/2016 at 9:56 AM, Soexcited said:

Hi kaiser family! Im in San Diego and here we have 6 months of mandatory Options classes. I'm at the end now only 5 classes left Aleluya!!!!!!!! Finally light at the end of the tunnel!!!! I know my sergon and will be ready to go soon!

I thought I’d chime back in 😃 I survived my 6 months of Options classes and had my bypass surgery on March 7th 2016! It was a hard surgery for sure but I lost all my weight! Right now I feel nervous because I’ve gained back 10lbs it’s easy to slip into old habits once you’ve healed so really take advantage of the honeymoon!!!! I still feel fabulous and wore my size 10 jeans today with joy! I’ll get my 10 back off, best thing I ever did! Thank you Kaiser!! Great program!!!

1 hour ago, Soexcited said:

I thought I’d chime back in 😃 I survived my 6 months of Options classes and had my bypass surgery on March 7th 2016! It was a hard surgery for sure but I lost all my weight! Right now I feel nervous because I’ve gained back 10lbs it’s easy to slip into old habits once you’ve healed so really take advantage of the honeymoon!!!! I still feel fabulous and wore my size 10 jeans today with joy! I’ll get my 10 back off, best thing I ever did! Thank you Kaiser!! Great program!!!

I'm glad you've had success! I hope you're able to drop those 10 in no time :)

It sounds weird, but thanks for putting your sizes in your signature. I'm a 48D and I like that size (well, cup anyway); I'm terrified of losing my boobs! haha You've given me hope.

Oh my gosh I forgot I even have my sizes in my signature! I should check it and make sure it’s still current! I can’t see it when I’m on the app, wonder why? Glad it helped you [emoji108]

Had my sleeve one week ago today and feel great. Each day is getting better. I have no problems getting my fluids in, and mixing up my full fluids to keep it interesting with creamed Soups, yogurt, etc. Protein Shakes are getting easier to tolerate each day as well. On day of surgery, I was 283.1, and this morning I was 266.6! Looking forward to continuing the journey

Had my sleeve one week ago today and feel great. Each day is getting better. I have no problems getting my fluids in, and mixing up my full fluids to keep it interesting with creamed Soups, yogurt, etc. Protein Shakes are getting easier to tolerate each day as well. On day of surgery, I was 283.1, and this morning I was 266.6! Looking forward to continuing the journey

Congrats I'm 4 days post op and I feel great too I'm able to get all my liquids in too I started the 2 shakes a day plus the Clear Liquids today I'm down 3lbs since surgery which was the 19th.. told myself I will not weigh myself until my doctors follow up and then only once a month...

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, MG1776 said:

Ive heard each day gets easier and easier so i will have to remind myself of that! Congrats on your weight loss!!!

2 weeks post op and feeling good, dr zane at harbor city has been doing sleeve since the start and is a great surgeon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, boatnam1 said:

2 weeks post op and feeling good, dr zane at harbor city has been doing sleeve since the start and is a great surgeon.

Im hoping to get Dr Zane. Was he strict with your 10% weight loss?

Im hoping to get Dr Zane. Was he strict with your 10% weight loss?
Not too bad, i had 2 months between class ending and surgery, he is very cool and a pioneer of the sleeve.

I was denied due to recreational drinking and mmj being on my medical record. Has anyone had any success with appealing the process? I was never given an opportunity to appeal officially, either, so if anyone knows who I can call that’d be great.

I’ve gained an additional 15 pounds since I was denied. My body is in an awful state. My mental health isn’t much better (the news was pretty devastating).

I’ve got another appointment with my doctor in hopes that I can try to talk to her. All I received was a call from her nurse telling me I was denied entry to Options. They told me I have to wait a year for sobriety despite the fact that I am not a heavy drinker nor a heavy pot smoker. I would quit both alcohol and pot cold turkey if I had to - they have no real significance for me.

At this rate I am considering paying entirely out of pocket. I’ve never been so disappointed with my insurance before.

I am so miserable. Only 25 pounds off 300 lbs which is the heaviest I’ve ever been. I am so afraid. :(

Edited by echu