Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Sleeved Couples out there?

Wondering how many couples both have the sleeve?

If so, how far apart were your surgeries?

If not a significant other, then with any family or friends?

My wife and I both were recently sleeved, she had hers in September and I went in October....we decided to go on the journey together and don't have one regret. We also find that we keep each other accountable as well as being each other's support system.

Not yet, but my husband and I are planning on doing it together. I am looking at roughly Jan-Feb surgery date and he is probably a month or two behind me.

Edited by walkinggirl

My wife and I just had sleeve surgery together 1 week ago. It's a little difficult getting anything done around the house but I'm glad we're going through the same thing together. Thankfully our parents were able to help out for the first week.

My wife and I both were recently sleeved, she had hers in September and I went in October....we decided to go on the journey together and don't have one regret. We also find that we keep each other accountable as well as being each other's support system.

Not yet, but my husband and I are planning on doing it together. I am looking at roughly Jan-Feb sugary date and he is probably a month or two behind me.

My wife and I just had sleeve surgery together 1 week ago. It's a little difficult getting anything done around the house but I'm glad we're going through the same thing together. Thankfully our parents were able to help out for the first week.

That's awesome that all of you guys are doing it together!!! Good luck to you!!!

My wife and I will both be having the sleeve surgery as well. I am this Friday and she is in December. So excited to start this journey together!!

My wife and I are about six years apart, her having a DS (which is a sleeve, plus) ten and a half years ago and I had the VSG four and a half years ago (it takes me a while on some things.....)

My husband and I are 10 months apart. He was sleeved first. It's working so well for us, wish I could have made it happen sooner.

My boyfriend and I are both starting this journey together. I should be sleeved in February and him maybe a month or so later. We both can't wait for this change.

My daughter and I both have had the sleeve done. I was Sept 1 and she was Oct 20. She still lives at home with me so it's a great support for both of us.

Wife and I are in the process now, still have about 3 months to go. Her best friend is doing it as well. I am ready for it to hurry up and get here, also can't wait for lake and beach weather. We love outdoors but it will awesome to not be as sweaty and swampy after 3 minutes.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Wondering how many couples both have the sleeve?

If so, how far apart were your surgeries?

If not a significant other, then with any family or friends?

My husband and I are going on this journey together! Both of us just had our last NUT appointment this past week. Paperwork has been submitted to insurance and now we wait....... Hoping to both have procedure done in late June.....probably a week apart. Both of us are soooooo excited!!!

Sent from my Z936L using the BariatricPal App

My husband and I had our surgeries a month apart. Allowed me to take care of the kids while he healed and vice versa. Having a built in support system has been nice. My mom is now in the early stages of her journey.

My boyfriend and I were sleeved on the same day (17/5) and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are both experiencing the same struggles and successes at the same rate.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App