Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recovery time for arm lift with breast lift?

Hello,

I am planning on doing a combined surgery of a breast lift (with implant) and also an arm lift. Has anyone done both surgeries combined?

If so, how long did you take off from work to recover from surgery? Did you need like two weeks or more like three?

If you can share your experience, that would be great.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bluedreams86

@@bluedreams86, I have not had surgery yet, but had my consultation last week and am scheduled for December 28th. The ladies in the office said both procedures have a very short recovery time and if I were to have it done on a Thursday or Friday, could return to work Monday. I chose to take a few more days than they recommended and booked mine on a Monday and will return to work the following Monday (Jan 4) , so I am taking a week off. They said the wraps will remain on until my post op appointment which is not until Jan 5, so I am not sure how that will go and what I will wear to work those two days, but I'll figure it out. When are your procedures scheduled?

I had those two and a Tummy Tuck all together. I was back to normal activities at two weeks but Moving kinda slowly. Most of it was the tummy tuck though.

Others have had different experience though. Hopefully you will get a wide response and get an idea, everyone is different.

For reference I was back to normal a week after WLS.

@@jess9395 Do you have pictures to share?!! I want all of those too.....well I'm worried about arm scars so I'm not sure on that but the rest! Did you have a good Dr? Are you happy with the results? Was it crazy expensive? I'm I being nosey!? Probably but I'm getting excited!!!

I am thrilled with my results and my doc. It wasn't cheap, LOL. $23k for the lot. I will see if I can post pix tomorrow.

@@jess9395 Well that's not as bad as I thought it would be!! That's doable! Until I can affirmatively decide on arms I'm all in for the TT, lift and implants for sure!

I had both of those procedures, but not at the same time, and combined with other, bigger procedures, so it's hard to judge how they would have been if done together.

My arms didn't actually hurt that much, but they were very tight, and I remember not being able to feed myself for a day or two because they were swollen and I felt like they were going to split. I kept them up on pillows for a few days. I think I would have needed about 2 weeks to recover from that, since I'm at a desk all day. I love, love, love my arms! It was worth every dollar and any discomfort!

I had the breast lift/augmentation done a few months later, and it wasn't too uncomfortable. I did need pain medication, and I had "morning boob", meaning when I would sit upright for the first time each day, I could really feel that muscle stretching. Anyway, I probably would have needed about a week off for just that procedure. I am also thrilled with my new big fake boobs!

;)

@@MichiganChic, can you share or PM me some details about your starting size, how many CC's you added and your ending size? I am really struggling with that and it's stressing me out. I am an A/B right now. I "think" I am going to have around 400 CC's added, but do not want to be larger that a solid C (but dont want to wish I would have gone larger) and still want to be able to run and have them not get in the way. I was referred to the website realself.com and it has been so helpful, but I am so indecisive, it has consumed my life, that's all I think about and I only have six weeks to make the big decision :-)

@@MichiganChic, can you share or PM me some details about your starting size, how many CC's you added and your ending size? I am really struggling with that and it's stressing me out. I am an A/B right now. I "think" I am going to have around 400 CC's added, but do not want to be larger that a solid C (but dont want to wish I would have gone larger) and still want to be able to run and have them not get in the way. I was referred to the website realself.com and it has been so helpful, but I am so indecisive, it has consumed my life, that's all I think about and I only have six weeks to make the big decision :-)

Beware cc size of implants doesn't equate to any cup size and they can't guarantee cup size. Also depends on your band size. I'm sure you've heard all those statistics about people wearing the wrong size bra--often if you go down in band size to the true size you should be wearing (so the band stays low and snug and doesn't ride up at all) your cup size will be much bigger than you think it should be. I had very little tissue left and only had 300cc implants and am a 32 DDD. When I was my lightest before I thought I wore a 36 band size and now I think I was wearing the wrong size back then. If I currently put on a 36" band I would wear about a C/D cup. In a 32 I wear a DDD. Same size boobs just different band size. And I run just fine with them...20+ miles a week lots of half marathons and one full.

My pics are actiLly up on my docs website and though I don't want to share those publicly attached to my name if any regulars want to see them PM me. I will try to take some safer ones and share.

Eloide I will PM you

Before surgery I was in a heavily padded 36D from Victoria secret. It was seriously just padding, lol. I wanted the surgery to make me roughly that size. I ended up being a 36DD in the same bra.

I had very little breast tissue left, and I imagine if I had gotten just a lift, I would have been an A cup. I have wide breasts, which takes up a lot of the cc in the implant. I have 400 cc mentor moderate plus implants. They do look right naked and in clothes for my frame. I very much understand your dilemma, and I was also consumed! I posted a similar question here, too. I also didn't want to end up wishing I had gone larger, because the surgeon and PA told me no patient had ever said they wished they had gone smaller - they all wanted to be bigger.

The actual cup size is a little irrelevant because it depends on the manufacturer. I showed my surgeon pictures of the size I wanted to be, and also the bra. I didn't want to have to get bigger clothes to fit my boobs! Once in a while I run across an article of clothing that's too snug across the bust, but mostly, things seem to be proportionate. They do not get in my way at all, though sleeping with them did take some getting used to.

In the end, I had to trust my surgeon to do a good job, based on my requirements. I wanted to look proportionate and natural (though not sure any 53 year old who nursed three kids would have these great looking boobs naturally! ;) )

Damn, you guys are really making me think about plastics!

Damn, you guys are really making me think about plastics!

You know you want to!! Peer pressure!

I had both my arms and breast done (no bags) - It was 2 weeks at least before I was feeling kinda normal. I had compression sleeves on for a while that felt like life support. Now I am totally fine and would do it again in a heart beat.. It changed the way my body looked sooo much I finally did not feel like I was wearing a skin suit!

PIC in my profile