Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why not mix protein powder with water?

Word of advice...dont mix chocolate Protein powder with hot Water...you wont get hot cocoa LOL

Christine99, I too have ending up with disgusting lumpy "Hot Chocolate"!! I use 6 oz. of hot Water PLUS 2 ICE CUBES..stir until the ice is melted.. Mix the Protein power in the "cooled" water, and once mixed, top off with another 6 ounces of hot water. It keeps the Protein Powder from coagulating. You have to mix it well in warm water/coffee first then top it off with hot water. I put vanilla powder in black Decaf coffee and chocolate power in sugar free hot chocolate this way and it works.

Edited by Bobbis

There are some weight loss Protein shakes that you do actually mix with milk, and not Water.

It really depends what brand you chose. Optifast is Water only as it contains milk in the powder.

However, a brand like Celebrity Slim that requires milk tastes really disgusting with water.

While your'e in the liquid stage, I would also include any liquid in your total water intake. It's only when you get into the puree stage that these should be counted separately, I think.

Edited by curvybritt

I always mix mine with Water as well. I may add a bit of greek yogurt, but that's it. Milk was more carbs than Protein and simply not worth it. Especially since I don't drink cow's milk.

Word of advice...dont mix chocolate Protein powder with hot Water...you wont get hot cocoa LOL

Christine99, I too have ending up with disgusting lumpy "Hot Chocolate"!! I use 6 oz. of hot Water PLUS 2 ICE CUBES..stir until the ice is melted.. Mix the Protein power in the "cooled" water, and once mixed, top off with another 6 ounces of hot water. It keeps the protein powder from coagulating. You have to mix it well in warm water/coffee first then top it off with hot water. I put vanilla powder in black Decaf coffee and chocolate power in sugar free hot chocolate this way and it works.

I will take your word for it LOL

Anytime I mix Protein powder with a hot beverage or Soup I always dissolve the powder into a small portion of warm Water first. Once dissolved then add the hot and you shouldn't have any lumps. Dumping or pouring and entire scoop into hot things causes the protein to seize up into and unpleasant lump.

I tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate splendor with milk and ICK. did not like it AT ALL. lol. I'm picky with chocolate though. I'll be doing the vanilla tomorrow. I don't handle dairy very well at all so this is a great thread. The dairy located in the Protein is enough to make me sick as it is.

Has anyone tried Unjury with Water?

@ - just remember mixing with milk ups the carbs, calories, fat, etc. I don't particularly like it in Water. I mix with some greek yogurt (and ice/water) to give it a flavor and to get rid of the chalkiness that I seem to taste in just water.

Some mix with almond milk, cashew milk, soy or farmlife.

i mix mine with 1% milk

I tried the unjury chocolate splendor with milk and ICK. did not like it AT ALL. lol. I'm picky with chocolate though. I'll be doing the vanilla tomorrow. I don't handle dairy very well at all so this is a great thread. The dairy located in the Protein is enough to make me sick as it is.

Has anyone tried Unjury with Water?

I really like the strawberry sherbet with Water and ice!

I prefer the chocolate ones with skim fair life milk, and the vanilla is good either way (water or milk)

I started mixing my unflavored Protein powder with my morning coffee and it was a game changer! I'm not a morning person and had a hard time eating anything first thing in the morning. This gives me the caffeine kick I need and 27g of Protein for the start of my day! = brilliant!

I started mixing my unflavored Protein powder with my morning coffee and it was a game changer! I'm not a morning person and had a hard time eating anything first thing in the morning. This gives me the caffeine kick I need and 27g of protein for the start of my day! = brilliant!

How soon after surgery were you able to drink coffee?

I started mixing my unflavored Protein powder with my morning coffee and it was a game changer! I'm not a morning person and had a hard time eating anything first thing in the morning. This gives me the caffeine kick I need and 27g of Protein for the start of my day! = brilliant!

How soon after surgery were you able to drink coffee?

week 7. I drink it waaay weaker than I use to but the 'comfort' is the same :-)

Has anyone tried isagenix? They produce a caffeine type of drink for energy called an Eshot.. It would be great to be able to stay on isagenix after my surgery..