Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday can't come fast enough

Getting my first fill on Friday after nearly three years banded. It can't come soon enough. I seem to be able to make good choices one day and then the next, I'm not. I went back for a handful of pretzels three...no...four times last night. I couldn't stop myself. So for punishment, I got on the scale this morning and saw that I was above 125. I swore I'd never put the weight back on but it's now more than 12 pounds from my lowest.

I'm learning such a good lesson over this struggle to keep the weight off. I will always have the disease of obesity. I may have it under control at times, but I'll never be free of it. If my band isn't working, I'm going to put the weight back on. Simple as that.

I've seen plenty of people post about running into trouble at some point but stupidly felt that I would somehow be immune as my head is/was so in the game. It's hard to admit I'm not Superwoman and I struggle like everyone else when my tool is not working the way it should. If I ever find myself having to remove the band, I won't hesitate to revise the surgery to another procedure.

I won't fool myself into thinking I'm doing this on my own because I'm not. I told my sister on Sunday that I am gaining weight back because I need a fill. She is obese and I'm hoping she comes to the realization that WLS might help her as well. She has maintained that my success is about what's in my head, and not around my stomach and that I lost all that weight because I was in the right frame of mind. I'm hoping this shows her that it's not my will power alone that helped me but a combination of making good choices, along with a tool to tamp down the hunger so I could make those good choices.

So...today is a new day and again I make the pledge to make the right choices. Here's hoping I can stick to it.

Liz so happy you posted this. Everyone who hasn't had the struggle with obesity seems to think it's all mind over matter. I know that without my band I would still eat too much and would be back to my former overweight obese self in no time. The fill itself will not cure the mental problems but it gives you control and a good deal of self confidence. I went to my surgeon on Monday, thought I might need a small fill but he decided to wait a little bit because my emotions are not good since losing my husband last month. My surgeon is a very wise man and a compassionate man, I won the lottery when I found him. I am getting back on my eating plan so I won't slip back into my former bad habits. You have been successful but seem to realize the pitfalls of thinking you can do it alone. Best of luck, the fill process by the way is nothing to worry about. Take Care

I love how wise you are. I love how honest and self-aware you are. I can't wait until your fill, too, and to read that you are back down the scale to your former weight. I have no doubts this will be the case.

Thanks for this thread.

I'm going along swimmingly for years and years... Thinking I got this nailed!

Empty the band for 8 months and good habits stayed good for months

And then just the freedom to have a huge salad... Cobb....With dressing of course ....several I might mention

And many good food items I haven't been able to enjoy.... For years...And you all know the outcome.

8 lbs up when I went for a fill .... Not enough of one...

The burrito went down nicely...

I called for another fill right away

I do have faith that I know the right path. I just need my helper !!!!!

Soon.

Back to my regimen.

I hope I "got" this

My exercise has been spot on, but I believe the pounds are in the kitchen!

I truly need my lapband

It's like a weopon in the fight against the Appetite Monster. I could not do this bare-handed. Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

It's like a weopon in the fight against the Appetite Monster. I could not do this bare-handed. Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Thank you sweetie!

You got this Liz!