Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uncomfortable running

So I have been speed walking three miles a day for the past few weeks. Today I decided to jog. It was not hard and I could do it just fine unlike before. HOWEVER my loose skin and the fat left in my stomach and thighs is bouncing so bad if feels like a weight pulling me down. Is there anything that you can recommend to stop this from happening?

Thank you!

Agreed. I use compression yogas pants and tops. Also invest in one or 2 good sports bras. I actualy like Lane Bryants from the Ava Viz line. I just buy them when they go on sale. Enell is another excellent brand of sport bras.

@@OKCPirate I am having this issue too. I can run a 10K now, but everything jiggles like mad (I would be OK with it if just the act of shaking up and down was causing it to disappear but I know that's not the case, despite some crazy claims). Do you know of any of these items that are meant for guys?

The bests solution is to wear tight clothing and a good sports bra. I remember after plastics how different it felt to run without my extra stomach flab, although I don't remember noticing it much before I had surgery- probably because I always ran in compression pants because it helped minimize any chafing.

@ - these are my favorite running shorts (compression brief build in) http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/9-phenom-2-in-1-running-shorts/pid-10294033/pgid-10967863, and I like the NB shirts:  http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Compression-Crew-Shirt/dp/B008J36G1C

Lots of options, they also make you look like a stud

How soon after surgery did you start running? I am only 5 weeks post op, but ran prior to surgery and am missing it. Hoping to be able to run soon.

How soon after surgery did you start running? I am only 5 weeks post op, but ran prior to surgery and am missing it. Hoping to be able to run soon.

After my 2 week check up I had no restrictions. Check with your doctor but I'm pretty sure you should be good to run.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!