Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the hospital- need good vibes

Hey guys.

My kidney function tanked due to a severe infection. I'm afraid my surgery has been postponed to some far off future date.

I. Am. So. Disappointed.

I need good healing vibes not only for my physical ailments but for my emotional well being as well.

I feel worthless. I feel like a burden to my employer. I've had to take off so much work for the prerequisites and now I'm off for who knows how long.

My husband is fed up with me. I can tell. I've never heard him sigh so much in the almost 5 hours we were in the ER. He had to take off work too.

My mom is possibly facing a cancer diagnosis and wants to postpone her tests and Drs appointments. I keep telling her not to. That I'm being taken care of.

Thanks for listening.

I am very, very sorry that you are having to endure yet another blow like this.

I can imagine it just beats you down further.

Feeling like crap....over and over has a way of chipping away at our spirits. I get it.

You already know what you have to do......embrace the treatment and do everything within your power to heal up....follow all their instructions to the letter and make some progress.

You will come out of this and get your feet planted squarely on the ground and then be ready for the next step.

Use this as extra motivation to get healthy......recover from this.....follow the plan......reach your surgery date.......follow the plan......recover......and then PROFIT from feeling better and better every day.

You will progress much quicker by being upbeat and KNOW that you are going to heal up from this. Follow the medical advice your caregivers are providing and hold yourself accountable to getting better.

Don't be a victim but take charge of you condition. Will yourself to get better.

Get there one small step at a time even though it's going to take tremendous effort to get there.

Be in total control of the things you can be in control off......don't waste valuable energy on fretting over the stuff that is out of your control.

Thanks Dub.

I know I need to stay positive to get better.

On a scale of 1 to death, I feel like I'm dying lol.

Please try not to let this keep you down. Better to deal with the kidney now rather than it cause complications post op. Hubby may be frustrated at the entire situation, not you personally. 5 hours in an ER will try the best of us. Please encourage mom to get her possible cancer situation taken care of ASAP. As an 11 year survivor I can tell you that many cancers can be cured if they are caught early and dealt with. Time is a valuable tool in battling the big C. Don't let her waste hers.

Hang in there. Get this resolved and then move forward.

Thanks Dub.

I know I need to stay positive to get better.

On a scale of 1 to death, I feel like I'm dying lol.

I hear you. I know it sucks right now. No other way to put it.

But......you aren't dead....which means you've got control over something....even if it's something small.

Impose your will over the things you can control and dig your way back. One step at the time.

Dealing with this will make that pre-op diet seem like a non-event that you'll take in stride......make easy work of it.

Get healthy and get to.....and past your surgery and you'll feel like you are in the drivers seat in so many ways.

That's the quickest way to ultimately get healthy and your employment fears will subside.

I know it's easy for me to say all this......you're the one whose weak and feeling poorly.....and the one that has to rally. :D

So sorry to hear this! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Hey, T, first, the healing vibes, if I can guess at how to spell them....

WoooO-OoooH-ShwoooO-WheeeSH-AaaaaH!

You're feeling so sensitive, disappointed and helpless around the edges, so you're thinking that somehow you deserve it all. You are so way, far off base. This infection just landed in your lap. In no way are you a burden to your employer -- that's what health insurance is for. I think it's safe to say that your husband isn't fed up. He's concerned. Waiting time in emergency room's is always notoriously endless, so sighing is a sign of frustration and boredom from hours of having no control over the situation and nothing to do. Your mother, well, she just loves you, maybe just because you're lovable, yes?

Sending vibes your way please get your mom into treatment asap my mom died of cancer and even after 16 years it is still painful knowing she isn't here so please make her go

@@Tssiemer1 - focus on yourself getting healthier and make sure mom gets to the doctor as well - hubby is just probably stressing in his own way. It is a lot to deal with for everyone involved :D

You are all in my prayers (including hubby)

Oh sweetie, you are certainly not worthless. You didn't make this happen. That's why they call them emergencies. Hang in there and concentrate on feeling better. Let the rest of the world take care of itself for a little bit and worry about yourself.

You deserve to be healthy and happy, just like anyone else. Get some rest. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Hey I have question for I went to my nut yesterday she told me I can started on soft food so I tried. Egg oh man I regret it . It got stuck what did I do wrong ? It took 4 hrs for it to go down now I am scared to eat anything I think I am just going to stick to liquids

I guess some people just can't tolerate some stuff at times.

That's guys. I'm actually back home now and feeling a little better. :)

Hang in there!! I can so relate! Ended up in hospital two weeks before surgery and it's been postponed 3 months. I'm using that time as many here have suggested to break some habits, get use to a new way of eating and work on the "head" part of this. My new pre-op is in two weeks and surgery in six. I thought it would ever happen but it's getting closer every day!! The same will happen for you! Sending good thoughts and prayers for you!!

Amazing words Dub :D

Tssiemer1 sorry your going through so much right now- hope everything starts looking up for you, Wishing You The Best :)just make sure you Get your heath under control before you jump into the weightloss surgery and make sure you stay up on all of your Vitamins.< /p>