Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not getting my plastic surgery as I am to high of a risk factor. Because of everything I have gone through and still experiencing they feel that I could most likely die from it.

They are concerned that I will become septic again and this time not survive. They had a ton of reasons why it was rejected. I was not expecting that. It came out of the blue for me.

Here is the issue if anyone can help. Does anyone know where I can buy support for my entire body. By being able to keep it tight to me. Esp. The panni area which gives me the most issues.

I feel so disheartened. But totally understand the reasoning behind their choice.

But on the other hand I will look like a monster the rest of my life. I need to find a way to tuck it all in when I am in public. If anyone knows about how to do this I would appreciate it.

Thank you;

Jane

@RJ'S/beginning

First..you are beautiful and valued as you are. You have earned your battle scars. You have worked hard. Wear them proudly.

Here is one woman's daily routine to tuck her skin in.

(1) control top panty hose

(2) wrapping ace bandages around her mid section

(3) Duct tape mid section

(4) another pair of control top pany hose

(5) Long Spanx to cinch in her thighs

(6) another pair of spanx to lift boobs and cover all the layers previous.

@@jenn1 - are you serious? IMHO I would be afraid of circulation issues with all of the binding and etc.

What about arm flab?

@@jenn1 That seems a bit extreme. Where does she find time to live!?

I think the other poster much be making a joke!! HaHa! There are long line bottom body shapers and you can get a tank top style for the upper half. I don't think you have to duct tape yourself for heavens sake! You could also get a compression garment that they use for plastic surgery for arms/upper body just get a bigger size so as not to be so tight. They are actually quite comfortable. Marena has a nice line of garments you can find them online.

@RJ'S/beginning - I am often concerned with the language that people use, especially to describe themselves. You, my friend are not a monster by any stretch of the imagination. You are a survivor. If you want a smoother look in your clothes, buy some Shapewear. I There are a thousand different types on the market now for every sort of outfit.

You are not a monster and don't look like one either! I am sorry you can't do this but your life is not worth risking for skin removal!

I can't find links to what I purchased before but there are tons of options. Be careful to not go too tight or else skin will pour over the top. If you buy compression like people used post op, choose stage 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Colombiana-Posture-Corrector-Model-295/dp/B00QWEL9SK/ref=sr_1_79?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1447165836&sr=1-79&nodeID=1045010&keywords=compression+garments

@BLERDgirl @CowgirlJane I am mostly concerned about the pantie part. i have things I wear for the upper part that are quite comfortable. If there is a garment out there for the pantie area. that will hold in all the extra. That is what I am looking for.

Maybe I am not a monster. but I feel like one when my flesh slides out of the garment I am wearing that holds in the skin down south.

Today is a hate Jane day. Feel sorry for Jane day. Cry day. Nothing has gone like it should but you are right I am a survivor. I just wonder sometimes where the breaking point may be.....

Just to address the issue of rejection...did you consider seeking a second opinion? I'm sure the other posters are all correct in their advice on how to deal with the skin, but perhaps another plastic surgery program would think differently of it. I understand your concern and theirs, but I would fully research this issue before writing it off.

@@jane13

@RJ'S/beginning

I agree. It is ridiculous the lengths she went to cover her loose skin. I'm not suggesting anyone do the above binding. Her story was on the TV series botched. They completed her plastics after she shared her story. If you can afford plastics and your health gives you the option to get plastics. that's fantastic.

I hope people see that loose skin is ok. We worked hard to get our health back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zUPfc87wRI

Just to address the issue of rejection...did you consider seeking a second opinion? I'm sure the other posters are all correct in their advice on how to deal with the skin, but perhaps another plastic surgery program would think differently of it. I understand your concern and theirs, but I would fully research this issue before writing it off.

The surgeon I chose flew all over Canada to get advice on my issues. He researched it thoroughly and I trust his judgement. If he says I will have a heart attack, or severe infections or better yet die. Then I know that he is telling me all.

Sure, there are some that would do it because of money but he won't because he cares about me personally. And it was extremely painful for both my husband and I to hear that it was not a go and why.

My history with WLS has been a bumpy, surgery filled, not to mention coma and being on the brink of death more then once. So I believe him when he said he talked to the top experts in Canada. And everyone agreed it was too risky. Hell they don't even know where my stomach is exactly or how much scaring is there due to the 30 procedures and surgeries I had because of my decision to have WLS.

I know that tomorrow I will remember why I did this and what the positives were and are regarding it all. But for today I am really looking for options to hide the skin.

@@jenn1 Are you planning plastics. or are you okay with lose skin. Or you look young. Did your skin just bounce back. I did not lose weight like others with normal circumstances. I lift the hospital with 97 lbs gone. in 5 months. And it wasn't because I was dieting or even eating. I lost it because I didn't eat for 5 months.

My Dr. said the other day. " You think your healthy don't you! You think that you can do anything. Right! Well your wrong. You have a lot more to deal with before you can call yourself okay or even healthy. It is still a long road for you."

I just smiled because I thought he was out of his mind. But when I got home I was reminded quickly about the severe pain under my ribs from scar tissue. I get severe spasms from that. Where is all the scaring connected too that pulls like that and that is only one issue.

Today I don't care about the good things about this surgery. Today three years ago I went septic and started my hell of 5.5 months in the hospital.

I can relate. Sometimes staring at the multiple scars over my stomach puts me in a sour mood. Stay strong!

Google is your friend in an instance like this.

I just searched "body shapers after weight loss surgery" and came up with a ton of options. I bet you would get the same if you searched for "Compression garments after weight loss surgery" as well.

I am certain you will find something that will make you more comfortable.

As far as being a "monster"? I am sure I would make young girls run away crying if they saw the state of my boobs, bits and belly after two pregnancies and a massive weight gain/loss. I can't afford surgery **and**college for my kids, so my choice is obviously to stay in the skin I am in. Fortunately, my kids, my husband, my loved ones care about me no matter what I look like naked. (Please note, my husband is the only one who actually SEES me naked.) I am sure your loved ones feel the same about you.

I wish you well in your search!