Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone waffle between getting the surgery or not?

The Post Op

I'm there with you..

Keeping it off.. Losing is hard enough.

Then gaining back is so frustrating.

Guys.. You all have been so amazingly inspiring!!!

I am having the surgery

No more vacillating.

Thank you all!!!!!

I waffled back and forth right up until they wheeled me in. It is scarey to think about. I should have done this sooner. My energy is up. My depression has gotten better. My asthma well it is allergy time. The biggest difference is my right leg has stopped getting numb so quick.

I spent a year trying to make up my mind. I researched the surgery. Talked with a surgeon. Discussed it with my family. Tried to lose more weight on my own during that year. Then decided it was the way to go. Then spent another year going through my insurance's hoops to get approved for the surgery. All of their questions were designed to get me to second guess my decision. (Things like, "Are you nervous about the surgery? Do you understand that there could be complications? One of those complications could be death?") I think waffling is very normal - you're talking about surgery here!

I was sleeved on 8/31/15. I have not for one second since then regretted or second thought my decision. I'm feeling better than I have in years. I'm eating well. I'm enjoying exercise. I'm sleeping better. I can go up stairs without feeling like I'm about to have a heart attack. Do you know my one regret? Not making up my mind a year earlier.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

CJ

I didn't have any doubts about the surgery until I actually had it. Then I started questioning my decision. However, I'm on Day 5 now and I'm back on track, and I can see the benefits.

It's very hard the first few days and you have to force yourself to get into the mindset that you can only drink small amounts of Clear liquids / nourishing liquids / pureed foods the first six weeks,. The more I am healing the more I can see that it's getting better and that it was worth it. I'm starting to regain my hunger but it's nothing like it was.

Before this I had lost and regained 35kg twice, through Duromine, Reductil, Celebrity slim, Jenny Craig, Curves Gym etc etc etc.

The surgery really does just limit the amount of food yo can eat. It is possible to stretch it, so it really is just a tool. :)

I sort of waffled on there, but I hope you see what I'm trying to say.

curvybritt

Curvy

I hear ya! Thank you for sharing..

My whole thing is that I feel like I'm constantly hungry.. So I'm excited that this surgery will control that for me

Curvy

I hear ya! Thank you for sharing..

My whole thing is that I feel like I'm constantly hungry.. So I'm excited that this surgery will control that for me

Then you're doing the right thing! That's exactly where I was coming from. Even Day 5 I feel like food is no longer consuming my life.