Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your most embarrassing NSV?

I'm not embarassed by any of mine, but here are a couple:

1 - Sex is much easier (more closeness, less heavy breathing from being worn out);

2 - I don't have to dig my toes into the floor to provide leverage when I wipe my butt.

Biggest shocker - I was at the VA with my husband. The bathroom had a full length mirror on the back of the door. I didn't recognize myself. Pants baggy, sagging everywhere and my shirt falling off my shoulders. I was so embarrassed to realize I looked that way! I had a play to attend that evening so I took a chance on JCPenny and actually found a nice pair of fitting slacks! First time I had shipped successfully in a retail store and not there largest size either! Shopped in my closet for a better fitting blouse and jacket. I felt like a new person that night. A great outcome from a most embarrassing moment.

I love the thrift store. I call these trips for temporary pants...

Pants fell off in the airport while going through security! Laughed so hard I could barely answer their questions.

On 12/11/2015 at 12:39 AM, Emilie.Lancaster said:

I love the thrift store. I call these trips for temporary pants...

that's brilliant. i never thought of the thrift store! going to try that.

Most embarrassing? No longer having to like sit in a certain way so I can rest my leg on something to put socks on, because I couldn’t rest it on my other leg.

Or.. being able to shave my legs without a stool to put my leg on.

Not being too embarrassed to take off my shirt in public. Or change clothes in front of the hospital staff and my wife’s sisters when our son was being born (didn’t strip down past my t-shirt and underwear, but still).

Having reproductive organs that work the way they should.

Not having to ask for a seatbelt extender on an airplane or encroach on my neighbor’s space.

It’s only embarrassing because I deal with anxiety, but my coworker shouting about how big my dress was in front of about 20 people. “Don’t you see how tight you have it tied?! Don’t you see where the seams are SUPPOSED to be?!” Why yes friend/coworker I see all of those things, I just don’t have clothes that fit! 😂 I’m actually making a thrift store run this weekend for new pants. Mine also fall down all the time.

On 08/24/2018 at 07:42, redhead_che said:

It’s only embarrassing because I deal with anxiety, but my coworker shouting about how big my dress was in front of about 20 people. “Don’t you see how tight you have it tied?! Don’t you see where the seams are SUPPOSED to be?!” Why yes friend/coworker I see all of those things, I just don’t have clothes that fit! 😂 I’m actually making a thrift store run this weekend for new pants. Mine also fall down all the time.

That’s a pretty jerk move! Have fun shopping this weekend!

36 minutes ago, madscientistmommy said:
On 8/24/2018 at 6:42 AM, redhead_che said:

That’s a pretty jerk move! Have fun shopping this weekend!

She meant well, like most do along this weight loss journey, but I agree after my first shush she shoulda :X haha. That’s a whole different thread topic I’m sure exists: “When people think they’re being supportive” or something like that 😂

I have a confession, not exactly a NSV, but hear me out. The last,time I was at the Bariatric Clinic I looked around. And yes, most of , if not all, looked over weight. But some v were more misshapen than me. Now I have put myself down, called myself Elephant, clumsy, fat even stupid. Really I am none,of these. And although I am a BIG girl, I do still have a shape. I still can walk, although slowly with a visible limp, there were ladies and a couple guys who were wheelchair bound because their legs no longer will hold them up. And I felt, a little pride I was speaking mine before that happened to me, because in a year,or 2 gaining like I had been, it could have happened. Now I know and I believe with surgery, I stopped the the slide into furthur ill health. But I cried and prayed for each,of them it's not too late for them, that someday they will have NSVs I know I will and it won't be long before I will report some really NSV because,you know now I do believe in me and what I can accomplish.

My greatest and most embarrassing victory involves haemeroids hemeroids haemaroids piles. It's great to pop in a suppository without almost dislocating my shoulder! ;)

That's not embarrassing that's triumph in a very special way!

This trend is so inspiring! I can't wait to have these moments!!!