Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are all calcium citrates really gross?

All of the calcium chews I found at CVS, Walmart and costco were Calcium carbonate. We don't have enough stomach acid to process the calcium carbonate, we need calcium citrate.

the chews Bariatric Advantage makes are citrate. So are Calcet Creamy Bites. I've never found any stores that carry citrate chews. The ones I know about you have to order online.

the chews are chewy. I don't know why they'd insist on crunchy Vitamins and supplements. I've never heard that. I know we're supposed to avoid gummies, but not chewy things like Bariatric Advantage chews. Interesting.

p.s. my Calcium levels are normal.

Thank you so much for this! She said because they don't absorb the same way as the crunchy ones, BUT your levels are good so that must not always be the case! From what everyone is saying ..and knowing myself..I need some of the Bariatric Advantage chews. I'm much more likely to take them all day if I'm not having a hard time getting them down. Thank you so much!
That's what I was worried about with chews, that the absorption wouldn't be that great, I started with the bariatric advantage tablet chewable a and Multivitamins but I only made it two weeks with them, I couldn't hardly get them down and it made me not want to take them. Today I went to costco and got the Vitafusion women's Multivitamin Gummy 220 gummies for 8.99 and the Vitafusion Calcium 2 bottles of 100 gummies for 10.99. costco does have a version of the bariatric calcium chews, they are Kirkland brand and are chocolate or caramel sugar free chews, 180 for 11.99. Hope this helps!

Also after I can get to the 8 week post op and I can take caps and tabs I'll switch to those.

I bought the Costco calcium chews, too, but was told I should not take them because they are calcium carbonate, not calcium citrate…?…

I bought 60 days supply of the Celebrate Vitamins chewy calcium citrate. I switched over to the PatchMD last month and I use the chews when I need something sweet. From another website, people who have used the patch MD have good labs, but need to supplement with sublinguil B, and Vitamin D. I take Vitamin D, 50,000 2 x per week. The patch is great because I don't have to take pills all day long. I have not personally taken the patch long enough to recommend it, but I got tired of trying to time all the Vitamins and Iron and Calcium. It was an all day event. Now, I put on the patch after a shower, and 2 times a week a swallow a Vitamin D and put a B Vitamin under my tongue.

That's exactly what it tastes like!

Bariatric Advantage also makes a calcium citrate lozenge but it only comes in cinnamon and it burns my tongue. I had a sample and it was like sucking on a red hot! ???? the chews are really good though and I've heard they also make a flavorless crystals you can dump into a drink or pudding or whatever.