Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you eventually able to eat anything?

I was wondering,

After 6 months to a year, do you get to where you can eat anything without sliming or feeling sick?

And for those of you who have achieved goal, will you be partaking in any Holiday treats? A bite, a taste?

Just trying to get an idea of how it will be after I'm sleeved.

I understand that for the rest of my life I'm to eat Protein first, then veggies, then carbs..

I am 2.5 months out and can pretty much eat what I like ( just small portions)

I haven't had bread, Pasta or salad yet though.

Not sure I will as it seems like a waste of stomach space.

I haven't slimed yet!

Edited by cbruce125

9 months out i can eat small portions of anything I want without problem. Obviously I don't eat whatever I want on a daily basis because it would go against why I had the surgery. On a day like thanksgiving I could have a small amount of everything if I choose to but I'm sticking with a small portion of turkey and veggies.

For thanksgiving, I will have turkey and veggies.

I might have a couple of bites of squash or pumpkin pie. ..but just the filling, not the crust.

If you look around here, it depends on the person. Some people have sandwiches, some people can't eat bread. Some people have ice cream and other stuff, other people can't tolerate sugar.

What you can tolerate or not tolerate, will be unique to you.

I was wondering,

After 6 months to a year, do you get to where you can eat anything without sliming or feeling sick?

And for those of you who have achieved goal, will you be partaking in any Holiday treats? A bite, a taste?

Just trying to get an idea of how it will be after I'm sleeved.

I understand that for the rest of my life I'm to eat Protein first, then veggies, then carbs..

You might be able to but I can't. I dump if I eat more than three small bites of cream based soops or ice cream. I hurl if I eat rice, passta or soft bread.

I can eat treats all the time. My new habit is to just have a small taste or two and move on, though.

If you are very unlucky, yes.

I am a year out. There is nothing that makes me sick, nauseous, etc... Every bite I take is a conscious decision to eat right. Right now I would love nothing more than a snickers bar. Instead, I'm finishing up my Water for the day and maybe having some sliced cucumbers for a snack.< /p>

I'm 14 months out and 7 pounds below goal right now and working on maintenence. If I partake in any treats, they will be tracked on My Fitness Pal and count toward my daily calorie intake. Those bites and tastes can add up if you don't be careful and hold yourself accountable. I know it sounds like a drag, but this is my life now. I have always had a sleeve of steel, and could pretty much eat anything from 3 months out. Never had anything keeping me from eating whatever I wanted except the desire to get the weight off and keep it that way. That's why I pretty much have to track everything I put in my mouth! It is what it is.

cbruce, Slimsoon, OutsideMatchinside, Lipstick Lady,

Good choices all of you! Thanks for the info and ideas....

BLERDgirl, I've been on the "pre" pre diet Kaiser gave me and I've lost 5 pounds in 5 days keeping at 1200 cal a day. I feel ya on the Snickers bar...

Only if like a Power Crunch Protein bar right now, but I'm at 1165 cal today so I'm done ????

Babbs, so is it head hunger with you?

Are you feeling physical hunger in your sleeve?

I track calories in the Lose It Ap

I'm 14 months out and 7 pounds below goal right now and working on maintenence. If I partake in any treats, they will be tracked on My Fitness Pal and count toward my daily calorie intake. Those bites and tastes can add up if you don't be careful and hold yourself accountable. I know it sounds like a drag, but this is my life now. I have always had a sleeve of steel, and could pretty much eat anything from 3 months out. Never had anything keeping me from eating whatever I wanted except the desire to get the weight off and keep it that way. That's why I pretty much have to track everything I put in my mouth! It is what it is.

I track everything. Friday, halloween, was the first time in 11 weeks I just tasted a few pot luck dishes. I felt soooo guilty because I wasn't eating myyyy prepped meals and it scares me that I was ok in eating that stuff and how easy it was.

Yeah, I'm battling those feelings now. I like to track and control everything and not eat not knowing what's what.

There's nothing I can't eat. And nothing I don't eat. Including holiday treats and mom's/grandmas wonderful holiday cooking. At 23 months out and maintaining 10 pounds below goal for over a year, the "everything in moderation" rule works great for me. No tracking, counting or measuring.

The only exception is carbonation. My sleeve doesn't like bubbles, so beer, soda, seltzer, sparkling beverages and champagne are out for me.

Edited by Kindle

Kindle

Do you not even track your Protein?

Wow! I hope it goes this way for me!

When did you start allowing yourself anything in moderation? Was it after you achieved your goal?

I did mostly Protein and veggies while losing but never completely gave up fruits and whole grains. Stayed away from the white carbs while I was losing. Once I hit goal I loosened up my restrictions and at this point pretty much know what I can eat without gaining. I eat every 2-3 hours but stop before I get full. If I do pop over my bounce range after an especially carb heavy vacation or holiday I just do a couple days of "preop liquid diet" and/or protein/veggie basics and it comes back off.

I guess I do keep track of my fluids in my head and get 64-80+ oz in every day. As for protein, I eat a Quest bar and drink a protein smoothie every day. That's 40-50g protein right there so it's not hard to know I'm exceeding 60g with all the protein rich foods I eat. For example, besides my Quest bar and protein smoothie, today I had turkey Jerky, Greek yogurt with Kashi go lean Cereal, a banana, some peanuts, cheesy chicken corn chowder, quest chips with Avocado and garlic salsa, Brussel sprouts, two Hershey kisses and a mini twix from the Halloween candy jar.

Edited by Kindle

Kindle

You have me inspired! From what I'm hearing from BLERDgirl and others,

The first year is when you don't get very hungry and so it's easier for the weight to come off.

If I fill up with a small amount, but can eat bits of what I like, I will be very happy I got the sleeve... Sounds like you are