Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Fell Off The Wagon Big Time. Please Judge Me Harshly!

Someone shoot me a message when we get back to the whips and leather outfits.

Or when someone posts a pic. Cuz you know this thread is nothing without pics.

Just sayin'.

I ponder the possibilities of how much more effective my weight loss coaching sessions with my NUT & Psyche could have gone..........

oo2Oo8y.png

On the plus side-the pear was a good choice! Your inner 7 year old popped out and made a special guest appearance..hug her and stuff her a** back in the self control closet-she can keep mine company!

Someone shoot me a message when we get back to the whips and leather outfits.

Or when someone posts a pic. Cuz you know this thread is nothing without pics.

Just sayin'.

I ponder the possibilities of how much more effective my weight loss coaching sessions with my NUT & Psyche could have gone..........

oo2Oo8y.png

I think you've stumbled onto something that is pure genius!

So WLS can really mean, "we love sadism"! LOL!

How far out from surgery are you?

It will be 6 months on the 12th.

Okay, I thought surviving the Halloween holiday would be a breeze. I blew it big time. Over the past three days I've consumed 5 Halloween cupcakes with buttercream frosting, a Hostess chocolate cupcake, Little Debbie nutty buddy bars (2), a popcorn ball, numerous handfuls of candy, movie theater popcorn (twice), french fries, onion rings, a corn dog, two brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts, and one pear.

I'm scared that I've now stretched my stomach out. Please judge me cruelly. I need to be punished. I obviously can't handle the holidays at all and will have to lock myself in my room for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(Seriously, does anyone know how long it takes to stretch your stomach out?)

Proud do not beat yourself up! Thats the worse thing you can do. I am going through the same struggle except my drug of choice is salty calorie laden chinese food:wacko:

I binge, then feel just like you do. But we dont need to be punished as we are our own biggest and harshest critics. We need to be patient but stern withourselves. Try replacing your sweet goodies with sugar free goodies OR a Protein shake. There are some tasty ones.

Be kind to yourself and your tummy, Im learning to do the same one hour at a time. Remember you arent alone

Lordy - I could've written this post! I am throwing away the hidden stash of Halloween junk from the desk drawer as we speak. :blush: I am going to detox from my weeks of sugar blasting starting now. It's hard to kick this addiction - I do really well for a time but then it just takes a little bit of the sweet stuff to throw me into a tailspin and I'm on a sugar binge for days. But this time I'll be honest I've been eating so much crap for the last couple months - it's no wonder I can't get the last 13 pounds off! Even exercising it isn't budging! So I am cutting the sugar out too! Back to basics! Thanks for giving me boost to get back in the swing of things! (and for giving me a giggle too) :D

I went to a movie and got the smallest popcorn they sell but it was still four times what my 3-month post-op stomach should have been able to hold. I sat there in the movie and was able to eat the entire bag of popcorn! How is that possible? It scared me but I felt fine and that was two weeks ago and no problems since. What's the deal? It bothered me so much I won't do it again but I sure don't understand this new stomach of mine.

Since then I've been by-the-book and doing well. I can eat more than I think I should be able to though.

Well ... popcorn is one of the famous "slider foods." It's not dense Protein, but air-filled starchy carbohydrate that, despite its popped crunchiness, is already very well pre-digested by the cooking process.

I'm sure you ate your popcorn as slowly as you could. And the thing about pre-digested, highly processed slider foods is that they sliiiiide swiftly right down through the stomach through the pyloric valve (at the bottom of your stomach) into the first part of your small intestine (the duodenum).

Slider foods just don't challenge your new sleeve's restriction. You eat it, it stays in the stomach a short time, it slides down, and your stomach has more room for ... more popcorn.

This is why popcorn isn't a great idea during the weight loss phases.

So onward and downward -- the good way, not the slider way. ;)

I went to a movie and got the smallest popcorn they sell but it was still four times what my 3-month post-op stomach should have been able to hold. I sat there in the movie and was able to eat the entire bag of popcorn! How is that possible? It scared me but I felt fine and that was two weeks ago and no problems since. What's the deal? It bothered me so much I won't do it again but I sure don't understand this new stomach of mine.

Since then I've been by-the-book and doing well. I can eat more than I think I should be able to though.

My NUT had a great visual example. If you took a big bag of Lay's Potato chips and put them in a blender, you would wind up with a little bit of potato paste and a lot of oil in the bottom of the blender I would imagine that the same thing would happen with movie popcorn.

Thank you for making me scream out loud...Have to say you beat me hands down.

I suppose misery loves company, in the sence I thought I was the only one or pretty close to the only one being BAD.

Week before Halloween was eating sugar with no boundaries, then 10/30 got back under control and started back on this web site. Makes me realize what a truly inspirational and much needed site this is. Every thing from a to z.

Found in the throws of indulgence just give the stuff away or throw it out,

it's an immediate way to address but not the underlying reason WHY (?) That is what I deal with now.

Otherwise, I might beat you next time... plus 2 pears.

So, thanks to everyone that chips in with thoughts, idea's and advice

because we are out here listening…and re-learning.

If you feel it coming on again feel free to contact me, we can help each other. Hope to hear from you.

Cause we are in it to win it.

Thank for the info about popcorn (and chips). That makes a lot of sense. I usually NEVER get popcorn at the movies but I was there alone and planning a double feature (Bridge of Spies and The Martian) and indulged. Water under the bridge and now following the program. Protein makes me happy.

I treated myself to a kids size popcorn the other day at the movies. I also poured a bunch of extra popcorn salt in a container and brought that in. When I had finished what I felt comfortable with (maybe a third?) I doused the rest of it in so much salt that it was inedible. I *think* I would have been able to control myself, but this way I took myself out of the equation.