Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Fell Off The Wagon Big Time. Please Judge Me Harshly!

Okay, I thought surviving the Halloween holiday would be a breeze. I blew it big time. Over the past three days I've consumed 5 Halloween cupcakes with buttercream frosting, a Hostess chocolate cupcake, Little Debbie nutty buddy bars (2), a popcorn ball, numerous handfuls of candy, movie theater popcorn (twice), french fries, onion rings, a corn dog, two brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts, and one pear.

I'm scared that I've now stretched my stomach out. Please judge me cruelly. I need to be punished. I obviously can't handle the holidays at all and will have to lock myself in my room for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(Seriously, does anyone know how long it takes to stretch your stomach out?)

So, my take? I would bet that many, if not most, of us fall off the wagon at least once during our process but DUDE!!

Hostess cupcakes? Little Debbies? Pop Tarts? Popcorn balls!?!?!?

If you are going to fall, at least fall with something that is worth it. Cheesecake, homemade fudge brownies, great quality chocolate....

add some hookers and a bottle of "Jack" and I'm there!

:)

I know, right!?!?!?

Okay, I thought surviving the Halloween holiday would be a breeze. I blew it big time. Over the past three days I've consumed 5 Halloween cupcakes with buttercream frosting, a Hostess chocolate cupcake, Little Debbie nutty buddy bars (2), a popcorn ball, numerous handfuls of candy, movie theater popcorn (twice), french fries, onion rings, a corn dog, two brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts, and one pear.

I'm scared that I've now stretched my stomach out. Please judge me cruelly. I need to be punished. I obviously can't handle the holidays at all and will have to lock myself in my room for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

So, my take? I would bet that many, if not most, of us fall off the wagon at least once during our process but DUDE!!

If you are going to fall, at least fall with something that is worth it. Cheesecake, homemade fudge brownies, great quality chocolate....

I'm down with that !!!!!

I agree with @@Dub, figure out why you self sabotaged and develop a plan not to do that again. Then move on. You ate bad yesterday, do better today. The End.

great quality chocolate....

Bite your tongue! I find a Hostess Cupcake the greatest quality chocolate!

Or chocolate like substance....

Of all of those things you mentioned, only the pear is real food. The rest are only edible chemical products made in a factory. Your best friends in this battle will planning and preparation. Have healthy acceptable stuff on hand. As much as you personally have control, junk edibles should not even be in your house.

Many, many times, deviled or boiled eggs have kept me from going over the edge. I guarantee that you can't sit n the sofa watching a movie and eat a bucket full of boiled eggs!

Think of the drive-throughs as McPoisons', Poison King, Poison bell, etc.

It is going to take a couple or three days to get that sugar out of your system. I personally would go back to Protein shakes for a couple days.

@@Proud2BMe -- Silly boy, the more you beg for punishment, the less likely you are to be punished.

It's obvious that something is going on. Take a look at http://ShrinkYourself.com

It's the website of psychologist Roger Gould and is about emotional eating and related matters. Register for the free, emailed newsletters, read them, do what they tell you to do (scratch that; I see you grinning already). Do the exercises and whatever. You can later decide if you want to register for the paid version and/or buy his book (there's always a book, isn't there?).

Last but far from least, if you must go wild like that again, raise your sites. Go to the best continental bakery in your little Somewhereville. I took one bite of a Hostess thing when I was a child and spat it out, never to bite again. It tasted more of what I think floor wax would taste like than shortening.

By far the funniest post! What you said "Please judge me cruelly" made me lmao.... will come back when I stop laughing :lol: :lol:

If you really want to be punished, you really should have phrased your post along the lines of.... "OMG, I ate so much garbage the last few days. Everyone tell me it's ok, please! Because I'm not going to change my binging ways, and you are all stick-in-the-muds who think your are perfect!" People who have jumped all over your butt, lol..

But seriously, I think it's good that you are owning your mistakes. As someone recovering from binge eating disorder, I know it can be painful to actually list out all of your food sins.

I won't add much else, as there has already been some solid advice given (particularly about getting that sugar out of your system, and maybe talking to a professional about what happened to work on strategies to prevent a repeat).

None of this is easy! It sounds like you want to put in the work, and just had a few bad days. You can do this!!

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

@@Proud2BMe thank you for posting and asking for what you need, although at least for me the punishment you seek causes more eating.

I just read a study that found this too: women ate a donut and then half heard a self compassionate statement and half did not. Next, those that did hear a self compassionate statement ate 1/3 of the amount of candy offered compared to those who did not practice self compassion.

There is more and more research about self compassion so I thought I'd share for you or anyone else who struggles with negative self talk during moments like this.

I also ate some things over the weekend I regret which is why your post resonated with me. In the past, I'd be flogging myself about how bad I am, how could I sabotage myself this way etc etc. Then usually I'd eat to numb out the feelings that came from being so mean to myself.

This time, I tried to be curious instead of judgmental. Huh. Wonder why I ate that? What can I do to minimize the chance of that happening again? What would I say to my best friend if this happened? I would say "this happens to a lot of us struggling with our relationship with food. You are making amazing changes and learning so much...what can you learn from this?"

Hope I don't sound to woo woo, but I am finding this mindful self compassion practice really helping me (if you are interested, researcher is Kristin Neff) so thought I would share.

If you (or others) prefer harsher punishment, more power to you! Domination and/or submission has its place, just not in my relationship with food.< /p>

I just read a study that found this too: women ate a donut and then half heard a self compassionate statement and half did not. Next, those that did hear a self compassionate statement ate 1/3 of the amount of candy offered compared to those who did not practice self compassion.

There is more and more research about self compassion so I thought I'd share for you or anyone else who struggles with negative self talk during moments like this.

(snip)

Hope I don't sound to woo woo, but I am finding this mindful self compassion practice really helping me (if you are interested, researcher is Kristin Neff) so thought I would share.

Whoa! Fascinating research. Thanks for posting this.

EDIT: I'm not a huge fan of TED talks (takes a while to watch the videos). But Kristin Neff's TED talk is worth a listen. It's about self-compassion vs. self-esteem. She addresses, among other things, how girls' and women's self-esteem is grounded in our estimation (starting in third grade) of how attractive we are. She describes some persuasive research behind the thesis that practicing self-compassion is more effective than self-criticism in helping us cope effectively with life's and our own imperfections and (for goal-oriented people -- ahem!) achieving our goals. Even though her TED talk was designed for a woman-focused conference, I think her thesis applies equally to men.

great quality chocolate....

Bite your tongue! I find a Hostess Cupcake the greatest quality chocolate!

Or chocolate like substance....

One should NEVER cheat with a foodlike product. All cheating should be done with REAL food in all it's fatty, sugary, creamy, gooey glory.

"One should NEVER cheat with a foodlike product. All cheating should be done with REAL food in all it's fatty, sugary, creamy, gooey glory."

That's exactly my thoughts with hookers too. ;)

Someone shoot me a message when we get back to the whips and leather outfits.

Or when someone posts a pic. Cuz you know this thread is nothing without pics.

Just sayin'.