Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Fell Off The Wagon Big Time. Please Judge Me Harshly!

Okay, I thought surviving the Halloween holiday would be a breeze. I blew it big time. Over the past three days I've consumed 5 Halloween cupcakes with buttercream frosting, a Hostess chocolate cupcake, Little Debbie nutty buddy bars (2), a popcorn ball, numerous handfuls of candy, movie theater popcorn (twice), french fries, onion rings, a corn dog, two brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts, and one pear.

I'm scared that I've now stretched my stomach out. Please judge me cruelly. I need to be punished. I obviously can't handle the holidays at all and will have to lock myself in my room for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(Seriously, does anyone know how long it takes to stretch your stomach out?)

You don't need to be "punished". Recognizing that this is an issue is hard enough on yourself. I don't think its possible to stretch your stomach from 2 days of eating. But, you know that this isn't good. Listen to yourself. I think that we all struggle with holidays. What I would suggest is THROW IT AWAY! Get it all out of the house. Then, you wont have anything to have anything to feel bad about. Let yourself feel bad enough that you don't do it all the time, but also give yourself a little slack. We all mess up sometimes. Nothing you cant come back from. Today is a new day!

First off, you have a sleeve. You don't have a pouch that can stretch. The stretchy part of your stomach has been removed. Worrying about stretching your stomach is pretty unfounded.

Second, eating a lot of sugar and starches is not a good idea, but once you have done so, you are going to have a difficult time until you get the sugar out of your system. Eating sugar will set you up to crave sugar. The best thing you can do is go cold turkey and not give in to any cravings. They will go away.

Third, your post is so full of negativity. I understand your feelings, but ironically, I just came to BariatricPal to post a link to a very good article about changing negative self-talk. I think you might find it beneficial in this situation. You made a mistake. That is ok. You are not a mistake. How to kick negative self-talk to the curb

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/health/end-negative-self-talk/index.html

Fourth, the advice I would give is to forgive yourself, reflect on your feelings, create a plan for how you will deal with similar situations in the future, and go back to basics.

We are all human and we all make mistakes. It's what we learn from them that will help us move forward.

It's yesterday. It's done. It's over. Don't dwell on it, but rather, go eat clean so that your brain doesn't get an opportunity to readjust to the sugar expectations. The way this started for all of us is that our brains managed to become convinced that these foods were necessities, rather than flukes. That said, you are not what you eat, and your self-worth should not be tied up in how well you follow dietary rules. If you separate your diet from who you are, you'll have a much better chance of putting behind you psychologically. Learn from it, because, as you pointed out, Halloween is hardly the last opportunity of the year to fall through quicksand.

Okay....so you blew it bigtime.

You went on a garbage food binge.

Why?

Why did you sabotage your progress?

Figuring out the why is what I'd be concerned about at this point.

Remember the psyche eval that was part of your checklist items? Maybe there were pre-eval videos you were required to watch....tests to take.....homework to do where you formulated how you were making this YOUR plan. Perhaps you can go back to those and get back in touch with your pre-op self and figure out why you'd sabotage things at this point.

Maybe another visit with a psychiatrist will be beneficial.....or a series of visits.

Maybe you have some type of counseling available through your employee benefits package.

Halloween has passed.....but here comes Thanksgiving and Christmas......times when many folks just pile on the pounds without stopping......then find themselves on January 1st......hoping for control to magically come their way.

Get in charge of yourself asap and solve the "why?" riddle.

Nobody with any sense said this was going to be an easy path to follow.............BUT.......there is a reason you initially chose to go down it. Get back in touch with those reasons.

Why do I envision someone in a rubber suit and a ball gag in their mouth requesting someone feed them Hostess snack cakes then making them yell at them. :)

You are human. You don't need to be yelled at. You made a mistake.

Get those sugary things out of the house if you can, otherwise if you have them there for others, maybe let them store it in a container away from the kitchen.

It doesn't mean you can't treat yourself once in a while and in moderation, just maybe have something less decadent when you have your jones on for something sweet, like some fresh berries and maybe a dollop of fat free whipped topping on top.

I had ice cream because I was weak. A hot fudge sundae no less. Luckily I'm pre op but I'm still trying really hard to just stop all this junk food eating.

But I did it. Now I'm going to move on and try to eat better.

But no candy. Or cupcakes at a wedding. So I'm not sure which is worse lol. I guess eating all 3 would be.

Why do I envision someone in a rubber suit and a ball gag in their mouth requesting someone feed them Hostess snack cakes then making them yell at them.

YOU'VE BEEN VERY, VERY BAD! YOU'RE A BAD BOY, AREN'T YOU??

Okay, I'm done.....

Why do I envision someone in a rubber suit and a ball gag in their mouth requesting someone feed them Hostess snack cakes then making them yell at them.

Okay, I'm done.....

Now repeat that but wearing a leather domination outfit and high heels.:)

Okay, I'm done.....

Now repeat that but wearing a leather domination outfit and high heels. :)

Damn right !!!!!!!

That's the type of coaching I'd respond best to.........

frustratedfacepalm-gifcommercialsmhgecko

Clearly, you fell in with evil companions.

Get thee to a nunnery monastery!

Okay really, all kidding aside...

No, you won't stretch your sleeve, but you can see how easily it would be to eat around it. Get yourself back on track with Protein and veggies, limit your sugar and your cravings will subside to where you feel you're back in control again by keeping your tummy full with protien and fluids. That's really the trick.

It happens to all of us. You just gotta get right back on track and move forward!

Okay, I thought surviving the Halloween holiday would be a breeze. I blew it big time. Over the past three days I've consumed 5 Halloween cupcakes with buttercream frosting, a Hostess chocolate cupcake, Little Debbie nutty buddy bars (2), a popcorn ball, numerous handfuls of candy, movie theater popcorn (twice), french fries, onion rings, a corn dog, two brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts, and one pear.

I'm scared that I've now stretched my stomach out. Please judge me cruelly. I need to be punished. I obviously can't handle the holidays at all and will have to lock myself in my room for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

So, my take? I would bet that many, if not most, of us fall off the wagon at least once during our process but DUDE!!

Hostess cupcakes? Little Debbies? Pop Tarts? Popcorn balls!?!?!?

If you are going to fall, at least fall with something that is worth it. Cheesecake, homemade fudge brownies, great quality chocolate....

So, my take? I would bet that many, if not most, of us fall off the wagon at least once during our process but DUDE!!

Hostess cupcakes? Little Debbies? Pop Tarts? Popcorn balls!?!?!?

If you are going to fall, at least fall with something that is worth it. Cheesecake, homemade fudge brownies, great quality chocolate....

add some hookers and a bottle of "Jack" and I'm there!

:)