Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PRE-OP LIQUID DIET CHEATER

So what are you doing for diet and how long?? I ate more. But ate better for me. Salads with a packet of tuna on it. And 1 spoon of deessing was my main meal. Oh yes i cut ip boiled egg also. If i sis kot get enough Protein i would drink a shake. If i wanted something warm i had mainly vegis. It did not take too long to take off 30 lbs. but i guess if it was a requirement it might have been harder.

Right now I've been on the liquid diet for a couple wks now. I was struggling with the regular low fat no carbs diet and the team thought I would struggle a little less with liquid. They were wrong lol. . .

I am allowed a couple of low fat no carb meals a week though.

And congrats on losing 30lbs on your own! Thats awesome stuff and very proactive of you.

Well...once you make the decision to pursue WLS, everything is super easy. I have no idea why you are having so many issues at all. No one else in the world has ever had these issues. **sympathetic smile**

Now...I'll hit myself on the head with my own sarcastic crap bat...because it's crazy talk! Yep been there too....

I personally found the pre-op diets are entirely the hardest part. I didn't have to lose any prescribed weight before surgery, but the requirement was that I could not GAIN any weight. So I was terrified after getting my surgery date that I didn't cheat one single time. But it worked for me..the fear or working that long (6 months) to just blow it.

Best advice I would give you is to commit and stick...just do it. AND you CAN do it...it may be one of the hardest things you will ever do, but you CAN do it. Chin up, you got this!!! It is NOT easy...but it is worth it. You are worth it :D

I would think the liquid diet would be easier also. I know i am fixing to find out for sure. But what i was told is that after 4 days you are not hungry anymore????? Is this not true??? I got no sodium broth that will be my main liquid other then my Water and protien. Sont taste the best but i can tollerate it.

I would think the liquid diet would be easier also. I know i am fixing to find out for sure. But what i was told is that after 4 days you are not hungry anymore????? Is this not true??? I got no sodium broth that will be my main liquid other then my Water and protien. Sont taste the best but i can tollerate it.

Yeah I read that after 3-4 days it isnt so bad but every day I been on it seems like the first few days lol. . . Im sure you will do fine on it. Let me be the first to tell you, if you're a person who values taste you're gonna hate it. I stick with low fat Campbells cream of chicken or broccoli.

Well...once you make the decision to pursue WLS, everything is super easy. I have no idea why you are having so many issues at all. No one else in the world has ever had these issues. **sympathetic smile**

Now...I'll hit myself on the head with my own sarcastic crap bat...because it's crazy talk! Yep been there too....

I personally found the pre-op diets are entirely the hardest part. I didn't have to lose any prescribed weight before surgery, but the requirement was that I could not GAIN any weight. So I was terrified after getting my surgery date that I didn't cheat one single time. But it worked for me..the fear or working that long (6 months) to just blow it.

Best advice I would give you is to commit and stick...just do it. AND you CAN do it...it may be one of the hardest things you will ever do, but you CAN do it. Chin up, you got this!!! It is NOT easy...but it is worth it. You are worth it :D

Lol thank u Butterfly . . . I agree, pre op diets kinda suck. But u have to be just as disciplined as someone on the diets to lose weight is huh. . .

Thanks for the encouragement!

Cream Soup is considered liquid? I knew that would be ok strained after but never told thatbwas ok b4.

Just checking back in to see how you're doing. You can do this!

Cream Soup is considered liquid? I knew that would be ok strained after but never told thatbwas ok b4.

Hey Jangy, my nutritionist told me that cream soup was okay if it was low fat or fat free. Campbells has 98% fat free cream Soups. I just dilute mines with chicken broth and add herbs

Just checking back in to see how you're doing. You can do this!

Hey Sharon, Im doing well thank you! Taking it one day at a time. Hope your doing okay

Good morning to you miss sleeve. I go in to my last nut appt on the 11 th. So i will defo ask about that. Cream Soup would be very filling for me. Fingers crossed.

Good morning to you miss sleeve. I go in to my last nut appt on the 11 th. So i will defo ask about that. Cream Soup would be very filling for me. Fingers crossed.

Awesome, yeah I think its pretty satisfying. I either have a small bowl for lunch or for dinner. I do miss chewing though lol

I'm on day 9 and it's not that I'm hungry it's just that my body craves the things I cannot have. Every damn Taco Bell commercial I see makes me want to punch the TV. Lol

@@chuck415 Lmaoo Chuck I feel the same! Stupid McDonalds all day breakfast lol. . . I've stopped myself at the door twice this wk already from going to feed my cravings. I havent given in in a while^_^

That is awesome! You can do this!

Don't be discourage but feeling like you are some kind of crazy cheater. I haven't read every ones post on this thread so i'll just speak from personal experience when my surgeon put me on a month long diet as just a pre op. I have admitted addiction to food and I knew it was going to be so hard for me to handle. I mean we didn't get heavy cause we binge eat on veggies and lean Protein right? So i had to do some real soul searching. I wrote down everything I hated about being overweight. It wasn't just the vanity issues either. It was real like feeling tired and old and hurting all the time cause I was too heavy for my little frame. I wasn't willing to do this to myself anymore. So I joined a group to help me be able to talk about my addiction with others who could relate me. Can my 130 lbs nut even relate while telling me what to do? I didn't think so. So I went and then got a therapist for some one on one time. Cause I'm an emotional stress eater. I avoid places like the plague. Stopped bringing in crappy foods into my house. Had a discussing with my family about support. It was tough and I didn't beat myself up when I slipped. I just got back on my horse and said ok again, try again. I can say it hard and I cried cause I wanted to eat. I got mad and blamed my family cause they indulged me cause they loved me and food made me happy. When I lost the required weight and had surgery I was so grateful and now I'm truly happy that I stuck it through and did what I did. Its almost 10 months out and I don't live to eat, I eat to live. Its still a struggle time to time and the weight loss stalls can be discouraging but I would of never lost this weight without the surgery. So keep your eyes forward and towards your ultimate goal and it will help you stick to your diet. I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you will do fantastic!

Does your center allow you access to a therapist that does specialize in food issues? The one that did my psych eval comes to our clinic to help out. He is from his own practice. I think it is so different of a subject and sensitive so maybe you could ask your nurse.

Possibly they offer a modified diet? I know it wouldn't include McD. But to be honest, about a month before surgery, I went all out for the breakfast sausage there. I think it can be a natural reaction to knowing the change is coming. I had to make myself let it go. I could have it, but not the McMuffin. Just adjusting how I was eating out made a big difference.

As far as the liquid part, I had to change to different things. I was full liquid post op. I had 2 shakes and 1 small meal for my pre-op diet. Which they changed on me when giving it to me, I too thought it would be full liquids. And shockingly, I was only 1 lb off of where she told me to be when I showed up. Every dr is diff. But maybe there's a diff way they could help you through or better understanding of how to pull yourself through those difficult moments.

You've come so far. Just have patience with yourself. And when you're ready, then move forward.