Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November surgeries?

Monibaby18 I'm in the same boat as you. My surgeon never said how much he wanted me to lose. I lost 7 lbs I'm week one of my liquid diet but now it's at a stand still. My surgery is on the 16th and my insurance expires on the 29th. I've wanted this for years and this is my last chance for a long time. My worst fear is being opened up and them not doing it :(

My surgery is Nov 24th. I am super excited and nervous! My surgeon didn't put me on any specific diet, he just told me to keep doing what I am doing and try to loose as much weight as possible before surgery day. What kind of diets did your doctor put you on pre op?

Surgery went well. Day 1 and 2 are tough. Keep on the pain meds and you'll be good. Day 3 has been a lot better.

Don't be surprised if you doubt your decision at first, it's rough. Very happy still.

I'm on 3 Protein Shakes and 1 meal (4oz fish or chicken and 1 cup of veggies) a day 1200 calories total and little to no fat

I'm brand new to this site, and on my pre-op diet for my November 23rd surgery! :) Yay for November!

Hi

I was due to have my bypass (private) on 18th November but got a call yesterday to say it has had to be cancelled, due to there not being any recovery staff available on that evening...... :(

It was a nightmare to arrange cover at work and now I have to try and alter it........ :angry:!

I didn't expect any problems such as cancellations as I only thought that happened with the NHS!! :wacko:

Anyway, my new date is now 23rd November - so not too long a wait :rolleyes: and they better not cancel again as I really want this before Xmas as the chocolates will not be safe!! :huh:

I started the milk diet a week-and-a -half earlier than I had to to show my commitment and now I will have been on it for 5 weeks by the time my day arrives!! :D

Surgery went well. Day 1 and 2 are tough. Keep on the pain meds and you'll be good. Day 3 has been a lot better.

Don't be surprised if you doubt your decision at first, it's rough. Very happy still.

So my surgery was November 10. I remember nothing except for the doctor asking me if I was ready and I agreed. And then I woke up! Sore as hell. But I was able to tolerate the pain.

For me the pain is like giving birth to a baby! My hospital didn't provide a belly band they offered a pillow. However I went to Walmart and bought one! The darn thing was $10 and it's a life saver!!!! I have worn it everyday since I left the hospital ???? now don't get me wrong it was painful the night of the surgery I had a button that I could push ever 10 minutes for a narco but it made me so tired! So I opted not to use it at all. I am not able to drink the 15ml of liquid hydrocodone I feel like it keeps getting stuck in my throat!

So far since being home I haven't had a bowel movement but my doctor said that I could eat a banana! I only ate one bite and handed it over. I'm not hungry! And I keep feeling like when I drink something I feel it sitting right there in my throat and it's barely making its way to my stomach!

Now that the surgery is over I'm back on this liquid diet ???? I'm over the chicken broth, apple juice makes me sick, sugar free Jello taste horrible! But I have a new love for cranberry juice! That's all I have been able to manage since Tuesday and a bite of ice cream.

I have stayed away from the scale although I am eager to know what it will say in two weeks!

Pain is different for everyone. I've had 3 back surgeries and day 1 was worse with this. No belly band option was given.

I'm better now and ready for something besides shakes.

I picked up some yogurt ice pops from target. I had some yogurt yesterday. I haven't touched not one ounce of chicken broth ???????????????? cranberry juice is all that I have been drinking besides Water. Lollipops have been delicious because I was sick of ice pops and cold stuff makes me get chest pains.... Weird. I have apple sauce too. My doctor said anything that is milk based I can eat. He also said that I could eat some oatmeal as long as I use milk to mix it up. Hopefully that will help! ????????

I find it odd that every doctor is completely different on diet pre and post op.

Yogurt seems like an obvious choice, but my doc said no. Just Protein and water/sugar free drink for 2 weeks.

I am down 16 lbs since Monday weigh in.

Edited by brapril714

In the same boat here all liquid though. Lost 9 pounds and surgery is Monday. scared because I see people losing 15-20. Wishing for the best though. Good luck on Tuesday!