Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today was my mother in laws bday someone decided to bring a load full of Desserts my Down fall!!! I love me some cake and frosting :( I didn't try but let me tell you it was so hard not even to have a bite!! Then tonight for my family I made a sausage and potatoe casserole with low fat mushroom Soup and onions low fat cheese and garlic smells so good another ugh moment!! Even though I made it healthier still couldn't eat it!!Omg this is so hard!!

Way to stay strong!!! You're on the road to success!!

Yes, but you made it through and that's the best part. Good for you!

Yes, sounds like a major suck situation but you got through it! Way to go!

The very best thing about my adherence to the liquid diet for the past 4 weeks (2 pre & 2+post) has been that I no longer think about food all the time.

I took a break from cooking meals, planning menus and such for my family. I loaded up the fridges and freezers for them prior to my surgery.....and then loaded up the cabinet on Protein powder for myself.

I honestly don't think about food, meals, cooking, etc until I log into here and see everyone discussing wanting to eat this and that.

It simply is not a priority.

The relationship has changed.

That being said....I cooked for my family yesterday. Nothing special: pot of homemade chili, beer brats and sweet potato fries. I never even taste tested the chili but was told that it was great. It felt good to cook something for them.....but felt great to be detached from the focus on my eating/not eating/etc.

Food is not my issue any more.

It was easy for me. I never cooked or anything on my work days. My wife took care of those days.

It was something fun for me to do on my days off.....fire up the grill, crock pot or other and mix a drink, have a beer and conjure up a feast.

Nice to know that that I can do so.....get the enjoyment of making my family happy......and not drag myself into age old battle.

People that continue to stay food focused are tormenting themselves. We gotta break loose and establish our own terms. Food is really not all that important. We no longer live to eat. It's a powerful feeling to reach that point.

i am hoping when i get to the liquid phase that my hubby can fend for himself usually i am the one that cooks unless he has a hankering for his sausages or turkey burgers but i know he cant live on those for 8 weeks

Well I defintley wish I didn't have to do the cooking but my boyfriend works very hard two jobs so I need to. I will say I did this surgery for joint reasons bad knees in pain everyday I was not depressed I was very happy person ..was I unhealthy yes but I had no other issues no diabetes perfect blood pressure ect.. But that would of changed the path I was going. I just loved the taste of food even healthy I ate everything healthy and unhealthy. So this will be very very difficult for me. I wasn't a person who was like oh I not going to go out because I look like fat not my attitude I have and had confidence I was a awesome person outgoing someone if someone said something about my weight shrug off he shoulder didn't care. I actually feel like I am depressed now then prior to surgery!! I wasn't one to eat a whole lot either in one sitting the most I could eat was two slices of pizza with maybe some fries and onion rings at a sitting and I see skinny people eat a lot more than me!! Haha

I did not cook for my family at all until thanksgiving which was 8 weeks post op for me. I could not tolerate the smell of most food until that point.

Even now my husband will go get some crap food (as I call it) that I would have craved or eaten prior to surgery. I cannot stand the smell of it and have absolutely no desire to eat it at all.

I will say later on, my desire for food came back but the good news is I look forward to good quality Protein and veggies. I savor what I now choose to eat. It is healthy and delicious and I look forward to planning and cooking meals. I rarely look forward to eating out because I cannot control what restaurants put in my food.

Tonight we are going to an Italian restaurant with friends we haven't seen in some time. I already know I will be ordering fish and a salad but honestly I could care less about the food. I look forward to seeing our friends and then looking at Halloween decorations together.

Your relationship with food will change if you embrace that change fully. I no longer live to eat, I eat to live.

i am hoping when i get to the liquid phase that my hubby can fend for himself usually i am the one that cooks unless he has a hankering for his sausages or turkey burgers but i know he cant live on those for 8 weeks

He'll make it.

He can take it as a show of support for you.

There are enough outstanding microwave meals in the freezer section of the grocery store that even the heartiest eater can find outstanding variety. A lot of them are really healthy, too.

Option aplenty.

Dudes tend to be fairly adept at getting our hunger taken care of. It's just a few weeks and then you may be ready to enjoy the cooking, who knows ?

Today, I made them some burritos using grilled chicken tenders, leftover chili from yesterday, cheese, frijoles and a bag of microwave steamer Tex-Mex vegetables all wrapped up in the low-carb tortilla wraps.

Never tasted tested anything....just trusted and believed in past methods.

Had my kitchen bluetooth speaker rocking some great new tunes I bought for the gym while I got everything together. Right to the table at the exact moment my son walked in the door from school. Kid is always famished at this time. He's tall and ultra lean, but goes into carnivore mode when old dad is at the helm of the grill or stove. I always try to cook stuff he likes. It makes me feel good to see him go into T-Rex mode on his Protein. He's a great kid, great student and eats like an army of one. He has a preference for meats, fowl, fish and mostly healthy carbs....with occasional breads. I used to keep more junk food around....brownies and chocolate....he seldom partakes.

It's been a funny discovery this past month how long these sugary treats now last since they are off my menu. There's a couple boxes of Little Debbie Snacks.....that have lasted a month now. Funny. Getting adjusted to my new menu has them no longer having any appeal for me....but something I want around for others if they want them.

He said he was glad to have me back slinging the hash. I told him it'll be inconsistent.....but I'm getting my sea legs back and things are going to be getting back to normal.

He looked out back and saw smoke coming from the neglected grill the other day and asked what was up? I told him that I was simply doing a high temp burn off to clean it up and get it ready for use. The grin on his face said it all. Damn, it feels good to be getting my life back.

Lean Proteins and vegetables from the grill is going to be great. Healthy Soups and stews will be on the way soon, too.

I did not cook for my family at all until thanksgiving which was 8 weeks post op for me. I could not tolerate the smell of most food until that point.

Even now my husband will go get some crap food (as I call it) that I would have craved or eaten prior to surgery. I cannot stand the smell of it and have absolutely no desire to eat it at all.

I will say later on, my desire for food came back but the good news is I look forward to good quality Protein and veggies. I savor what I now choose to eat. It is healthy and delicious and I look forward to planning and cooking meals. I rarely look forward to eating out because I cannot control what restaurants put in my food.

Tonight we are going to an Italian restaurant with friends we haven't seen in some time. I already know I will be ordering fish and a salad but honestly I could care less about the food. I look forward to seeing our friends and then looking at Halloween decorations together.

Your relationship with food will change if you embrace that change fully. I no longer live to eat, I eat to live.

Powerful, powerful statement.

Once again, you have clearly defined the patterns that I am striving to embrace in my new life.

I am really happy knowing that I'm doing things the right way this time around. It's only been a bit over two weeks.....but I feel like a new person. I can see how my day-to-day life will go and I'm grateful.

No complaints about the clothes getting baggy. Onward and downward. :D

Edited by Dub

Wow dub you might have to start a YouTube channel to show me how to make stuff like that I'm very limited in what I make in the kitchen mostly meat with some veggies and rice the hubby loves his rice

I love this statement you made, Dub:

People that continue to stay food focused are tormenting themselves. We gotta break loose and establish our own terms. food is really not all that important. We no longer live to eat. It's a powerful feeling to reach that point.

My surgery is Dec 1 (RNY) and I so want to get to that philosophy in my life!

@@Dub

YOU HAVE SUCH POWERFUL WORDS YOURSELF!

both posts you made in this thread were so powerful and so well written. Actually, I always like what you write. You are a true leader and are on your way to conquer this weight loss beast!

Anytime you comment, you are amazing and inspiring.

You go guy!

@@Djmohr

you ALWAYS have such wonderful and motivating comments! I also always enjoy reading what you have to say too!

@@Dub

YOU HAVE SUCH POWERFUL WORDS YOURSELF!

both posts you made in this thread were so powerful and so well written. Actually, I always like what you write. You are a true leader and are on your way to conquer this weight loss beast!

Anytime you comment, you are amazing and inspiring.

You go guy!

@@Djmohr

you ALWAYS have such wonderful and motivating comments! I also always enjoy reading what you have to say too!

Thank you !!!

I don't sugar coat stuff and simply throw out what's bouncing around in my head. I'd sure like to spare other folks form the pains and self-abuse that I put myself through.

No matter how much we tend to overcomplicate the reasonings and history of our own obesity.......the solutions are fairly simple and straightforward. That's not to be confused with easy.

Simple as in = straightforward & logical.

I can't say that easy comes into play very often, although, for most of the sleevers it is possibly easier if hunger is no longer in play.

Wow dub you might have to start a YouTube channel to show me how to make stuff like that I'm very limited in what I make in the kitchen mostly meat with some veggies and rice the hubby loves his rice

Rice lover ? Yup....that described me really well prior to wls. Uncle Ben's, Zatarians and other store brands now make rice that is flavored and in small microwavable bags. You simply stand the bag up in the microwave and nuke it for a minute. It's hot and ready in less than 90 seconds. He can now make his own rice with ease.

A staple in our house are frozen (pre-cooked) boneless chicken breasts. Easy to find in freezer section. Easy to microwave. Put a little BBQ Sauce on it with some rice on the side......bamsucka !!!!! Tasty meal.

Does he like salads? There are many salad kits in the grocery store that everything in them.....simply dump 'em out in the bowl and blend in all the toppings. My personal favorite prior to wls was Dole Sunflower Citrus kit. Outstanding flavor....even had bacon, sunflowers and a killer tasting dressing in it. One of these kits and a can of tuna is a big meal.

I love this statement you made, Dub:

People that continue to stay food focused are tormenting themselves. We gotta break loose and establish our own terms. food is really not all that important. We no longer live to eat. It's a powerful feeling to reach that point.

My surgery is Dec 1 (RNY) and I so want to get to that philosophy in my life!

You really need to read many of of Djmohr's comments and replies. Her posts are spot on.

Not only do her posts drive home the truth........she comes to these levels of understanding while going through way more than just the weight loss surgery. She's been through more pain, surgery, recovery than I can comprehend, yet she remains positive and firmly committed.

She is a real hero here and I respect the heck out of her.

Please do yourself the favor of reading her posts. Smart, articulate and wise.

How do i go about finding "DJMOHR's" posts?