Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 11... No energy at all.

Just hang in there. It's normal to feel wiped out for a few weeks. And yeah, it can seem like it gets worse before it gets better... maybe because all the fun drugs and fluids they pumped you full of in the hospital have left your body, and the whole ordeal of surgery catches up to you.

yah it's very typical. i felt really tired most of the two weeks post op and even sometimes now. i think you're body is just adjusting.

You are less than two weeks out from major abdominal surgery. Your body is working overtime to heal. Fatigue is completely normal, especially if you are trying to do too much. Don't let the teeny incisions fool you, you're hard at work from the inside out.

It's also normal to have a day when you feel better, you do more than usual, and you're wiped out for a day or two afterward. Hang in there!

I agree major surgery, it will take a while. Personally for me, it was 4 weeks before I had energy again. You will get there soon, keep drinking Water and protein!

I has surgery on oct 22nd. I am wiped after a full shift at my desk job. I get home, shower, and rebandage my incisions and all I can do is go to bed. Very typical for any major surgery.

I really didnt start feeling a lot of energy back until week 6

Then felt pretty much normal at 3 months

Then felt more energetic than before at month 5

Just keep doing what you are supposed to do and it will happen!

Third week here.

Running out of gas every freaking single day......mid-afternoon.

I'll go out and run errands to get out of the house and get stuff done prior to returning to work this weekend and will have to stop and rest.

Made a big, big discovery this morning, though, that may very well explain some of it. It may or may not be applicable to you. After years of being treated for high blood pressure.......things may now be swinging the other way.

Last time mine was checked was 6th day post-op. 140's/90's. This is about what it's been running during my last few years.

Today.....I checked it again 23rd day post-op.....106/60. I've not had my meds yet this morning and will not be taking them until my doctor calls me back and advises.

There is no doubt that some, if not most, of my weakness is from daily periods of low blood pressure.

The tides are turning.

Not sure if this may be something you are feeling, too.

Besides sticking to the Water and Protein, does anyone have any ideas to get my butt in gear. I feel I'm getting weaker not stronger.

I see the doctor in two days on wed. Hope to be put on Vitamins or something. Would love any suggestions, thanks!

Are you on no Vitamins or supplements at all?

@@Dub - That is normal. My first few weeks I needed a mid day nap most days. That's your body recuperating from major surgery. I went with it and even started planning for it in my day. However that's different than having no energy or being weak.

@Dub - YES!!! I did the same thing. My BP dropped after about 25 lbs, I cut my dose in half. I was also on Vitamins from day 1. Stay hydrated as well. It will make you feel sluggish. I bet its the BP meds....

Congrats!