Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First, thank you all for your advice and replies! Sorry it took some time to get back. I should've listened to you all and my gut, but the crappy surgeon had a cancellation and I jumped at it. I'm 4 weeks post op.

The surgery went well. After the pre-surgery visit on holding, I didn't see me surgeon again. Still haven't... He has ARNPs do all his aftercare.

Looking back, I wish I would've gone with Puget Sound Bariatrics. They have quite the support system in place. Presently, I have none.

Thanks again all!!

To be honest I saw my surgeon for my 2 week post op visit and the rest of my f/u's have been with the NP and the rest of the team. Unless you have complications he doesn't participate in the f/u's. However the rest of the team are people that I also saw at each pre-op visit so I don't feel neglected. They are also very responsive if I email with a question.

I think you have to feel safe and trust the people that are going to be taking care of you and guiding you through this wonderful life changing experience...i was verrrryyyyy lucky...I had wonderful doctors and nurses and staff in general..

Which office are you having issues with? Just curious cause I am in the Seattle area and having similar issues with NWWLS.

I assumed I was going to be seeing the office/team rather than the surgeon when it came to follow up. In reading reviews of one of the Seattle area surgeons (a different office than I went with), it became fairly clear this was common practice. Anyway I wasn't surprised when my assumption proven correct. However it would be nice if they somehow brought that up so others didn't have to wonder how things would happen.

Edited to add I have been well served by my surgeon and his office :). I got to thinking I didn't come out and say it earlier. I have not been through any dramas or serious issues in my short sleeved life (knock on wood), but most of the group there have been through WLS, and/or seem to know their stuff.

Edited by Halfagain

i think it is so important to have a great connection with the surgeon who will be working on your insides, let alone the staff. I adore my doctor's repore with his patients and feel confident as i get closer to my date. almost time to set it!

Thank everyone SO MUCH for the input!! I'm having a consultation with another surgeon tomorrow! I figure, at least I can get an idea of how another surgeon/staff approach the surgery and patient experience.

I did contact my insurance and they advised it is possible to switch; however, I will have to resubmit the paperwork for approval (AGAIN). But, I do understand that is necessary.

Again, thank you all so much for reminding me to "trust my gut".

Can I ask which office you were having issues with?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Yes, please private message me if you are not comfortable saying in the public forum, but I would really like to know if the office you hated is the one I'm currently working with.

I'm working with Swedish on Columbia in downtown Seattle. https://www.swedish.org/services/swedish-weight-loss-services

They were really not responsive to me when I started contacting them at the beginning of this year, but that might have been because of COVID - I don't want to ding them on something they don't have control over, but I also don't want to go further into the process if this office is not great. Since they have reached out to me in June to start the process they have been responsive, but I also don't want to find out they suck after I'm too far into the process.