Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here is a fun topic, we can kind of go back in time and see where we were; Last Meal

I had a week of last meals before pre-op started! chicken nuggets and fries from McDonalds, chicken Lo-mein and crab ragoons, pizza and breadsticks.

I am looking at trying a lo-me in type recipe with spaghetti squash or zucchini zoodles. I miss Chinese flavors!

I'm not close to my pre-op yet but for my last meal it will be unlimited sushi

My last meal was garlic fries and a bottle of Water at a concert! The next day was my pre-op visit and she started me on the pre-op liquid diet earlier than most to be proactive with pre-op weight loss and liver shrinkage.

Had I known that the meal I had the night before was going to be my last, I would've definitely had way more to eat at the concert than Garlic Fries! LOL

But, absolutely no regrets here :)

shake shack. Double cheeseburger with cheese fries and a strawberry shake.

Turkey BLT with avocado sandwich from Panera. Was not my plan. But my date was changed and I had to start pre-op next day! My last day is tomorrow and I can't WAIT!!!

Oh, jeez. I spread mine out over a month, including:

*turkey cheeseburger with caramelized onions, mayo and cheese and a salted caramel milkshake

*Papa Johns Tuscan six cheese pizza, cinnamon and sugar dessert knots, and plenty of regular Coke

*a honking huge bowl of sugary Cereal

*a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese

The mac and cheese was the last thing I had before pre-op Clear liquids. It gave me indigestion and reminded me of how I used to eat stuff even knowing it was going to upset my stomach. It was madness. I was so ready to be done with that lifestyle. I can't say what a relief it is for food not to have that hold over me.

Edited by gpmed

@@winklie PF Changs with my family :P

Three days before my surgery I went to my church fundraiser internation food day so I ate the following in small portion dal and chuckney, tamal, tuna causa and samoan raw fish in coconut milk. All the small portions became one large portion. That was my only meal all day.

For my last meal, I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries from Five Guys. The weekend prior, I went to Cheesecake Factory, I had chicken alfredo and added sun dried tomatoes. They have humongous servings (took 3 days to finish). I completed my meal with their turtle cheesecake. Delicious!

*** A word of caution, this is not a thread that is meant to make anyone miss a food. I simply thought it would be nice to look back at where we were, and sort of compare our mindset then to now. This is really a deeper thread than the title would indicate. Do I miss Chinese food, I sure do, but, and this is the critical bit, I have not told myself I can never eat it again. To do so I would start to obsess over the food. I tell myself, someday. Same with candy bar, perhaps some day I will be able to tolerate a bit of a candy bar. Not that I want too, but I like all my options open.

@@winklie I figured that's why you started the thread and I like it! It's nice to look back and see how my headspace has changed, even if it's just been five weeks. I'm really starting to feel what others have said, that nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Right now in the honeymoon phase I am trying to "record" how good it feels to break out of unhealthy habits, so I'll remember it later. I never want to go back!

My son took me to Outback and we went all out. From appetizer (blooming onion!) right through to desert (cheesecake!). A big juicy steak has always been my favorite meal so I figured this was the perfect "send off" for me. :P I left so stuffed I felt like I never wanted to eat again! Funny thing I've noticed since surgery, I haven't craved this kinda stuff once so far. :)

My "last supper" was pizza and a bottle of cabernet!

Although, I'll admit, I had many "last suppers", lol… Even made a list of places I just had to go to before surgery!

PF Changs

Vic & Anthony's

El Tiempo

Shogun

Chick fil A

… Unfortunately, the list is long!

I agree, this is a fun topic and, as you mentioned, it is interesting to compare our mindset from before to the way we feel now… I gag a little just thinking of all these foods now! Not saying that I will never crave them again, but I've learned so much in this journey and know those foods will never have the same hold over me again.

@@irishaggie

I recall hearing someone in the lifestyles modification classes I had to attend say something that struck a chord with me. She said she felt like she was "saying goodbye to and old friend" every time she checked off the final eating of a food.

It struck me for two reasons, first, I eat because I have too, I am by no means an emotional eater, I just don't have that kind of relationship with food. And secondly because I think she needs or needed this was awhile ago, a different therapy, as I cannot even imagine, thinking of food in those terms. I see food as an object not something I have a relationship with.