Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orbera Success strategies

I feel pretty good , it takes awhile to get use to it . Small portions several times a day works best for me

I've been doing pretty good until today. I feel super nauseous. My stomach is contracting a lot around my balloon baby (as I lovingly refer to it). I'm down 8 lbs. 30 more to go.

Edited by SLSH

it's all about listening to the body.. i'm just incredibly aware that i'm a reactionary eater.

I had the Orbera balloon placed on November 11, 2015. So far I have lost 22 lbs. The first two weeks was really bad for me. I felt I was stuffed all the time, severe nausea/vomitting and acid reflux really bad!!! My nutritionist said the cause of vomitting could be that I'm eating carbs. I was eating crackers, bread, brown rice. She suggested low carbs and I haven't felt bad this week since I stopped eating carbs. So now my diet consist of Protein, Protein and more protein!

How is everyone today? I'm still on liquids here. Still having bouts of vomiting. I am ready for the miserable feeling to leave!!! And even though I'm not hungry, I am ready for some real food!!!

I was only on liquids for a week. Today I'm doing pretty good. My dietician told me to try to eat 1200 calories a day so I have enough energy to work out at the gym. There's no way I can eat 1200 healthy calories right now. I'm still trying to go to the gym but can't work out at the level I was pre-balloon. I have about 30-34 more pounds to go to my goal. (My BMI was 27.5 when I got the balloon).

I haven't vomited in a week since I backed off carbs!!! I am trying today not to take the Phenergan! So far so good!

I haven't thrown up ever. Just dry heaved the first few days. I still have days where I feel like I'm getting over the stomach flu and days where I feel totally normal. Every day is so different.

My Dr. texts me every few days to check on me. He's great. Today I asked him if I should be able to feel the balloon down by my belly button. He called me instantly and told me this was normal. But to watch it if I feel like it's blocking the outlet of my stomach. I didn't know that the stomach could be so low. Anyway, now I look like I'm pregnant. :)

SLSH you have a very good Dr. I was sent home with instructions on paper of what I need to do. On the instructions it states someone would be contacting me the first few days after the procedure. I was given e-mail addresses and told anytime I had a question they would love to hear from me!!! I have yet to get a phone call. I have e-mailed them and I get rude uncaring generic answers from them. My 2 week appointment is Wednesday. My doctor will hear what a pathetic staff he has!!!

Joni I'm sorry that you're not getting support. These first few weeks are so strange that I've had a lot of questions and he has had a lot of questions for me. The first week he texted me every single day. Now it's occasionally, but he told me i can text him any time.

I'm my Dr.'s first balloon so he is very interested in how I'm doing so he can help other patients.

I just got the orbera balloon on Wednesday. 3 days ago. I didn't experience the side effects of nausea or vomiting. A little stomach cramping. I've already been able to incorporate some semi solid foods back. Haven't lost any weight yet. I'm wondering if this is really going to work? I started at 183 and want to lose like 30lbs. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks!

I started out at 193 and hope to lose 30-40 lbs. I'm 5'11. I'm down 13 lbs in a month. 6 of that was the first few week when i was incredibly sick. But I only lost 1 lb the first few days. Then on day 4 I went down 4 lbs. I think the IV fluids plus your body adjusting will take some time.

Also I was only on liquids the first week. And I made sure I only ate 1 cup or less of anything when I started eating solids.

How is everyone doing...roll call