Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hair loss , growth = faith and hope

I am 11 months out and 5 lbs short of goal. I had given up on any regrowth of my hair. My loss was severe with the look of male pattern baldness in front. Well, I am happy to announce that it is growing back and growning back with vigor. I am taking prenatal Vitamins and Biotin with sucess but it took all this time to see results. For those of you who have had the same experience, don't loose faith. It will grow back for sure it will. Give it time... Then you can smile at your beautiful hair and nails and the beautiful, healthy body you now have at any time in your journey. God bless your travels to good health.

I'm so happy that your hair is finally growing back. And that you're so close to goal too. Congrats!

Yeah!

Every doctor I have seen about this has told me not to worry that as soon as my weight loss slowed down, my hair would stop shedding.

They were right for sure! After 12 long months of which 9 I shredded about 2/3 to 3/4 of my hair volume.

Now, I have short hairs poking up everywhere and the shedding has finally completely stopped. It actually is funny and if I wasn't so happy to see all those beautiful new hairs I would be annoyed because I swear I look like alfalfa from the little rascals!

Everyone going through this just really needs to have faith, it will come back!

Thank you so much for this post Homecie, I really needed it. Just the other day, I spent the morning crying after washing my hair and realizing how much has fallin out. Being over weight my whole life, made me feel like all I had was my long hair so this side effect of the surgery was very hard on me. I'm hopeful now tho :)

Yes, thanks for the comments. I am 4 1/2 months post RNY and am beginning very noticable hair loss. Plus my hair is very dry now. I've lost 65 pounds, so I'm still very happy. I bought a really expensive shampoo/conditioner at the stylist's, but not doing that again. Found some cheaper today at Sally's (hope it works better) and have been religiously taking my Biotin. I still struggle daily with getting close to enough Protein, so I know that's the problem, but I get so sick still from so many things.

I know this didn't help but I just wanted to join the conversation. :unsure: Thanks for listening. And best wishes. It's a journey, that is for sure! So glad people are saying it grows back. Faith is the key.

I am loosing my hair by the hand full daily ! I'm close to bold in front !! I have always been a big girl but at least I had "good" hair. I am having such a hard time with this ! I'm 13 months post opt . Doing great diet and weight wise. Mentally not so great the changes are so hard to accept and adjust. The Hair loss is just the one causing such stress right now. I've read the post take my supplement eat my Protein I hear you say keep faith. But today it is gone right down the drain with my hair.

I hope no one thinks I'm shilling for the company, but I use Toppik powder for my hair loss due to PCOS and it hides the thin Patches really well. It's not as great for where you part the hair (I still use it on that part anyway) but awesome for hiding spots elsewhere. I feel naked without it. It's not perfect by any means but it's the best thing I've tried so far for a little help.

I use wide head bands creatively and I also invested on a partial wig that I use with a headband. My hair blends in quite well. I've been thinking of buying a couple of hats now that cold temps have set in. My fingers are crossed for it to grow back. I have lost a lot. I'll check out toppix too. Thanks. Do I find that at, Sally's?

One thing that helped me was I began taking liquid silica added to my Water. Then I started taking a powdered marine collagen added to my water. My Hair loss has slowed way down and some days I don't have any loss at all!!

Also, my hair is shinier and softer.

Everyone is different, but that's what worked for me.

Thanks for the hope. My hair is coming out fast and my part is getting very wide! I washed my hair in the shower the other day and my hair blocked the drain. I am going to try some of the liquid silica.

Well...you just made my night! ????