Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks beyond surgery still hungry 2,200 calories a day what's wrong?

Man I wanted to read the whole thread before I posted but holy fuck yeah butcher is definitely what I would go with my god

That isn't normal. First, at 3 weeks out, according to my surgeon and NUT, you should be only on puréed food so not Lean Cuisines. Also your pouch is only supposed to hold 2-4oz of food for a meal. Something is definitely not right. Please talk to someone right away.

That isn't normal. First, at 3 weeks out, according to my surgeon and NUT, you should be only on puréed food so not Lean Cuisines. Also your pouch is only supposed to hold 2-4oz of food for a meal. Something is definitely not right. Please talk to someone right away.

You have to read the whole thread.

@@heather5565

In cases like this it should be mandatory to read the entire thread before posting. See my signature.......

I felt like I could eat a lot after my surgery, but I knew I shouldn't so I had to cut myself off. But, recently I have been starting to feel full after little meals. I was worried they actually didn't do the surgery because i was still hungry.

@@lifeofblair

Same here. I felt no restriction at all post op. I stuck to the diet, and about a month afterwards I noticed a strange uncomfortable like feeling in my chest when I was just about done with my measured portion. I realized I was full and stopped eating. Strange that it took so long. And I do not get that sensation very often, but I do not eat big meals, I really watch my intake and outtake and tend to eat more, smaller meals over the course of the day. The goal is >100 oz Water > 100 grams of Protein and < 1000 (Ideally) 900 calories. Oh and at least 60% of my calories from Protein.< /p>

I'm sorry you're going through this. Doctors definitely do mess up sometimes. I had gastric sleeve surgery in September 2014, but stopped losing weight three months post-op. I was always hungrier than everybody else in my support group who had the surgery around the same time as me and I always told the nutritionist that I could eat more, which she said was good and that it meant I was recovering faster. I moved to a different part of the country for school in August 2015 and started seeing a new facility for my continued care. The new doctor wanted to get familiar with my stomach and ordered an upper G.I. and an endoscopy. He saw that my stomach was the same size as someone who had never had the surgery and the endoscopy showed I had an hpilori infection. The new doctor put me on antibiotics immediately and began discussing my options with me. I have opted for a revision surgery to switch my gastric sleeve to a gastric bypass, which I'm having on Dec 15 (currently on pre-op liquids only). When I had to submit my paperwork to the insurance to pay for this new surgery, I had to get my surgical report from my previous surgery. In that report I noticed that my previous doctor knew I had that same infection (it tested positive from the stomach sample) and did nothing about it- and didn't even tell me I had it. My new doctor was shocked that I had this untreated infection in my stomach for almost a full year. He said that the inflammation from this infection is what could've caused the inflammation in my stomach to make it as big as it is now. He also said he couldn't believe the other surgeon wouldn't treat this because it puts me at a high risk for Post-op ulcers. I contacted my old doctor to see what he had to say and I got a standard reply from the hospital that shifted the blame away from them. They said it was not a standard procedure to notify people or treat them for this infection, even though every Bariatric Health professional I've talked to since then has said that's crazy. All in all, I am trying to Move on and focus on my new surgery. My new doctor explained that I won't have the same weight loss now as if I had had this surgery the first time, but I'm hopeful. Another disappointment from my previous surgeon is that he told me that I should get gastric sleeve, even though I wanted gastric bypass, because he said they don't do gastric bypass anymore unless the patient has diabetes, which I didn't have. So I went with the gastric sleeve because of his recommendation, but now my new surgeon has explained that that is simply not true and that gastric bypass is actually the more successful and clinically proven long term weight-loss solution, whether you have diabetes or not. So I feel your pain having to deal with dumb doctors and I hope you find someone to help you correct the problems. I also hope you find peace with it and know that any weight-loss failures are not your fault. I wish you the best with your health and would be happy to answer as many questions as I can about revisions if it comes down to that for you. Cheers. ~H

Wow what a story that is. Sounds like you're in the same boat Hanida as I am. It sure is tough right now deciding to do the whole thing all over again. What a nightmare the first round was. I guess this time I better make sure the Dr. is a really good one. It's definitely not going to be the same one again.

Today is the day. Later this morning I go back to the Dr. to see what he has to say about my test results. I expect he will say everything looks pretty good. I'm going to have to show the results to another Dr. out of town because I can't count on this guy to tell me the truth about anything now.

Good luck Hanida on your upcoming surgery!!! I'm ready to have another one as well and get this done right. Getting on the scale now I'm 280. I was 307 to start. I haven't lost much in weeks. The only way I will be able to is a traditional diet. And I have failed at those time and time again throughout my life so I don't have a lot of confidence in that working.

@@Dallas Powell

Good luck at your appointment! I am curious what he will say-- I mean how can he say things look good? Crazy!

Update when you can--

Edited by TMG1980TMG

@@Dallas Powell Good luck brotha! Hopeful you get the answers you need and can move forward to get things corrected!

Looking forward to your update!

Wow. I really have no words other than I am so sorry you're going through this. I really hope that Dr. Douchebag gets what he deserves.

I'd speak to a lawyer (or 2 or 3) and see what they think. It doesn't cost anything for the phone call consult. It sounds like The Butcher isn't willing to "fix" your bypass. And to tell you he wants to see you after the new year? That's just crazy.

Tell the doctor you need to see him, asap. One of the main reasons we get RNX is to reduce hunger. He needs to complete the job he was paid for.

I'm sorry you have to go through this b.s.