Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT scars what's typical

No massages.

My scar is horizontal only, but all the way around since I had a 360 lift. I wore the binder a couple of weeks, I think. I didn't put anything on my scars and they are mostly invisible at about 14 months postop. I have a couple of areas in the back that separated and took months to heal, and those areas are red and wide.

did you get any lymphatic massages
thank you so much for answering this and clarifying this, I was told if I didn't get massages I could possibly get seroma , have a great day, and congratulations on all of your progress

I'm currently recovering from a TT, arm lift, and panni. I'm 8 days post op.

I stayed one night in the hospital. That one night was covered by my insurance under the panni. I think paid 7k for the TT and 3k for the arms. Or 6 and 4. Something like that. It was another 10k anyway.

It's been a tough week, but I'm super happy.

No massages.

My scar is horizontal only, but all the way around since I had a 360 lift. I wore the binder a couple of weeks, I think. I didn't put anything on my scars and they are mostly invisible at about 14 months postop. I have a couple of areas in the back that separated and took months to heal, and those areas are red and wide.

did you get any lymphatic massages
thank you so much for answering this and clarifying this, I was told if I didn't get massages I could possibly get seroma , have a great day, and congratulations on all of your progress

I never got massages either and recovered very quickly and easily. No residual swelling after maybe six weeks and certainly no seromas.

That does seem like a lot of extra money to upgrade to the Tummy Tuck. That's about what mine was without any insurance kick in.

I don't think a regular tummy tuck with help with the back. A 360 lift or a vertical incision (anchor lift) would be needed to address that.

Thank you everyone for your responses and hope everyone has a speedy recovery and beautiful results

Hi, I'm 7 days out from my abdominoplasty (9lbs of skin removed) and I have a vertically incision. I had talked to my surgeon just before they took me in for my surgery and asked not to have staples put in. She agreed because of the tracks they leave. To my surprise I have all staples. I am very upset/disappointed. The surgeon said they had to use the staple because of time. I go tomorrow and have my staples removed. Has anyone else had all staples and had a good result with the scarring

Angie

I am so sorry that you ended up with staples. What did your doctor say about scar expectations? I am 7 weeks post op but I did not have any staples at all.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope someone can help you to make the scaring less.

All I know is that using the micropore tape for 12 (yes 12) weeks makes the scars flatter and finer for a stitched scar so maybe it woudl flatten and support a staple scar? I guess it is worth a go if nobody else can offer any help. 3m micropore tape is cheap and you just cover the scar with it - Remove it to bathe then put back on again new after you get dried.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MC3SD/Wound-Care/Products/Wound-Care-Supplies/~/3M-Micropore-Surgical-Tape-Tan-1533-1?N=6232+4294925624&rt=d

After the tape comes off use something like E45 and massage the scars - I massaged mine every day twice a day for five years! (Then suddenly I started forgetting = No idea why) It kept the areas moist and comfortable.

It says here http://www.emaxhealth.com/1024/66/29393/some-simple-things-do-minimize-scars.html That the scar continues to mold and change for two years... So you can work on them - All is not lost yet and I hope you can make the scars in to less invasive ones....

Apparently the quicker they are removed the better they will scar and 7 days is pretty quick I would think.....

I really hope you can find a way to stop the scarring you are wanting to avoid. Maybe when they remove them they will tell you of a way to stop any scar coming from them - I do hope so and hope you can find a way past this.

post-180284-0-68206400-1451202349_thumb.jpg post-180284-0-60948100-1451202421_thumb.jpg

I hope these pictures help . I am not sure how to rotate them correctly. The first one is from the side as my horizontal incision goes about 2/3 of the way around my body. The second one obviously is the front. I had 4 pounds of skin removed 7 weeks ago. I have been wearing my surgical binder as well as a spandex tank top all the time with some nights off. I have also been using mepiform scar sheets since about three weeks out on most of my incision sites. I did have a second surgery for infection on my right hip so that area has healed more slowly but still looks great. I am not lying I still have pain an am using my pain medicine at night and sometimes when I am more active during the day, I went back to work at just under 6 weeks.

Edited by Bronco0605

attachicon.gif image.jpgattachicon.gif image.jpg

I hope these pictures help . I am not sure how to rotate them correctly. The first one is from the side as my horizontal incision goes about 2/3 of the way around my body. The second one obviously is the front. I had 4 pounds of skin removed 7 weeks ago. I have been wearing my surgical binder as well as a spandex tank top all the time with some nights off. I have also been using mepiform scar sheets since about three weeks out on most of my incision sites. I did have a second surgery for infection on my right hip so that area has healed more slowly but still looks great. I am it lying I still have pain an am using my pai medicine a t night and sometimes when I am more active during the day, I went back to work at just under 6 weeks.

thank you for sharing, you look absolutely amazing, congratulations on all of your progress, and I hope you have a speedy recovery

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hope these pictures help . I am not sure how to rotate them correctly. The first one is from the side as my horizontal incision goes about 2/3 of the way around my body. The second one obviously is the front. I had 4 pounds of skin removed 7 weeks ago. I have been wearing my surgical binder as well as a spandex tank top all the time with some nights off. I have also been using mepiform scar sheets since about three weeks out on most of my incision sites. I did have a second surgery for infection on my right hip so that area has healed more slowly but still looks great. I am not lying I still have pain an am using my pain medicine at night and sometimes when I am more active during the day, I went back to work at just under 6 weeks.

Your incisions look great for 7 weeks out. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your tips on wearing spandex. I need to go get some spandex tanks. I am 2 weeks out and I am still using my medicine. I am returning to work tomorrow but only 3 hours a day.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope someone can help you to make the scaring less.

All I know is that using the micropore tape for 12 (yes 12) weeks makes the scars flatter and finer for a stitched scar so maybe it woudl flatten and support a staple scar? I guess it is worth a go if nobody else can offer any help. 3m micropore tape is cheap and you just cover the scar with it - Remove it to bathe then put back on again new after you get dried.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MC3SD/Wound-Care/Products/Wound-Care-Supplies/~/3M-Micropore-Surgical-Tape-Tan-1533-1?N=6232+4294925624&rt=d

After the tape comes off use something like E45 and massage the scars - I massaged mine every day twice a day for five years! (Then suddenly I started forgetting = No idea why) It kept the areas moist and comfortable.

It says here http://www.emaxhealth.com/1024/66/29393/some-simple-things-do-minimize-scars.html That the scar continues to mold and change for two years... So you can work on them - All is not lost yet and I hope you can make the scars in to less invasive ones....

Apparently the quicker they are removed the better they will scar and 7 days is pretty quick I would think.....

I really hope you can find a way to stop the scarring you are wanting to avoid. Maybe when they remove them they will tell you of a way to stop any scar coming from them - I do hope so and hope you can find a way past this.

Thank you for the website links and tips. I am definitely going to get the tape you recommend. My staples have been removed and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I am so glad it is not as bad as you feared. Hopefully the scars will fade well and you will be very happy with your results :-)

Edited by Scamp