Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT scars what's typical

Yes, I am saying the same thing. I don't care that it's not perfect - I wear it anyway. I call it my old lady bikini ;)

(Not sure why that pic loaded sideways)

post-169691-0-78657800-1449190222_thumb.jpg

Yes, I am saying the same thing. I don't care that it's not perfect - I wear it anyway. I call it my old lady bikini ;)

(Not sure why that pic loaded sideways)

And you ARE rocking it!!! Yay!

I have not posted in ages but I will jump in here. I am just 1 month post and only a few weeks post second surgery for a severe infection in my right hip. But i went for the vertical incision and even with everything I am so happy I did. Maybe someone can help me remember how to post pics I would love to show you all the outcome!

Jess and Michigan chick. I think I did miss what you where saying. Thank you for clarifying. I'm so appreciative for your feedback and for posting a pic. You look amazing!!!!!! So happy for you. You are rocking it!!!!! I have this perfection thing going on. Im at the gym all the time. My arms and legs armed ripped. I look so healthy but feel like such a fraud under the clothes. I feel like I have to be perfect. You are Helping me to realize I don't need to seek perfection like that. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncos is love to see the pics!!!!

I have not posted in ages but I will jump in here. I am just 1 month post and only a few weeks post second surgery for a severe infection in my right hip. But i went for the vertical incision and even with everything I am so happy I did. Maybe someone can help me remember how to post pics I would love to show you all the outcome!

Hi Bronco0605 - If you click the picture of the picture above (like an oblong with a kind of sun and mountain on it) That will bring up another window - You have to upload a picture somewhere else like photobucket - Get the url and post that in to that box and wahey - Your picture arrives...... That is always the way I do it anyways :-)

Can we upload from Facebook?

I choose the pic I want, and make sure it is saved to a location on my computer, and I can get to it easily. Then I open a post, and choose "more reply options" at the bottom. A new screen opens, and below the text box where you type is a big paper clip. Click on attach files and go find the picture you saved, then attach it. When you are done, click add reply.

I'm just a bag of nerves. My surgery is scheduled for Monday. I still feel confused and constantly wonder if I'm making the right decisions. Here are my the thoughts that are running through my mind.

1. I was approved for a pani. I'm paying extra for an abdominoplasty. It's still close to 7,000. That's still a lot of money. I'm not staying overnight or that would be another 850 to 1,000. I don't understand why it's so much money if insurance is covering some of it. Doesn't an abdominoplasty negate the need for a pani anyways? Is the only difference between a pani and an abdominoplasty the muscle tightening?

2. I'm wondering if my back will be helped at all with the TT? I opted to not do the vertical scar down the stomach. I was dead set against it but now I'm having second thoughts. Is it too late to change my mind?

This is a lot of money and probs a one shot deal for me. I just want to wear a

2 piece bathing suit but if I have hanging skin on my back then I won't be able to. Then I think why bother spending the money if I still don't like my body. As it is I'll have to wear shorts because of my upper thighs.

I'm sorry for the ramble but I'm so nervous and confused. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read.

I'd love any feedback or advise.

@@Meintraining I doubt the Tummy Tuck will do anything for your back. Depending on where you have skin, there are a couple of things that can help. You could have a 360 lift, or an upper body lift, where they lift at the bra line. I understand what you are saying. I also struggled with needing so much work done, and knowing it was never going be perfect. I will never have great legs, but pretty much everything else is great. I just do my best to get over it. I am fully clothed most of time, and I look pretty good due to the plastics I've had.

There's no way to know how it's going to look until you're done, but I'm sure it will be great!Good luck, whatever you decide.

I had what was supposed to be just a panni with vertical extension. I had so much upper abdominal skin it was definitely needed. Because of that incision the doctor was able to bring the skin in tight around my sides and back.Even though I am only six weeks out I am very happy so far.My doctor was awesome he included the muscle repair as well!!

Edited by Bronco0605

Wow Broncos! Your doc sounds awesome. Does having a vertical scar bother you? Do you have pics

Thank you Michigan Chic for taking the time to respond. I guess I'm hoping for a miracle that my back will miraculously look better. So much work needed so little funds for it. I may need the inverted T after all. This has been so confusing.

My scar is horizontal only, but all the way around since I had a 360 lift. I wore the binder a couple of weeks, I think. I didn't put anything on my scars and they are mostly invisible at about 14 months postop. I have a couple of areas in the back that separated and took months to heal, and those areas are red and wide.

did you get any lymphatic massages

I had what was supposed to be just a panni with vertical extension. I had so much upper abdominal skin it was definitely needed. Because of that incision the doctor was able to bring the skin in tight around my sides and back.Even though I am only six weeks out I am very happy so far.My doctor was awesome he included the muscle repair as well!!

For anyone that got a Tummy Tuck and /or pani did you get any lymphatic massages, post op?

No massages.

My scar is horizontal only, but all the way around since I had a 360 lift. I wore the binder a couple of weeks, I think. I didn't put anything on my scars and they are mostly invisible at about 14 months postop. I have a couple of areas in the back that separated and took months to heal, and those areas are red and wide.