Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48lb down but only one dress size!

HI Everyone!

I know people always say inches are more important than lbs etc but man it's frustrating i'm close to my 50lb down mark now (hoping to meet that for my birthday next week!) and obviously i'm pleased so far BUT I've only dropped one dress size, I was a US 18 and now i'm a 16.

I only have two pairs of work pants i rotate while going through weight loss and plan to do the same until reach goal, the size 16 ones I have are looking baggy and shabby and i have a conference to go to in a few weeks i need to look smart for.

So I rocked up to the shops expecting to be a solid 14 but no... couldn't get a single pair to do up over my stomach need to lose another good 3-4 inchs there to go down a size! I must have just stretched out the (cheap) fabric of my current ones making me think i'd lost a size :(

I was really disappointed. So still a size 16 after nearly 50lb loss and looks like i'll need to lose at least another 10 taking me up to 60lb lose to get there.

Anyone else having to lose 30lb+ to lose a single size at my kind of weight?

So frustrating those "normal" clothes sizes seem just out of reach and with it the racks of variety!

Edited by MsTwist

I had gained 25 over the past year and 1/2 and still in the same size....thankfully (I am revising from band to bypass Nov 30th. )

For some reason when I lose, it's always in the face!!!! Ugh not where I want it at first! Lol. Maybe you are losing elsewhere. Have you measured?

I have lost on my face like you and I think my upper body but guts and hips seems to be holding me back. I will just have to work hard for that next 10lb and get in smaller clothes, I think for now i'm going to have to accept i'm going to have to buy another couple of cheap size 16 pants to get me through until then as they really are looking shoddy/unprofessional!

It took 35+ lbs for me to go down a size but then it started going faster. I have lost 86 lbs and have gone from a 28 to a tight 18 in jeans.

Another thing could be your shape. I'm an equal opportunity fatty but have big arms and a small chest so while I can fit into smaller t-shirts if the fabric doesn't stretch the arms won't fit

Edited by Micdruss

I have the opposite issue. I am losing inches and in six weeks have gone from a tight 24 to a nice fitting 20 and even some 18's. But, the scale is barely moving.

Ugh!

I've lost 50 lbs and I've only gone down one pants size. I'm cool with that....the longer I can make my current clothes stretch....the better

I have lost 30 lbs and just went from an 18 to a 16 (mostly) in pants. I noticed that my tops were becoming bigger much quicker than my bottoms. I am now wearing at 14 or XL in tops where I was in an 18 before. I admit that i am feeling very frustrated with how slow my weight loss has been so I might not be the best response. <_<

I've lost nearly 40lbs pre op busting my butt big time, but unfortunately the only place I've lost it is my face and my boobs. I never had much of an ass to begin with but I have it all in the belly from my babies. I've dropped down to 3x in shirts and dresses if they swing, but on the bottom, I've lost just enough to make my pants/saggy undies embarrassing and not enough to fit the next size down. It's frustrating to look at.

yes Sajijoma, that's me too saggy undies and pants but still too big for the next size down - annoying huh! and Ashlegal that would drive me nuts too shrinking without seeing the scales moving, maybe I am stealing your weight loss numbers and you are stealing my fat loss :)

Some sizes have happened faster than others for me. I am 5 months out, -90lbs. Noticed a big difference at around the 70-75 lb mark and then again about 90! Also had more people commenting when I hit around -80. Strange, and frustrating when dressing for work!! But I will take it.

Im down 70 pounds from size 26 to now a 22 my hips need to shrink faster .I do work out 3 times a week hoping that will accelerate the process and trying to drink as much Water as possible

I am just like you! I'm almost 60 pounds lost and I am just now not fitting into my size 16. Someone once told me that every 10 pounds lost is a dress size and I was worried when my size wasn't changing. Obviously that's not true for everyone. I have lost a ton of weight in my face, butt and thighs and I also dropped a cup size in bras. :(

My stomach is slowly catching up. Don't be discouraged, it will happen soon enough! :)

I heard that one size in plus sizes is actually 2 sizes in regular clothes. This makes it harder to see results!

I'm only 2.5 weeks out and only 26 lbs down. Since surgery in only 8.5lbs down the rest is from pre surgery. I thought I would be more cause I follow the diet and exercise now that I am allowed. I only lost 4inches off my waist and 1 inch off my chest. I think I'm doing something so wrong.

Hang in there it'll happen. I decided I was going to be cheap and just pin my clothes at the waist. The shirts you couldn't really tell. Then one day, about 6 months after the surgery, I decided to try on some of my daughter's clothes just to see how far I still had to go. Well, you can guess what came next. Her clothes fit me (and still do). I had no idea that I had gotten that small. My belly causes some problems now with fitting clothes you just have to try on a lot. Switch brands, you may be surprised there. I bought some pants at Good Will and still to this day can't get them on, even though they are the same size as my others. Don't give up!! It'll happen :)