Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for testimonials from the ladies who have been sleeved and had PCOS? Anxious to see how the surgery affected your PCOS symptoms!

I was just sleeved on 10/14 and I have PCOS. I'm interested too. I know my surgeon already took me off the metformin but I still haven't discussed it with my pcp yet to see if she agrees. Anyone go back on it?

I have PCOS, but I can't share much, as I'm only 7 weeks post-op. I'm following this thread, as I'm curious about others experience with PCOS.

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Edited by ttdish

I have pcos and was sleeves december 2014. My hw was 300, pre liquid diet was 255, sw was 243 and i am 169 now. Went from a size 24 to a size 8 and have finally seen the inches dropping from the stomach area ... as we all know pcos loves us to carry it in the belly! I went off the metformin when i started the liquid diet as it made me dizzy and have not been back on it since. My Hair growth on my stomach and face has slowed dramatically and i found that while i had some hair thinnig it hasn't been too bad now that i am more than 9 months post op. I also stopped scrubbing it daily and use the dry Shampoo and only scrub 2 to 3 times a week which helped a lot.... think that is about it so far ????

I also had surgery on 10/14 and am very interested in th the sleeve and it's effects on PCOS symptoms. I've lost about 10 pounds which I think is a good amount of weight in less than a week, but I haven't done the research to determine if that number is average one week post op.

Dr's took me off metformin one day before surgery, which I was fine with until I remembered that metformin really controlled and regulated my periods. So I am going to inquire about going back on at a lower dosage so that I can continue to regulate my periods. My pre metformin periods were NOT FUN lol.

Edited by Csimmons2011

I to have PCOS. My sleeve date is Oct 22.

I was sleeved September 24, 2014. Was diagnosed with PCOS November 2013 and had a Mirena IUD inserted after my wacky period just stopped and left me with only spotting. Anyways, my highest known weight was 374, on my surgery date I weighed 327. I am now 202. I was wearing a size 28W or 5X, am now wearing size 14 or L/XL. My period started started about one week post-op. It wasn't regular after that...I still spotted, but it did start again. Recently though it's been in overdrive! I had 3 "periods" in July-August...still spot...crazy PMS abd Water retention. But I don't mind.

I have pcos and was sleeves december 2014. My hw was 300, pre liquid diet was 255, sw was 243 and i am 169 now. Went from a size 24 to a size 8 and have finally seen the inches dropping from the stomach area ... as we all know pcos loves us to carry it in the belly! I went off the metformin when i started the liquid diet as it made me dizzy and have not been back on it since. My Hair growth on my stomach and face has slowed dramatically and i found that while i had some hair thinnig it hasn't been too bad now that i am more than 9 months post op. I also stopped scrubbing it daily and use the dry Shampoo and only scrub 2 to 3 times a week which helped a lot.... think that is about it so far ????

Well that gives me hope. I am hoping for so many improvements regarding PCOS after this surgery is done. What you described above is what I am hoping to resolve...and then some. All I can remember is when I was smaller, my PCOS symptoms were nowhere NEAR this severe. I honestly had no idea I had it until I started putting on weight randomly which I could not remove, and of course my inability to conceive after getting married. Fingers crossed for all these cysters!

Me! I was sleeved 4 months ago and my periods are finally no longer irregular! PCOS was definitely a cause for that. Facial Hair growth has slowed, but hair on my head has been falling out more regularly which is scary. I am now a size 14 from being a 20. I am now 214 and started out at 288. Good luck to everyone getting their surgery soon!

Edited by cuchas

Hi girls! I had my surgery on 02/28/15 (8 months in a few days)

Height 5'4

SW 270 (didn't lose preop)

CW 213'sh (-56'sh)

I have been losing really slow.

I workout, drink Water, eat healthy, etc.

Facial hair is still the same, however, my beautician has noticed that some weeks I grow more facial hair that others. I have only had One period. Not even Spotting.

I mean, I'm not as far from my goal as I used to be, but it gets on my nerves the fact that I'm not losing weight as a regular woman.

I have PCOS as well. Just had surgery 10/9 so still too soon to know the effects. I can tell you that my period did start the day I got home from surgery which was 2 weeks earlier than normal and much heavier. Curious to see if/how it regulates. Following this thread. BTW, my wife had PCOS also and conceived a year and 100 pounds after her surgery date.

Not all overweight patients have PCOS. A lot of the missed periods can be just attributed to anovulatory cycles from the extra estrogen in your body from the fat cells. As you lose weight you end up with less fat and hence less estrogen which in turn allows you to ovulate. So unless your bloodwork showed evidence of PCOS aside from having skipped periods it may not necessarily be PCOS but anovulatory cycles because of excess estrogen. So losing weight will ultimately help decrease your risk of uterine cancer whether you have PCOS or not.

I have PCOS and had the bypass - my insulin resistance has been sorted out, the first time in my life I have had regular periods and I've lost 7 stone.

I'm so happy, I never thought I'd be in this position!!