Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Male Before and After Pictures

post-284259-14754615843503_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I will start sharing in here too. 6 months down the road post op, lost over 70 pounds, and I hit the gym 5-6 times per week, still more cardio than weight lifting. I do 15 minutes of elliptical as warm up, 30-40 minutes weights and work different muscle groups every day. I don't work on my legs as I run a 5k to finish my session. I start to see nice results in the back, arms and pectoral. Shoulders needs more work. I don't do as many abs as I should, but that is not my focus for now. I eat about 130 grams of Proteins per day when I work out and use C4 as pre workout. My training is in the morning (usually 6h45 to 8h15). I try to sleep at least 6h per night, but barely make it and it is a problem for me.

Mico.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1475461582.879080.jpg

Ok, so I will start sharing in here too. 6 months down the road post op, lost over 70 pounds, and I hit the gym 5-6 times per week, still more cardio than weight lifting. I do 15 minutes of elliptical as warm up, 30-40 minutes weights and work different muscle groups every day. I don't work on my legs as I run a 5k to finish my session. I start to see nice results in the back, arms and pectoral. Shoulders needs more work. I don't do as many abs as I should, but that is not my focus for now. I eat about 130 grams of Proteins per day when I work out and use C4 as pre workout. My training is in the morning (usually 6h45 to 8h15). I try to sleep at least 6h per night, but barely make it and it is a problem for me.

Mico.

Nice how many calories a day are you taking in? Just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1475461582.879080.jpg

Mico.

Nice how many calories a day are you taking in? Just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

I am usually between 1700 and 2000. Cals/days. When I don't train I am at 1300.

I've been recovering from a serious sinus/allergy infection so my gym time over the last 3 weeks are so has been limited. I'm hoping to get back into again starting today. Looking good by the way @@BigViffer

OK, it's been a while guys. We need some more activity up in this here thread. Tonight was a big evening for me. I have a bunch of s h i t going on right now so I have hit the weights with a heightened sense of focus. And it is finally paying off.

I got my deadlift up to 225lbs!

gallery_252425_24323_13711.jpg

Not the greatest quality, but it is from my form check video. I got my squat up to 185lbs, but my form check video showed that I was not getting deep enough, so I lowered the weight and and just trying to teach my body the form until it is muscle memory. Personally, super proud of this deadlift accomplishment. And yeah, I am kinda happy with how my chest, traps, and shoulders look!

@@BigTink2LilTink @Dub... I haven't heard from you guys in a while. How goes the progress? Avoiding injury I hope!

What an inspiration thread! Congrats to everyone for the great success and God Speed for the future

I am a week short of five months out form my surgery and my life has changed. I can move, I am off meds. I feel better than I have in years. I am down from a 50 waist to a 38; 2XL (snug) to L (fits loose) in shirts; 100 lbs overall! The journey has had its ups and down, and I am blessed to be supported by a wonderful and (very tolerant) wife! It has been so worth everything!

here go the pics:

Before - Nov 2014, 350+ lbs

tn_gallery_254994_23208_48791.jpg

Dec 2015 - 247 lbs

tn_gallery_254994_23208_778511.jpg

I can't get these to open

@@cbonet - nor can I. They were probably removed by the user or the location of them moved.

Ok, since there are not many updates lately , I will share my new accomplishments . I am now able to bench 200 and I am very happy about it. I also increased my treadmill to 6k 5 times a week with the last day being 9k in an hour. I am the best shape ever, to bad I am almost 43 .post-284259-1480434459221_thumb.jpg post-284259-14804344820548_thumb.jpg

@@Micoxv - dude, that's awesome! I have to admit that I have not focused on my chest as much as I perhaps should have. I have just been so focused on my squats and deads. You are beating my flat barbell bench by 35lbs. With a Starting Strength routine, I can get a clean 165 3x5. But I am struggling that last rep. Body weight is my goal on all the major lifts, so that keeps me focused on my weight too! If I gain too much weight, that's just that much more I have to lift and it's already hard as hell!

Oh, don't know if I mentioned it before, but I got my deadlift up to 240 and my squat to 200! I've been taking video for my form check, but no pictures.

Yep you did on your dead lift and I am working on it on my side of the ocean . 165 x 5 is already pretty good. Please keep posting on this as your achievements are a part of my motivation. we should actually open a contest to keep us doing our best!

Oh and did I mention that I am an early bird so I hit the gym at 6 am and there are a few youngsters that have been trying to friendly challenge me on a few excercises

It was painful (specially the next day ) but I was able prevail

To prevail

I think I remember you saying you were a early morning workout person. Hell, I am luck to make it to work 10 minutes early much less hours early for a workout.

Going under the knife tomorrow. Can't wait to join you guys. I have the squat rack in the garage ready. I got to bust my ass hoping to do a tough mudder with my brother and sister in law in July

Good luck with the surgery and looking forward to hearing from you on your progress!!! Great idea to setup goals. Mine is to run the 10 k in BCN in April under one hour... And it will be hard... Take care.