Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Male Before and After Pictures

Oh yeah, I've got major excess skin. It's beginning to become an issue with ingrown hair and rashes.

Sent from my phone, please forgive brevity and misspelling

Well.......found out yesterday that I am no Muhammad Ali.

I've not used a pre-workout drink in several years......until yesterday.

A buddy gave me some to try. Holy Hell, I was amped up.....too amped up. I went through my treadmill warmup and then on with my lifting session. Was pumped up and feeling great as I was walking towards the locker room......passed the heavy bags........and couldn't resist.

Jumped on that bag and spent a few mins beating the crap outa it........only to find later on yesterday that the bag beat the crap outa me. Dayum.....feel like I was ripped in half.

Pre-workout supplements + hardcore warfare music + gym = bad juju for this old boy.

I'm going back today.....but will go at it more slowly and carefully.....gonna sip on my BCAA drink and work through the soreness.......and I'll shoot the bird to the bag as I walk by it. lol

post-235010-14651554091133_thumb.jpg

This was taken a days ago. I Love posting in this thread cause it keeps me motivated to be the best version of myself! Just left the gym and took a video on my snapchat but don't know if we can upload videos.

Jumped on that bag and spent a few mins beating the crap outa it........only to find later on yesterday that the bag beat the crap outa me. Dayum.....feel like I was ripped in half.

Be very careful getting carried away with the body bag. You run the risk of fracturing the small bones in the hand and/or wrist and that will screw up the rest of your weight routine! I would recommend looking for the speedbag. You cannot hit it as hard as the body bag, and it is a great arm workout. The shoulders and triceps will be screaming in short order. Another great thing about the speedbag is that it teaches rhythm and patience. Once the bones in your hands have increased density from increased Calcium, Vitamin D, and exercise... then move on up to the body bag.

Also, those energy pre-workout supplements are forever banished from my routine. I remember using them before my workouts and thinking the same thing as you described. Nutrition and Vitamin based pre-workouts=good. Energy preworkout drinks=bad. If I need the extra enegry, I'll carb-load with some bran or shredded wheat!

Not trying to preach Dub, I'm just not very good at saying things without sounding gruff. I think its great all you are doing. I just want us all to succeed with as few setbacks as possible.

@@BigJnav3 - jesus man, I'm not going to lie; I am completely envious of your forearms. Mine look like dead branches of tree from Sleepy Hollow by comparison!

Awesome everyone and congrats 1 year from now i will be showing photos also. Im barely ending week 3 for on the week 4 ,and a stall after 2nd week and loosing 21 pounds. :(

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

@@yguess don't be too discouraged yet. You are going to be going through a lot of changes very rapidly these first few months. I can tell you though, take lots of pictures of yourself and take measurements. I wish I had more "before" stats on myself. It really is the best motivation.

@BigViffer... I like your description of your arms... mine are like tooth picks and so do my legs.

@@BigViffer i was doing a split that included my arms (chest & triceps, back & biceps), but adjusted my routine to have an "Arm Day" and I attack them from every angle.

What pre-workout did you use?

Well.......found out yesterday that I am no Muhammad Ali.

I've not used a pre-workout drink in several years......until yesterday.

A buddy gave me some to try. Holy Hell, I was amped up.....too amped up. I went through my treadmill warmup and then on with my lifting session. Was pumped up and feeling great as I was walking towards the locker room......passed the heavy bags........and couldn't resist.

Pre-workout supplements + hardcore warfare music + gym = bad juju for this old boy.

I'm going back today.....but will go at it more slowly and carefully.....gonna sip on my BCAA drink and work through the soreness.......and I'll shoot the bird to the bag as I walk by it. lol

Be very careful getting carried away with the body bag. You run the risk of fracturing the small bones in the hand and/or wrist and that will screw up the rest of your weight routine! I would recommend looking for the speedbag. You cannot hit it as hard as the body bag, and it is a great arm workout. The shoulders and triceps will be screaming in short order. Another great thing about the speedbag is that it teaches rhythm and patience. Once the bones in your hands have increased density from increased Calcium, Vitamin D, and exercise... then move on up to the body bag.

Also, those energy pre-workout supplements are forever banished from my routine. I remember using them before my workouts and thinking the same thing as you described. Nutrition and Vitamin based pre-workouts=good. Energy preworkout drinks=bad. If I need the extra enegry, I'll carb-load with some bran or shredded wheat!

Not trying to preach Dub, I'm just not very good at saying things without sounding gruff. I think its great all you are doing. I just want us all to succeed with as few setbacks as possible.

Thanks, mayne !!!!

You offer excellent advice.

The gym is just one of many minefields I've been wading through.

BigJnav, How is the split going? Did you ever make a thread on your workout?

Edited by BigTone78

It's been almost a month on my new regiment. I don't feel any significant strength increase, but I do believe I'm seeing a physical response. I'm going to keep doing it before I pass judgement.post-252425-14672265931747_thumb.jpg

It's been almost a month on my new regiment. I don't feel any significant strength increase, but I do believe I'm seeing a physical response. I'm going to keep doing it before I pass judgement.attachicon.gif IMG_20160629_132641~01.jpg

Nice man. I have to admit, I've incorporated some of your routine into my own and slowly but surely I'm starting to see some differences. Finally I say, FUCKING FINALLY! post-245068-14673704969002_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App