Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Male Before and After Pictures

4 hours ago, nomorefattypatty said:

You look amazing, great job!

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! I'm up about 8 lbs but I'm getting ready to start Keto (my husband finally agreed to do it with me!) so it should come back off pretty quickly. Plus I kicked the Coke (the brown liquid, not the white powder LOL) habit I let sneak in on me. Back to my Water.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, AshevilleEddie said:

Thanks! I'm up about 8 lbs but I'm getting ready to start Keto (my husband finally agreed to do it with me!) so it should come back off pretty quickly. Plus I kicked the Coke (the brown liquid, not the white powder LOL) habit I let sneak in on me. Back to my Water.

i have done a lot of study and self-experimentation with ketogenic diets going back 8 years.

i highly, HIGHLY suggest you not start any sort of keto dieting.

just kick the liquid calories. also realize that a bit of rebound pounds is normal.

8 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

i have done a lot of study and self-experimentation with ketogenic diets going back 8 years.

i highly, HIGHLY suggest you not start any sort of Keto dieting.

just kick the liquid calories. also realize that a bit of rebound pounds is normal.

I've been studying keto a lot too and discussed it with my doctor. I'm not going to do true keto. I did very low carb, moderate Protein for a long time. I lost 132 lbs, reversed my diabetes and sleep apnea and got my labs to normal. The only thing I'm going to do differently this time is increase my fat intake a bit. Nothing substantial (definitely not LCHF) and the fats I'm going to add are good ones like coconut, avocado, some olive and I'm adding in more fatty fish like tuna and salmon. I want to keep my Omega 3/6/9 ratios in balance. And like I said, my doctor is on board. I stopped the fad diets a long time ago.

@JohnnyCakes Keto is just another fad diet. There are so many fad diets and all have one common denominator: they all fail long term. I am determined to do one thing and that is track what I am eating for the rest of my life, like taking the Vitamins. Hell, I even made index cards to remind me to eat slow, chew 20x, liquids 30 minutes after eating, etc.

Edited by Mattymatt

How was the skin situation? I’m just curious because I’m nervous about that

I started working out regularly last July. I was losing weight, prior to then, pretty quickly, but it was leaving my skin very loose and flabby. Now, after a little more than 7 months of working out 6 days a week, I've been able to fill the lose skin with muscle, it's made a drastic impact on the flabbiness. My stomach and legs have the most lose skin, but it's not terrible, everything seems to be shrinking, slowly but surely. All in all, I'd say lifting weights and building muscle has reversed the skin issue.

Just curious- how is the skin situation after losing that much weight? I’m nervous about that

Well i have to say its not as bad as i tought its more evident in the arms, to help with loose skin ive been having ultrasound and massages in my stomach so its not really baggy, and on top of that i wear a bodyshaper to keep everything tight.

Sent from my D6503 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm actually going to a wedding photo shoot location and having some profile pics done, casual shots. Then visit the same location next year.

My surgery date is Tuesday, so no results.

I am an amateur/hobbyists photographer. Thinking about making this a business. That is doing photoshoots of pre-surgey people in the local popular spots. Then followup shots.

I know very well fat people don't like their pics taken, neither do i. But, having gone through the surgery, I might be able to make a connection to clients and provide a brief and inexpensive photo shoot that can be replicated by me or other photographers in the future

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

cQREPHr.png&key=913f75922f3bef3c5ea1c8c98f0413f02e559d7ffec169802f51e6d9c1c5c11e

Did you pose the second picture? I just had someone do some portraits of myself as a local spot. In intend to do that same poses again someday.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app