Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Male Before and After Pictures

First pic was July 11, 2015 on my first appointment with my trainer. I weighed in at 266 lbs and 17.25% body fat then. Today, 195lbs and 6%. My trainer and I focus on building lean muscle mass. I do cardio on my own. My VSG date was 10/14/2015.

post-264730-14575804231166_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Here's me a few weeks before my surgery April 2015

post-235010-1459297003717_thumb.jpg

Here's a recent picture of me. 113 lbs lost and a lot of hard work in the gym

post-235010-14592971381668_thumb.jpg post-235010-14592971591174_thumb.jpg post-235010-1459297178975_thumb.jpg

nice job @@BigJnav3 I was an april 2015 sleever too! im down 238lbs since and a gym freak now as well!

I think I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid of losing too much weight. I'm down to 190 lbs and I've been trying to bulk up back to 200 lbs. My trainer and I have tried to change my diet to minimize further weight loss.

Any suggestions?

man I was in the same spot! got down to 236lbs and was to damn skinny. I am in the bulking phase to gain weight right now myself and a its tough! im eating 3500 calories minimum all from whole food with the exception of 1 shake pre workout in the morning. meal timing is the key to get the food in due to our limited ability to intake a lot of food at one sitting. I do a half cup of jasmine rice with lean ground beef and veggies 3 times a day. baked fish or chicken with sliced sweet potato twice a day. I find as long as I get the carbs in before 3-4pm it doesn't bloat me bad. I go to the gym 2 times a day. 4am to do lifting and again at 730 pm for cardio. my last meal of the day is Protein only and is usually 4-6oz of ground turkey or sirloin at 6pm prior to cardio session. I am 256lbs today and my gain is all muscle. waist is steadily decreasing as im down to a 36 now from a 54 before surgery. try to eat more whole food but keep it lean! I say watch your waist instead of the scale! add as much food as you can handle as long as waist is either staying the same or decreasing...

not sure how to post pics other than in my gallery but here is a link to some of my pics on here. ill add some more this week!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/member/250028-oldbriannomore/

man I was in the same spot! got down to 236lbs and was to damn skinny. I am in the bulking phase to gain weight right now myself and a its tough! im eating 3500 calories minimum all from whole food with the exception of 1 shake pre workout in the morning. meal timing is the key to get the food in due to our limited ability to intake a lot of food at one sitting. I do a half cup of jasmine rice with lean ground beef and veggies 3 times a day. baked fish or chicken with sliced sweet potato twice a day. I find as long as I get the carbs in before 3-4pm it doesn't bloat me bad. I go to the gym 2 times a day. 4am to do lifting and again at 730 pm for cardio. my last meal of the day is Protein only and is usually 4-6oz of ground turkey or sirloin at 6pm prior to cardio session. I am 256lbs today and my gain is all muscle. waist is steadily decreasing as im down to a 36 now from a 54 before surgery. try to eat more whole food but keep it lean! I say watch your waist instead of the scale! add as much food as you can handle as long as waist is either staying the same or decreasing...

I'm down to a size 30 waist and wearing a medium shirt. I'll try your suggestions, they sound solid! At 5'9" and 6% body fat, I think I can't afford to drop much more weight and feel healthy.

im 6'6" so and a naturally big guy. but at my lowest weight I looked frail! the thing for us is we get addicted to the gym life and that is awesome but our metabolism gets so high we loose too much too fast and the normal bariatric diet no longer works for us. usually anything under 7% body fat you start to fatigue a bit but ive seen guys get lower. id say at you height and build at 200-205 at 7-8% body fat you would look and feel amazing! ever had your testosterone levels checked?

im 6'6" so and a naturally big guy. but at my lowest weight I looked frail! the thing for us is we get addicted to the gym life and that is awesome but our metabolism gets so high we loose too much too fast and the normal bariatric diet no longer works for us. usually anything under 7% body fat you start to fatigue a bit but ive seen guys get lower. id say at you height and build at 200-205 at 7-8% body fat you would look and feel amazing! ever had your testosterone levels checked?

I consistently have it checked. I'm on Testopel, Clomid and HCG. My urologist has done a great job getting my numbers up. I switched to Testopel from weekly injections in November. Also, he's started me on T3 (Nature-throid ). It was on the low side of normal in late January so I started it.

awesome! I know from all the brown fat we carried pre weight loss surgery it kills our testosterone levels. I was on androgel but am now on weekly injections, hcg and anastrozzle for an anti estrogen. it has made a huge difference in my strength and appetite too! try adding in whole lean food a bit at a time and I promise you will add lean muscle/weight! keep me posted!

I workout 5 days a week and limit cardio to no more than twice a week. No more than 15 minutes. My goal is to get to 250lbs and not be "skinny fat". So by doing this with a heavy Protein based diet, I've been able to slow weight loss down where I still gain muscle.

I also go to get a body composition analysis which breaks down my body fat %, muscle mass and tracks weight. I'll take a picture of it soon to show you guys.

post-235010-14593575600985_thumb.jpg

This is a huge tool in my success

I ALSO DO THESE TO MONITOR WHERE I AM... BIG HELP FOR SURE!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1459357556.063706.jpg

This is a huge tool in my success