Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greek yogurt:/ Yuck!

Wish I had a good answer for ya, but I feel kind of the same way. I'm not a big fan of plain yogurt. Was going to try some flavored Stevia, or sugar free Jello mix, or my Protein hot cocoa mix. Those have got to make it taste better, right? I wonder what chocolate or strawberry Protein Powder in it would taste like! Good luck. When is your surgery date?

I like the Dannon Light & Fit Greek. It comes in lots of flavors and the calories, sugars and carbs are low and the Protein is high.

http://www.lightandfit.com/light-yogurt/light-and-fit-greek/strawberry-cheesecake

If you really can't tolerate Greek yogurt, try Noosa. It has less Protein, and more calories and carbs than most Greek yogurts, but it is AMAZING. I eat it for dessert as a guilt-free treat. It comes in 4 oz sizes. The lemon tastes like lemon meringue pie filling and the blueberry is awesome. (120-130 calories, 9 gm Protein, 14 gm carbs).

I LOVE trader joes nonfat European style yogurt! Not sure the carb/protein count tho.

I put a ton of turmeric powder and a little liquid stevia, sometimes some cinnamon since that stuff is good for inflammation in general...might be too spicy after surgery tho.

Edited by itstimealready

Are you pre op?

I could not stand any kind of yogurt or any flavor prior to surgery. My taste buds changed a lot after surgery and I tried yogurt and actually liked it!! I was even surprised that my favorite flavor is plain old vanilla.< /p>

I'm a dude who didn't care for yogurt. It's something I sidestepped and reached for other unhealthy garbage.

Once I entered the diet prior to the pre-op liquid diet, I gave Greek yogurt a try due to it's higher Protein content.

I'm a big football fan and had seen Cam Newton's Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt commercials and figured I'd give it a go.

I was very impressed with the flavor and thought it was great. Every flavor was really to my liking. I gave other brands of Greek yogurt a try and never found one I liked as much as the Oikos Triple Zero. None were as healthy, either.

Give it try if you don't get dialed in on another brand.

I'm 7 days post-op, 3rd week of liquids with a few more weeks of liquids to go. I am very much looking forward to the days ahead when I can have my Greek yogurt. It's going to be awesome..

I agree! Oikos Triple Zero is great!! Good flavors high Protein.< /p>

I am a yogurt fan from way back....Greek has bit more tangy taste IMO but I love it. I do not care for plain unless I am substituting it for sour cream.

I like the great value flavors from Walmart as well!

I'm a dude who didn't care for yogurt. It's something I sidestepped and reached for other unhealthy garbage.

Once I entered the diet prior to the pre-op liquid diet, I gave Greek yogurt a try due to it's higher Protein content.

I'm a big football fan and had seen Cam Newton's Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt commercials and figured I'd give it a go.

I was very impressed with the flavor and thought it was great. Every flavor was really to my liking. I gave other brands of Greek yogurt a try and never found one I liked as much as the Oikos Triple Zero. None were as healthy, either.

Give it try if you don't get dialed in on another brand.

I'm 7 days post-op, 3rd week of liquids with a few more weeks of liquids to go. I am very much looking forward to the days ahead when I can have my Greek yogurt. It's going to be awesome..

I have to agree with you Dub, Oikos Greek yogurt is tasty.. you to mix it well as it sometimes has a chalk consistency if not mixed well, that was the only learning curve I have to get use to when I crossed over from regular yogurt to Greek.

Try it with chocolate Protein powder. I hate it too but plan on trying that. My hubby uses swiss miss when he eats plain yogurt and loves it.

Wish I had a good answer for ya, but I feel kind of the same way. I'm not a big fan of plain yogurt. Was going to try some flavored Stevia, or sugar free Jello mix, or my Protein hot cocoa mix. Those have got to make it taste better, right? I wonder what chocolate or strawberry Protein Powder in it would taste like! Good luck. When is your surgery date?[/quote

December 15 :)

Are you pre op?

I could not stand any kind of yogurt or any flavor prior to surgery. My taste buds changed a lot after surgery and I tried yogurt and actually liked it!! I was even surprised that my favorite flavor is plain old vanilla.

Surgery date is 12/15

I really like the oikos triple yogurt vanilla flavor. But I've always loved yogurt too and cottage cheese too!

I'm suppose to keep my sugar grams at 5 or less. All these yogurts you all are talking about that sound so wonderful all have way more than 5gm of sugar in them. I don't think ill be able to have any of them!