Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't fit my clothes post 360 abdominalplasty.

I had brachioplasty and the 360 abdominalplasty with thigh and butt lift a month ago. I find that if I lay flat my stomach doesn't swell at the suture line. After sitting or walking for about 15 minutes, I feel like there is a bicycle tire inner tube filling under my skin. I cannot get into any of my pre surgery pants. I had been wearing a size 8 and post surgery I can only wear sweatpants. My arms are smaller and fit my shirts better but my lower abdomen is the issue. I hope this is just post op swelling that will resolve (probably because all the lymphatic channels were disrupted by the surgery)

I was told the surgeon removed about 7 lbs total. When I weighed myself the next day my weight was up a pound from my pre op weight. Now I am a month out and my weight is down to 151.6 so 13 lbs! soooooo, why can't I get into any of my pants?

Very frustrated.

Did you call the surgeon's office and ask them? I suspect it's just swelling, but I'm not a doctor obviously. I'd be interested in finding out if your experience is normal.

If you're truly concerned I'd not only speak to the surgeon that performed the surgery but another doctor as well who can assess the situation while not feeling the need to protect themselves in the process..

I went to my 1 month follow up with the plastic surgeon and asked him several questions. He said the swelling is normal for the first few months because of all the skin that was removed (10 inches around the front and 8 inches around the back) so the lymphatic system has to grow new channels through the new area under the incision. This can also cause Water retention in the hips, thighs and calf area if I am on my feet too much.

He also told me that at the 3 month follow up, if I am not happy with any areas, we can talk about "fine tuning" the areas with liposuction or trimming more skin (no extra charge for touch ups). That made me feel better about my concerns.

I just need to be patient and take things easy for another month at least so the swelling will stay minimal. So sweat pants for another month before I try to get back into my jeans and dress pants.

You still very soon out a mth out i was wearing leggings. I to had a 360 with a total of 10 lbs removed. I noticed your same issue with the jeans. Mine wouldnt even go up my thighs. But i waited a bit more. Im about 2 and a half mths out now. And i went down like 2 sizes and have the hardest time finding jeans cause my waist is smaller im always pulling them up. Doc said to give it time for everything to set in its place.

I'm 3 weeks out from my Tummy Tuck and none of my pants fit me. I'm trying to stay positive.

I'm almost 4 weeks post 360 lift. My normal jeans fit and can get in the tighter ones in my closet. Hoping when swelling goes down I go down a size.

Compression garments may work wonders for your swelling. My plastic surgeon required me wear my compression garment 24/7.

Super excited bought jeans two sizes smaller yesterday!

It doesn't sound like you are wearing a post PS compression garment; you should be. I wore my for 6 weeks 24/7 after my surgery. It helps to adhere the skin back into place and definitely helps with swelling. I am very surprised that your PS does not recommend this.

I'm having a circumferential lift this coming Monday. Can someone give me their experiences with this? Approx how long does it take yo recover? How long does the intense pain last? Do you have any suggestions to offer?