Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is on your Trader Joe's Shopping List?

I'll share mine, I walk through the store in a loop, so I am just going to start where I start.

• Lemons
  • Cottage cheese
  • Cream Cheese
  • Heavy Cream
  • eggs
  • Almond Meal
  • Unsweetened Almond Mlk
  • Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
  • Frozen Shrimp Stir Fry
  • Frozen Riced Cauliflower (it is always sold out, like finding gold at the end of the rainbow if you can get it) sugar free Chocolated Covered Almonds
  • Bison Burgers
  • Grass Fed Beef
  • Turkey Burgers
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Olive oil
  • Ghee
  • Almond Butter
  • Fiji Water

What is on yours?

I just went there for the first time last week. I'm going again soon for sure. I was with someone else and couldn't look around like I wanted. Really liked the julienned root veggies. I bought two bags of those but that's all I got. Did not know they had sugar free chocolate covered almonds. Definitely going to check that out. AFTER my 5-day pouch test.

Between my house, my school and my office, I pass two Safeways, two Whole Foods, two Wal-Mart Super Centers, one Targer Super, three Sprouts Farmer's Markets and absolutely ZERO TJ's.

Whole Foods and Sprouts are my go-to's. Followed by Safeway. All of them have a great selection of Natural/Organic meats, cheeses, dairy, Snacks, drinks, fruits, veggies, deli products, health and beauty. Plus Safeway (Vons) has an AWESOME gas reward program. Last week I saved $0.50 on gas making it a $1.49 a gallon. Woo hoo!

BUT, if there was a TJ's anywhere close to my 38 mile radius commute, it would be my numbero uno go-to.

Before I moved I had one within walking distance and I would make-up excuses to go mill around.

I forgot my most important item, and the reason I make the trip. Cold Brew coffee Concentrate. I either drink it hot or I make a Protein drink with it cold with unflavored Protein and ice.

I picked up hotwings this weekend. I haven't tried them yet but I will report back if they are a keeper.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Did not know they had sugar free chocolate covered almonds. Definitely going to check that out. AFTER my 5-day pouch test.

I have been eating them since before surgery. They are 200 calories for a serving so I have 1/4 a serving if I want something to munch on. That is 2 almonds. It might not seem like a lot but it is just enough, I swear.

@@OutsideMatchInside & @@OKCPirate - tell me about this Ice coffee concentrate for Protein drinks please. I go to Trader Joes all the time, but mostly for their hummus and yogurts. Does this concentrate have caffeine?

Yes it has caffeine. It is cold brew coffee concentrate. I use it because it has very low acid compared to traditionally brewed coffee.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1708

I'm more a Whole Foods than Trader Joe's gal, but TJ's has a really good soyrizo I like. I don't even recall the brand but I know only TJ's sells it.

II like cold brewed coffee, but I make my own at home.

@@BigViffer - I like using Trader Joe's ice coffee in GNC's no sugar chocolate Protein powder. A little vanilla extract, to really kick it up a notch, half of a Oikos triple zero coconut or vanilla yogurt. Better than a Starbucks frap. 260 calories, 33g of Protein. Yes, it has caffeine.

Edited by OKCPirate

I'm thinking about making my own cold brew at home. It would definitely have a higher quality coffee taste. I just have to decide on a cold brewer.

I love Whole Foods in Lincoln Park in Chicago. The Whole Foods in St Louis sucks.

@@BestDayEver I haven't seen the Tzatziki sauce, I will look for it next time.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I Starbucks Verismo. I am just doing the cold brew because of the acid. That Ninja looks cool but it is still brewing the traditional way with the higher acid content.