Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody use West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh Pa?

Looking for people who have had band to sleeve at West Penn in Pittsburgh Pa. What was your experience like?

I don't know about having bariatric surgery there - but I know West Penn is a very good hospital and well respected. Course I might be a little bias because my oldest nephew was born there AND my aunt worked there as a nurse for 40 years :) I can't wait til after my surgery - next year is my 20 year reunion and a friend is getting married in July up there. So, I'll be able to go back and look so different from what everyone remembers.

I hope someone else has a better answer for you.

I am just starting the process with them I have a meeting Jan12th. I would love a buddy to go thru it with.

Hello MommyT01 Had my band revised to sleeve there Nov 16 15 any ? send me a message glad to help if I can I'm in Weirton Wv Are you in Pittsburgh area?

@MommyT01I used Dr. Marr at West Penn Bariatrics very satisfied

Hi Lakegirl48 I had been seeing Dr Marr for a couple years for band stuff original Dr relocated and i started seeing hi long story short had big problems with the band after 6 years and had it removed and converted to sleeve in 1 surgery was in only 2 night had no problems at all. Dr Marr has been straight up with me and always answered all my question made me feel at ease. His PA Julie has been awesome as well.Any questions just ask I live in Weirton Wv

Thanks so much. Been going back and forth do I do this don't I do this. Confirmation of my Dr helps so much.

Husband not supporting this. Will be there with me for surgery but won't not bring Cookies home for the kids(high schoolers). Just makes me doubt this.

I want this for me. Sick of being unhappy and bad relationship with food.< /p>

You need a really good support system if you're thinking about doing this. We have to be committed because the procedure is not easy. I got it done in order to prevent future health problems added on to the ones that I have now. Just because you want to stop eating, it's not a good excuse. To be honest you really have to to put your all into seeing this procedure through. I have had the Gastric sleeve procedure done on Tuesday (7/17) I just got out today. Can't tell you much other than the uncomfortable things that happens after surgery. Like being filled up with gas and such things like that. Prepping for surgery isn't easy and if you're thinking about doing the surgery to control your appetite you will end up cheating and cause yourself some serious problems. A good support system is important also, this is a life changing experience.

I love Dr. Marr's team! They are very informative and very well organized. Anything you need or any questions you have they are always glad to help. Day 4 and I'm so happy although a little uncomfortable from being sore. I am not fatigue or tired at all. They really do help make the procedure a success, but you have to be dedicated for this life long commitment. Dr. Marr's bedside manner is excellent, he tells you he will take care of you, and he actually does. I'm a big believer in "A man has nothing but his word". Dr. Marr is Golden with me!

That's who my surgeon is going to be. I have cancelled two times due to fears and other issues. Rescheduled for Sept now.
So he's good huh? This needs to be one less of my worries?

Lol you must be the reason I was able to sneak in on the 18th.

Thank you, since pre-op diet and surgery on the 18th I've lost 24lbs.

In get emotional when I think about it, because of him doing this surgery, and how well his team works together, I can honestly say: "He saved my life!"

20170719_062252.jpg