Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Giving up

NULL

Edited by NULL

I am a little confused You lost weight for a partner?? Not for your health??

NULL

Edited by NULL

NULL

Edited by NULL

I know the feeling. I had surgery to feel better about myself in addition to improving my health. I also would love to find a partner, but just cannot find anyone to date. It's definitely harder to date over forty than it is when you are younger.

I have been celibate for three years...don't want to say that I am asexual or giving up, but I definitely have times when I take a break and don't try for a while. You might just want to do that, take a break for a while and then go back to it. A few months away does a lot for your perspective on it. :)

Best of luck whatever you decide!

NULL

Edited by NULL

This kind of talk is scary to me. We have had two recent incidents where men decided to shoot people because they were alone and had nobody, no relationship.

Why is it so bad to just be alone and happy with being alone?

Is this just a male - femaie thing?

I am ok with being celibate for life if I have too. I just find no need or want.

NULL

Edited by NULL

You sound depressed and lonely. I would suggest counseling, and also working on developing actual friendships. Get out there and find some group activities that are fun for you, and allow you to find people that are interested in the same things you are, and just work on developing your social skills.

You should not be looking for a relationship right now. You need to figure out who you are and become happy with that person before you will be open for a healthy relationship.

With you being depressed, insecure and lonely, all you'd attract right now would be broken people anyway... as you sound broken yourself. So fix what is wrong with you, and relationships should follow.

Good luck!

Lord justice I am still very confused. Are you looking for a relationship, friendship or just sex? I am only wanting surgery to be healthy. I can care less what I look like or what relationship, friendship or sex I may or may not get. I have read this whole thread and agree with the fact that you have to love you first. Therapy sounds like a great option. I am not trying to harsh with you. But if your not happy in your own skin how can you make someone else happy? And coming out of a 16 year relationship. Well another of any type would be the last thing on my mind.

NULL

Edited by NULL

I do not know if you can delete threads on here. But tbh I do not see that you were attacked at all. And to say women jump to conclusions is pretty bad comment to make. I think everyone was giving you good suggestions. Friendship is something that does not just happen you have to work on a friendship the same you have to work in a relationship. Maybe a change in attitude and not thinking everyone is out to attack you would make it easier to find friends??

NULL

Edited by Lord Justice