Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone feel weak or sick?

I'm a little more than two weeks out and the nausea has just not hit me. I also feel the worst at night. I wake up feeling sick and really lightheaded. I'm worried about taking in too less of calories. I'm struggling with Protein the past couple days. I can't get down a Protein Shake in a day. I'm just worried. I have no energy. Is this normal?

Are you getting on enough water/liquids? Sounds like dehydration. Just thought, I'm no exactly sure. However, those are symptoms of dehydration. Have tried switching your Protein Shakes?

I feel like this when I need Water. Try drinking more : )

It's no mystery that you have no energy if you aren't even getting a single Protein shake in.

This could account for all sorts of feeling bad.

There are many brands and types of low carb Protein shakes. Variety can be your friend.

Water is the most important thing you put in your body at this stage. You definately have dehydration symptoms and if not addressed immediately can become dangerous.

Start by focusing on Water intake immediately, then work on the Protein shake issue. Honestly I was about 6 weeks post op before I could finish a whole Protein Shake. I had to add milk to Premier Protein to thin it out a bit.

You do have some stores of Protein that will hold you for a few weeks so just do the best you can with them. As swelling goes down you will be able to tolerate more and your feeling of weakness will get better.

Certainly that nauseous feeling, dizziness and general weakness is dehydration. If you cannot get enough fluids in (48 oz. minimum) you will need to call your doctors office. They will likely send you to the hospital or doctors office for IV fluids which will help you feel better.

You have got to keep up with your Protein and fluids.

Are you sipping all day? Do you set short-term goals/milestones (2 oz every 15 minutes)? Have you talked to your NUT?

You will feel lousy if you are dehydrated and malnourished.

I haven't talked to her recently. I've only been having this problem the past two days. I've been able to get Protein in and my puréed food down until the day before yesterday. It was really random. I just couldn't keep down the Protein shakes and they made my stomach make weird repulsive noises then I would get extremely nauseous. They made me super uncomfortable.

Before surgery I was extremely lactose intolerant but I was so desperate to get protein in I drank milk and it went down easy with no problem. So I wanted to try powder and milk because at this point I just need something.

Last night got so bad I woke up my mom at 2am and had her take me to a gas station to get protein Water. I was so dizzy. I was about two minutes from going to the ER.

I know now it was dehydration. I actually got down the protein Water. My mom stayed up with me all night and kept me awake to drink it all and I felt a lot better. And today it's been easy again to get Protein Shakes down and food.

Idk what happened two days ago that started it but it was really scary.

I'm glad you are both better. Dehydration is dangerous.

I sometimes feel light headed if I forget to eat or have not drank enough. It sounds like this may be the cause when had you last eaten or hydrated

You really need to have a drink on hand all the time just keep sipping. When was your surgery I found it difficult just after surgery fitting in Protein and Water but it gets easier don't be too hard on your self X

You really need to have a drink on hand all the time just keep sipping. When was your surgery I found it difficult just after surgery fitting in Protein and Water but it gets easier don't be too hard on your self X

Had surgery the 30 th have had a hard time getting liquid and Protein in . sugar free popsycles saved me . I'm so sick of shakes .

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App