Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

from lap band to bypass,,anyone?

Hi

Im switching to the bypass from the lap band due to my band is leaking at the port. I'm tired of all the maintence with the band etc... Anyone do a revision to the bypass and how did it go? loose fast? any regrets? any advice? I gained some back due to my band being empty for a few months,,, my surgery is Nov 4, 2015...thanks

After 14 miserable and unsuccessful years with the lapband I am going for revision to bypass.I had to start all over again....now I just have sleep apnea and PSYCH evaluation.Sleep apnea may delay me a bit but almost ready for all my papers to be submitted for insurance approval.

I should of went with the bypass day one...

I definitely agree I should have went with the bypass in the first place! I went from the lapband to the sleeve to now the gastric bypass. I started out much lighter when I had the bypass and am losing very well. I have no regrets and am very happy; I really like also not being able to eat sugars; this is a downfall with the sleeve as you can!! Recovery for me was longer with the bypass than the sleeve but it is a more aggressive surgery. I am feeling great now. You are making the right decision, best wishes.

Fantastic because Ibhave to get all this weight off...bypass hopefully will help me get on track.

I just came out of surgery a few hours ago and they couldn't do the bypass for me because my band eroded my stomach and my organs were swollen and smashed together. Yay me.this band was the worst decision ever.

I basically did all this testing and went through surgery and that terrible preop diet and paid all this money for nothing today.

Hi

Im switching to the bypass from the lap band due to my band is leaking at the port. I'm tired of all the maintence with the band etc... Anyone do a revision to the bypass and how did it go? loose fast? any regrets? any advice? I gained some back due to my band being empty for a few months,,, my surgery is Nov 4, 2015...thanks

I am revising. I was previously banded Nov 2011. Lost 80 pounds, but developed problems with my band about 2.5 yrs out. I hit the green zone once. Long story short, my band cause so many reflux issues, heartburn all the time, vomiting. It eventually slipped and I just had it removed in August 2015. I am revising to bypass 11/30/15. I initially wanted sleeve, but because of the damage caused from my band with my reflux issues, the sleeve would make reflux worse. I am happy with my bypass decision. I should have chosen bypass in the first place.

I am told that revision patients lose a little bit slower than a new WLS patient. We shall see.

Same here...revising...I get the results to my sleep apnea on Friday one or 2 more NUT and schedule of my psych and I am ready to submit paperwork...I need this revision to bypass ASAP.

I just came out of surgery a few hours ago and they couldn't do the bypass for me because my band eroded my stomach and my organs were swollen and smashed together. Yay me.this band was the worst decision ever.

I basically did all this testing and went through surgery and that terrible preop diet and paid all

It's a shame that we can't file lawsuits.The band is defective.

@@Pinkgirl1234 I'm so sorry to hear that happened. I know you must be devastated.

Does this mean that you can never have a revision, or that they just have to wait awhile to give you a chance to heal?

I sure hope it's the latter.

@

I assume you're talking to me because it was my revision that just failed. The doc said I can try again in about three months but now I have to hope I heal, hope the insurance approves another go, and come up with all the money for out of pocket and travel expenses

I need to get all my paperwork in...my pulmonary Doctor is holding up the process...mild sleep apnea...just got fitted and have to take a breath test they forgot to perform...ugh

I am here ..long struggle with the band..since 2004 ...pure misery..revising to bypass...tentative date Dec 28