Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't be the only one that can't stomach protein!

I feel like this surgery was not best for me!! I feel like my hairs going to fall out!!! I can't stomach any Protein at all. I had two eggs yesterday that got me to 12 grams but that's it. There must be someone out there that has the same problem. When I reach out people say try this try that I hate vanilla and chocolate anything and the fruit ones yuck I may just have two take protein pills like 10 times a day anyone help please depressed :(

How do u feel about coconut?

Here is the thing, you have to get your Protein or you will get very very sick and your hair will fall out and you won't heal. You likely cannot get it all from food right now given you cannot eat enough to get there. That means you have to find a supplement that works for you.

Have you tried any of the Protein waters that are available! There are different fruit flavors available just google protein Water and find one that works for you. Just make sure it is low calorie.

I personally do not tolerate the powders at all. I gag and end up throwing up. Because of this my doctor suggested Premier Protein ready made shakes which have 30 grams in 11 ounces. 1 gram of sugar and 160 calories.

Because they are so packed with a protein punch I really only have to drink 1 per day and can get the rest of my protein from food. Unfortunately those only have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors. Because they are ready made they don't have that discusting grit or nasty smell that most Protein Shakes have. They are also not so cloyingly sweet.

Good luck! You must find something that works for you.

Coconut ehhh not to fond of either I am the most pickiest person the only thing that I did find that I can get maybe one Down a full day is Atkins shake it has 15 grams but I could only get one down in a whole day sipping here and there

Thanks djmour believe me I feel like I'm going to be sick forever and that's why I know this probably wasn't the best choice for me now damn

I didn't get my Protein in for about 8 months. Some hair fell out and I lost a lot of muscle, but that was about it.

Now I'm getting better and being able to eat more of it. It does sometimes take time. Try your best, get in as much as you can, but don't freak out or regret surgery. You will get there!!

Less than 20 grams a day. I'm not encouraging this!! Just lettin you know I didn't die or go bald.

Have you tried any healthy Protein like fat free refried Beans, hummos, nut butters, o smoothies made with high-protein whole foods like oatmeal or cooked broccoli (yes they are high in Protein too)?

I haven't had my surgery yet but at the support meetings a number of people have said they can't tolerate meat and/or eggs and/or dairy, so these are some of the things they eat. I already can't stand the smell of cooking steak, eggs, or fish, so I'm definitely going to try their ideas! (One of the members turned us all on to Dr. Garth Davis's blog -- he's the bariatric surgeon that they made a reality tv show about -- he now recommends plant-based "real" foods to his patients).

Did you have these aversions to sources of Protein prior to the surgery during the pre-op diets ?

I'm 8 months out and not getting the Protein I need. I'm maybe 20 grams and believe me, I feel horrible most days and my hair is falling out. Thank God for thick hair. I HATE Protein Shakes and the meal bars aren't for me either. I crave regular food. Any ideas of small meals that are packed with protein. I started at 243 and I'm down to 156. I look sick and hope the weight stops coming off soon. This is all my fault as I don't exercise and eat like I should. Any advice for meals would be appreciated. BTW I would do this again if I had too, I just need to learn the proper way to eat.

@@Skinny Steps - at 8 months you should be able to tolerate more Protein heavy food such as tuna, chicken, beef, pork, cheese, Greek yogurt, beef Jerky, etc. At 5 months post-op, I do still have 1 Premier Protein shake per day but I am easily getting 50 to 70g per day from food. Are you not able to tolerate these things? What are you eating? If vegetarian, there are also choices such as Beans, legumes, nuts, etc. You need to meet with a NUT ASAP and get your intake evaluated.