Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a maintenance NSV

Okay, life has been pretty weird lately. Do you ever go through phases where everything you touch just turns to crap? Well... last few days have been like that. Not one single thing was disasterous, but it was like a series of unfortunate events - ha! Really kinda got me down for a bit there. Seriously

This is a partial list of the crap that has happened to me in the last 1-2 days:

-vacuum stopped sucking

-internet started sucking - damn brand new router just restarted itself at random and with some frequency (I work from home and really need reliable internet!)

-Vet called in wrong scrip for my ancient dog (end of life pallitive care) and I had to beg pharmasist to give us enough pills for a few days until we could get scrip.

-Had to wait forever for said pharmacist

-Old dog couldn't get up Monday morning - I had to lift him so he could stand to go potty... poor old man, it breaks my heart!

- and the worst... I sold my beautiful beautiful young horse to a new owner because I have had some health problems that prevent me from giving her what she needs. (like alot of blonde bombshells, she is high maintenance). I actually hired a trusted trainer to sell her and screen the buyer so she went to a home where her talents would be appreciated and her negatives would be managed... I disclosed EVERYTHING about this horse. The buyer turned out to be evil, and not even 2 weeks later is reselling her for way more money and the ad is packed full of lies. She is saying this horse is beginner safe and she is NOT. I am sick about it, what if someone is hurt? What if my beautiful horse is hurt?

Anyway... here is the point of my post. I didn't turn to food even though I felt pretty frustrated and sad and even angry. Especially about my horse.

@@CowgirlJane Well crap! You're having a week aren't you?! Can you post a add disclosing everything so people will know?

Sorry to hear you're having a crappy week, I get the whole "old dog " thing, its hard to see them struggle but good to know you gave him a long happy life with lots of love. As far as the evil horse owner ? Im right there with Elode, place an add stating the real truth about the horse ! Its not about the money or the evil new owner, its about saving your sweet horse and a new owner alot of future grief. If nothing else, you'll feel better that you did everything you could for a horse that has no say so in this whole situation. Can you tell Im an animal lover ?

hmmm... might be a better plan than strangling her.

@@CowgirlJane Well crap! You're having a week aren't you?! Can you post a add disclosing everything so people will know?

@@CowgirlJane - That is a s**t week. But CONGRATS on not using food to soothe. I know that is big. Now if you can only find your way to OKC, I'd give you a big old massage and let you relax in the hot tub, you'd be feeling great again.

Gosh what an awful few days Glad to see you didn't self medicate with food. I hope you can do something about the horse situation. I cannot stand animals being mistreated. It breaks my heart.

Sorry to hear about your no good rotten few days. You have accomplished a lot to realize that food is not a panacea for misfortune this is a wonderful NSV!

Edited by borg/assimilated

Ugh! What a crappy week to deal with. I am glad to hear you have dealt with it without turning to food. Congratulations!

I personally think strangling her might make for another crappy week! LOL!

Certainly makes sense to post the ad instead.

That is a huge NSV. Amazing really, considering everything your week has been. Congratulations and I hope it gets better.

@"cowgirljane" what a sucky sucky week! Sometimes it seems like Murphy's law hits and nothing can go right!!! I suggest taking a day and pampering yourself. A spa day, a nice new haircut, ect. Something YOU find very relaxing to reset your week. That's what I do when I feel my energy going to the negative.

I hope things get better. So sad about your horse :((((

Well, vacuum cleaner, internet and prescriptions are all resolved..whew.

I still have a very old dog who is sadly, quite literally on his last legs. He is the family dog my boys were raised with and though I know it is time to let him go, they just.can't.yet. The wicked evil lying person still has my horse. Somethings you really can't fix.

I'm sorry things are going this way with the horse

This is a real victory in your life! What a week. Who would've known you can make it without resorting to food, unless you were tested? So sad about the horse???? though.