Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The BEST words I could ever hear....

Cancer-Free!!!!! It is official, and what I have been waiting for, for over 5 months. My husband Dave, is now cancer-free, out of the mouth of the surgeon, himself. The pathology came back with minimal lymphatic cancer cells, which means there will always be the possibility of return, but the surgeon is very optimistic about Dave beating this forever.

From stage 4 colon cancer, intense chemotherapy, HIPEC surgery, and now surgical recovery, 6 more chemo treatments, onto a future bright with hope. HOPE. NEVER give up, people. NEVER!!!! Pray until you can't anymore, let the Lord hear your plight, your love, your hope, and BELIEVE! Miracles DO happen, and even though Dave has a long, hard road of recovery ahead of him, those 2 words "Cancer-Free" has given him what he (WE) needs to get through this.

His epidural comes out today, and the real pain will begin. NO PROBLEM......we CAN deal with it! We WILL. The 6 remaining chemo treatments will be horrible, but we WILL sail through them. On God's wings, my friends.

HOPE. FAITH. TRUST.

I read in my little devotional a description of the word HOPE: "Hope is Faith, holding it's hand out in the dark." And we have lived that way, since hearing those horrible words (colon cancer, stage 4) over 5 months ago. Our hands, held out, to grasp the Lord's hand, with our eyes shut tight. He not only grabbed on, but yanked us out of that pit, hoisted us onto His shoulders, and gave us the PEACE of knowing we are fully enrobed in His Almighty, All-Powerful, and Most Merciful love.

He has a plan for us, and I know one thing: Dave, now healed, can once again go back to doing what he loves, saving others, because of God's unyielding GRACE.

So, once again, I (OUTLOUD, for the WHOLE world to hear) THANK YOU, MOST MERCIFUL AND HEAVENLY FATHER, FOR THIS BLESSED GIFT OF LIFE. FOR MY HUSBAND, FOR MYSELF, FOR ALL WHO WILL BE SAVED BECAUSE OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU. Amen.

And I thank all of my BP friends, who have SO LOVINGLY given of your hearts and prayers for Dave's healing. I am humbled by you.

Love,

Jenifer

What a great post, congratulations to you and Dave I hope this journey allows you many more wonderful years together.

Happy Dance

So happy for you guys!!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I'm not even going to give you a hard time for using that horrific writing!!! I made out the first line before my eyes started to cross so I got the goods!!! You are blessed!

@@CanyonBaby Thank God! I saw that title and thought....yeah!!!!!!

thanks for sharing your blessing from God.

I am happy and relieved for you both! What great news!

@@CanyonBaby

I am so very very happy to hear this news! I wish you and Dave happiness together. I swear I was holding my breath for you. You were living my deepest fear and it just goes to show you that you have to stay strong and pray a lot.

You both deserve to be very very happy together!

God Bless you both!

Deb

Truly the best words you could ever hear. Congratulations and much future happiness to you both. Hope Dave recovers fast.

WHEW!!! Have been sending lots of energy your way, along with all of the others. So glad this is over the hump, you both deserve a great outcome.

Words don't do justice to how happy I am for you. Thank you for sharing this incredible journey with all of us!!!

From your mouth to Gods ears ! Congratulations on the best possible news !!! Sending hugs and good karma your way !!!!

I'm so happy for you both!!!

@@Elode

You know, I thought of that AFTER I posted it, HAHA! Hurts my eyes, too...or is that the unending weeping for joy and relief???? I may never know.....