Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning friends! Today is finally the day!!! Could not sleep last night and woke about 5am. The hospital pre op had given me a scrub stat bottle to use the morning of the surgery to decrease infection risk. Took my scrub stat shower and woke the family up. Kids are all off to grandparents and my husband, mom and I are on the road to the hospital! Nervous and super anxious!! Oh the anxiety is raging!! Will keep you all posted along the way!

Good luck!! You will be great

Hope you have an easy procedure and recovery. Make sure you walk and sip as much as possible later after you get out of recovery. Good luck! ????

The surgery went great I was told. When I woke after surgery there was not too much pain but I was highly nauseous and could not wake up. This has been going on all day so I have only been out of bed twice to use the restroom. It's 10 pm now and I am waking longer and the nausea has subsided some. No eat or drink till the morning though. Which is fine because I am not hungry anyway. Will keep you all posted!

Surgery is now behind me, yay! I am so surprised how tired I was. The anesthesia took till about midnight to completely wear off enough for me to get up and walk. I would fall asleep within a minute of waking and I just could not seem to get myself together! The nausea after is the worst! A combo of not eating and the meds left me feeling like I would hurl any moment. But I never did! I just kept sleeping so that I wouldn't have to deal with it.

After about 4 Pm I refused the pain meds because I really was not hurting and I think that contributed to my nausea.

About 11 ish I guess, I got up again and walked around the floor. That was a piece of cake! It's now almost two am and I am awake.. Ready to get moving! Lol

There truly is no hunger or hunger pains after surgery which I am thankful of. Should be moved to Clear Liquids in the morning. So far so good guys!

Day after surgery went well. Was released to go home this evening and I am so happy to be in my own bed! I did not have much gas in the beginning but it has increased by tonight. I call it bubble guts because it feels like little bubbles rising in my chest and throat. I take the gas x strips and it helps some.

One thing that I am SO thankful for is the tummy binder my doc ordered for me. It helps bind my belly and especially important when I cough.. Or like yesterday when I dry heaved like crazy!

Hoping the next few days are much better!!

How is everyone doing so far!?!

Two days since surgery and it is getting easier. Haven't had pain meds since the evening of the surgery so I am surprised by the minimal pain. Little tiredness and gassy but that's normal. Adjustment has been pretty easy!