Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:How do you get your high protein?

Hello Everyone!

Can you tell me how you are getting all your Protein into your diet? I've been told after awhile people don't necessarily just use Protein shakes to get their protein... so tell, me what do you eat to get in you 60-80 a day? Many thanks... trying to get mentally prepped!!! :)

It takes a while to get up to that for most people. Once you can move on to real foods it gets easier. chicken, fish, cheese, yogurt, etc.

High Protein foods include fish, chicken, lean meats, cheeses, eggs, yogurts, Beans, nuts, vegetables. If you are talking about post-op, right after surgery, which is where I am at 4 days out, I am relying on clear Protein drinks (40G per bottle), unflavored Protein powder (26g per scoop) added to Jello and broth. Tomorrow, I can transition to Soups (adding Protein powder), smooth yogurts, soy milk, and ready to drink non-clear vanilla/chocolate Protein Drinks in an attempt to get in my protein.

Edited by thisfathasgot2go

Here is an example of a typical day for me, the numbers indicate the amount of Protein.

Breakfast

Hard boiled egg - 6

Mini baby bel light cheese - 6

lunch

Extra lean turkey meatballs - 20

dinner

Grilled chicken breast - 32

Cottage cheese -6

snack

Almonds - 4

Hope this helps.

I eat a lot of fish, mostly cod, and chicken breasts. I use a variety of fresh herbs and seasonings to change things up so that it doesn't get boring. I also eat eggs, Beans, cheese and yogurt.

Fish (salmon)

chicken

Greek yogurt

cheese

eggs

Turkey

Beans

You can get there...remember eat Protein first so you get to that goal!

I do a lot of Beans, eggs, greek yogurt ( I use FAGE plain 0% ), nuts, cheese, dark green leafy vegetables and I supplement with unflavored Protein powder.< /p>

I'm in a Soup mood so I'm making a orca bean/forbidden rice Soup with collard greens shreds. Black rice is Protein packed and full of Fiber & nutrients. I'll soak the Beans overnight and then cook everything in the crock pot tomorrow.

I refuse to sacrifice good healthy Fiber for protein so I try to get a balance of both. It keeps me Constipation free and gives me energy.

I don't like Beans or yogurt, so I mostly eat fish. I can't eat enough eggs, to make them worthwhile. I try to make sure I have 20g of Protein per meal. I eat 4 times a day, protein first. Usually a fish fillet. I have no hunger so sometimes I get busy and forget to eat. If it is near the end of the day and I am short on protein, I have a shake, but those days are rare.

eggs, one shake a day, cheese, beef Jerky, chicken breast, Peanut Butter, nuts(raw almonds).

I have always drank just one Protein Shake a day, never had a issue, I even gave blood at 3 months out. Hope this helps:)

Hi I'm 12 weeks after surgery and I really am struggling to get my quota of Protein in each day. I still can't eat that much and meat seems to make me feel sick. Protein drinks also make me sick. Any advice on what I can do please.

Hi I'm 12 weeks after surgery and I really am struggling to get my quota of Protein in each day. I still can't eat that much and meat seems to make me feel sick. Protein drinks also make me sick. Any advice on what I can do please.

Try eating more often. You can eat frequent high-protein Snacks and small meals throughout the day.

Thank you Inner surf girl I will try having more meals. I was aiming for just 3 and found it impossible. I'm seeing my dietician tomorrow so hopefully I can sort it out.

If you can't eat meat or protein drinks you need to look at alternatives. Everyone has posted really great suggestions for every type of food preference upthread. 12 weeks is still early so it's understandable if you are still having difficulties, but you need to strive to do better each day. Try protein drinks instead of milk based shakes, Isopure, Syntrax nectar, even Special K are a few brands. If the issue is nausea, get something for it from your doctor. 4 - 6 smaller meals instead of 3 major ones.

Shrimp, fish cheese and

chicken. Shrimp is very high in Protein and I love it. Win Win