Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 weeks out and my Protein Shakes had been making me nauseous. But yesterday and today I tried something new, I left them in the fridge and just sipped on them all day. I had been trying to drink them in one sitting. I'm getting two in with no effort! I hope this is ok????

I am exactly one month out, surgery was September 9th.

I am SO SICK of Protein shakes, but I know I need them. I found a Cappuccino flavor I like. I also have fuzzy navel and chicken powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

My Dr. was concerned I am not taking in the desired amount of Protein and Fiber I should. I am sticking to Soups, mashed potatoes and gravy. They want me to begin eating but keep the protein and Fiber up.

I did some research online and came up with plenty of options.

I am sick and tired of oatmeal and creme of wheat. So there are cold Cereal options.

I have tried cod filets and I liked them. chicken breast and last night had about 4 oz piece of cube steak and pureed sweet carrots.

Meal planning is becoming a challenge.

Oh what I wouldn't do for a salad!

Edited by magicalwoman

I do mine in a 20oz tumbler and fill with ice. It stays cold and tasty for hours... I tend to drink my morning iced Syntrax Cappuccino in about an hour though.

Although I haven't tried this, perhaps try diluting the Premier Protein shake with some fairlife fat free milk? That may take some of the sweetness out of it for you..... And give a boost to the Protein numbers to boot. Just a thought but might be worth a try, best of luck with this!

I have a similar problem I've four weeks post op and before surgery, I could drink my shakes no problem at all. Since surgery though, the smell of Protein shakes makes my stomach turn, the taste makes my stomach turn, even the unflavored! Tried the unflavored when I made an omelet and it all came up. It as horrible. I've tried Isopure, Syntrax nectar, unjury, Pure Protein, Muscle Milk. I'm at a loss and so frustrated! Any suggestions?

I like the GNC total lean ready to drink shakes. They are super easy to drink cold. I love them