Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 surgery dates?

I'm one week post surgery today. Things are going really well!

I've only lost 2 pounds in the last week; of course that doesn't count having to re-lose the 10 pounds of IV liquids they pumped into me at the hospital. I came home feeling SO bloated and was SHOCKED when I stepped on the scale! Haha

Feeling great (still sore), my incisions look good, I've been able to tolerate any liquid I tried...just trying not to get too bored with this liquid phase. Trying to keep some variety.

I'm moving to stage 2 on Christmas where I'll treat myself to a good puree Soup and my chocolate Protein powder mixed with plain Greek yogurt for a great Protein punch! Haha

The entire process was exactly 8 weeks. I already knew what was required and what my insurance needed. 3 weeks later approved 3 weeks after that surgery scheduled, and as of 12/15 I had my surgery.. I'm nor hungry but my hunger brain is in overdrive. I tried literally 1 chip today and my stomach was not having it????.

Surgery in the morning! Nervous and excited. I'm worried I won't be able to sleep tonight. Also, super duper hungry from this day before surgery clear liquid only diet.

Surgery in the morning! Nervous and excited. I'm worried I won't be able to sleep tonight. Also, super duper hungry from this day before surgery clear liquid only diet.

I have surgery in the morning too!!...I am too nervous and excited to sleep!!...I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am

Happy to report that today I am 5 days post op and am feeling much much better! It was rough but I think I made it to the other side!!!

I had my surgery yesterday day on the 22nd and everything went great!!...however I was not prepared for pressure from the gas they use to blow your stomach it up to give them room to work...it felt like an elephant was sitting in my chest. I found the quicker you are able to get up and move around the quicker the gas dispels. Today has been much better

My surgery is the 30th. Pre-op diet going fine. Down 11 lbs, but know I think my liver is detoxing well, as my stomach is upset/sore. Trying to stay healthy as those around me are getting sick. Hope you all have a great holiday.

Surgery was on 12/14. Feeling really great. Will talk to NUT on Monday. Looking forward to changing up my food. I have not weighed myself yet. Waiting for post op appointment to get that surprise.

I had surgery 12/14. I was in the hospital 4 days. Is that normal? The pain was a lot worse than I imagined and I was on iv pain medication. I don't remember much just sleeping a lot. Now that I'm home things are going ok. I haven't taken anything for pain for almost a week. I started soft foods today. Yay! Protein Shakes are making me gag. I'm seeing the dr tomorrow for my first postop. I'm trying to decide when I should go back to work. I still tire easily. I'm on my feet alot at work and do a lot of walking.

Surgery was the 18th. Went home the next day. Did not have any gas pain. No pain med school after 30am the 19th. They made me nausea and dizzy. Doing ok. Protein Shakes go right thru me. See the Dr. Tomorrow. Hard to get all the fluids in.

I had surgery 12/14. I was in the hospital 4 days. Is that normal? The pain was a lot worse than I imagined and I was on iv pain medication. I don't remember much just sleeping a lot. Now that I'm home things are going ok. I haven't taken anything for pain for almost a week. I started soft foods today. Yay! Protein shakes are making me gag. I'm seeing the dr tomorrow for my first postop. I'm trying to decide when I should go back to work. I still tire easily. I'm on my feet alot at work and do a lot of walking.

Mine was the same day. I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already. I was in the hospital for 2 days, sleeping most of the time (when I want up walking & trying to pass that uncomfortable gas!).

I started introducing soft foods Christmas day. No problems so far. I have powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder which I still have once a day to keep my Protein up. I admit to using the chocolate flavor in milk more than anything (I also have unflavored mix to go in juices & I'm also going to start putting that in morning smoothies that I plan to make with my Ninja).

I haven't taken any pain meds since the day I came home from the hospital. I had a ruptured appendix/surgery years ago & expected another abdominal surgery to be that level of discomfort. By comparison, this was a cakewalk.

I actually plan to return to work tomorrow right after my doc appt. Of course, I have a desk job, so that makes it easier. I figure going back in a short week is a good way to slowly get back into the groove.

I hope things get better for you daily. :-)