Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The STRICT ones in first year......

I want to lose as much as I can in my first year. I will not cheat or give in etc. I went into this surgery knowing my life was changing forever & I was not going back. I have no interest in carbs or sweets shockingly. Thankfully.

So I have been looking at recipes on here & various Bariatric sites & Pinterest & I am worried when I see carbs. I want to stay away from carbs.

So I am calling out to all of the VERY STRICT sleevers who are in their first year or who are past their first year and were strict. I am looking for ideas of recipes with no carbs & no sugar please.

Can we start a thread going here to support each other? Thanks in advance ????????

No carbs is unrealistic and unhealthy in my opinion. I avoid starches for the most part, most of the time (rice, Pasta, bread, potatoes, etc). You do need some carbs. The goal is to be healthy.

I should have clarified... I don't eat rice, Pasta, breads, potatoes, etc. I do eat fruit & veggies.

I am in that category then. No starches in my diet, for the most part. You get creative with recipes :)

I am in that category then. No starches in my diet, for the most part. You get creative with recipes :)

Can you share some please?

I was very strict my first year and stayed completely on my recommended diet.

But that diet included carbs - in the form of vegetables - low glycemic vegetables, high in Fiber. (broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts...)

Staying away from processed foods/sugar is a good thing, but I still needed carbs for energy and the nutrients that were in those foods.

Carbs are not a bad thing and I didn't need to stay completely away from them.

I have a couple of recipes that I used A LOT the first year:

N

@@Lexuskela

The recipes on this site are from my local bariatric dietitian. I love her cooking class.

http://insidekarenskitchen.com/bariatric-friendly-recipes/

@@joatsaint

That is awesome! Thank you!

@@jenn1

Thank you so much too!! I will definitely check it out! Mine gave me some ideas a while back printed out, but not an updated site or anything. Thank you!!!

@@jenn1

OMG! I JUST LOOKED QUICK!!!! I am excited so many options! All are healthy? My mindset is so used to tasty not being healthy lol ... Also excited to see pumpkin Protein shake!!!!!! ????????????????????

@@Lexuskela

Next to her recipes she notes things like omit rice...I love her cooking class. Its like food network but only better. We get to sample what she makes. Having a sleeve her samples are a full meal for me that night.

Her white bean chili is amazing. Great dish for fall and football season.

@clueless2002

I also pintrest a TON of paleo too!! ???????? I don't think it is fad... Everyone has opinions now a days on everything lol someone would have an opinion on do we REALLY need air?? Lol haha ???????????????? joking .... I do what works for me & what has worked before surgery ( I should have stuck to it though) was always cutting carbs... The BAD CARBS. And so far since surgery I am sticking to it strick as can be & healthy & its working for my body & I feel great ???????? so I am with ya!!